The Ayton Plan

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is the case. I think there is rule against trading Turner because he was included to make cap numbers work. So, this might be a case where the Suns are taking what they can get.

"Players who were recently traded can be flipped again immediately. However, unless they were acquired via cap room, they can't be traded again immediately in a deal that aggregates their salary with another player's for matching purposes."

That would include Turner correct in this case? He is being included to make the numbers work? All these rules are confusing.

In a multi-team trade it's conceivable Myles Turner could go elsewhere. A team like the Raptors could get involved.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think that is the case. I think there is rule against trading Turner because he was included to make cap numbers work. So, this might be a case where the Suns are taking what they can get.

"Players who were recently traded can be flipped again immediately. However, unless they were acquired via cap room, they can't be traded again immediately in a deal that aggregates their salary with another player's for matching purposes."

That would include Turner correct in this case? He is being included to make the numbers work?
Ok, that is a good point you might be right. If that is the case I believe you can still trade him before the deadline. I know this, Suns don't want to keep him long term according to Gambo who I believe on stuff like that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a multi-team trade it's conceivable Myles Turner could go elsewhere.
Yeah, but unless it's with the Nets, we still are probably stuck trading Mikal to get Durant in that scenerio which I am not in favor of.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a multi-team trade it's conceivable Myles Turner could go elsewhere.
Oh...yeah in a multiple team trade that doesn't apply. It's just unless the Suns are their typical hush hush...this looks like a direct deal with the Indiana which I think means we can't move Turner (ICBR). I am still holding out hope for a multiple partner deal. The Suns would get more back IMO. Doesn't sound like it though.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
The Pacers are gonna take two top 10 picks (Ayton & Stix) from us for Myles Turner and Torrey Craig

The Suns deserve to suck.
That is a shame isn't it? It could be 2 top 10 picks #1Ayton & #10Smith for Torrey freaking Craig and Mytles Turner who nobody wanted & Turner doesn't even rebound as well as Ayton. Suns are the Indiana Pacer's G league team. Indiana covets Ayton and Suns don't really want Turner. Tell Indiana Halibuton comes into play too! You got give something to get something rule applies here. But the Suns are just disguised as a real NBA team no guts.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder do you think the Spurs might take Turner for a 1st rounder?

If we could get 4 first rounders, plus our own first rounders, maybe the nets would just take salary stuffers for Durant.

Probably not the more I think about it, but they might take him for a 2nd

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder do you think the Spurs might take Turner for a 1st rounder?

If we could get 4 first rounders, plus our own first rounders, maybe the nets would just take salary stuffers for Durant.

Probably not the more I think about it, but they might take him for a 2nd

The nets have already said they don’t want draft picks

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is true. The Nets want an all-star caliber player AND picks. The rumors have been consistent they are using Golbert as the baseline. Meaning including multiple first round picks. They have been asking teams for the moon (as they should). They won't get it IMO.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Of course they’re saying something to that affect to boost the caliber of players they would want back. A haul of picks will be involved in any KD deal.

It’s a wings league and Mikal/Cam might be the best they can do given the reports…

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course they’re saying something to that affect to boost the caliber of players they would want back. A haul of picks will be involved in any KD deal.

It’s a wings league and Mikal/Cam might be the best they can do given the reports…

Then your talking about Ayton/Bridges/Cam all being gone and a million draft picks for a guy who’s 34 and had two really bad leg injuries and is owed 200 million dollars

Yikes

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then your talking about Ayton/Bridges/Cam all being gone and a million draft picks for a guy who’s 34 and had two really bad leg injuries and is owed 200 million dollars

Yikes
If we give up Cam J, Bridges and the max amount of picks which would be 4 first rounders and 3 swaps? My mouth will hit the floor. I don't think Durant is worth all of that. I seriously doubt we get KD without throwing in 2 to 3 picks. Not when they appear to be asking teams for at least that many.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yikes

Now that you put it that way although Ayton was never going to the Nets from all indications.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we give up Cam J, Bridges and the max amount of picks which would be 4 first rounders and 3 swaps? My mouth will hit the floor. I don't think Durant is worth all of that. I seriously doubt we get KD without throwing in 2 to 3 picks. Not when they appear to be asking teams for at least that many.
If the Suns trade Ayton, I think getting a good deal for Durant will be even harder because JJ‘s back will be totally against the wall and in an even worse bargaining position if the Suns actually want to contend.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Malcolm Brogdon hasn't passed his physical yet.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns trade Ayton, I think getting a good deal for Durant will be even harder because JJ‘s back will be totally against the wall and in an even worse bargaining position if the Suns actually want to contend.
There are not enough teams with space now to even include in a direct or 3 way trade for the money Ayton wants. So, I am not sure how much leverage the Suns lose in a trading Ayton now before getting KD. Early on I would have definitely said that was the case.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It appears the Suns didn't want to keep Ayton regardless.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this would seemingly point to the Nets trying to finalize a deal for KD. I mean, if you are not willing to talk about moving another player it seems the Nets bluff about not in any hurry to move KD has been called.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You are only looking at the defensive side of the ball. Have to consider both ends of the court.
People make this claim all the time, but it’s not like Gobert is useless offensively.

This past season Gobert:

- Averaged 1.6pts/game less than ayton
- had an eFG% of .713 compared to Ayton’s .639 - yes Ayton is a more versatile scorer, but not more efficient
- averaged 4.3 FTs/game more than Ayton (6.7 to 2.4)

So other than style, outcome is kind of a wash.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brogdon has to have passed his physical because he was on a Woj podcast 2 hours ago.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s give and take on defense Gobert is a great rim protector but he’s helpless on the perimeter Ayton is the opposite he’s a stud on the perimeter

So he doesn’t player “better” defense just different defense and on offense Ayton is head and shoulders better.
More versatile, but similar to less efficiency. I was surprised to see goberts offensive numbers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People make this claim all the time, but it’s not like Gobert is useless offensively.

This past season Gobert:

- Averaged 1.6pts/game less than ayton
- had an eFG% of .713 compared to Ayton’s .639 - yes Ayton is a more versatile scorer, but not more efficient
- averaged 4.3 FTs/game more than Ayton (6.7 to 2.4)

So other than style, outcome is kind of a wash.
More than 15.6pts/game?

Ayton is 23 and Gobert is 30. I hope you factored that into the equation.