The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But the whole argument was about who generally is better - Booker or Murray? That answer is pretty clear.

But who is better IN THE PLAYOFFS? That answer is pretty clear especially in clutch situations. It helps that Murray has a player like Jokic, whose gravity is off the charts -- and he's had that player for several years. Book has had KD for a single playoff summer.

Did everyone forget that in spite of Booker's egg laying in elimination games, in last seasons playoffs he was putting up historically great numbers for ANY player in the playoffs in NBA history? That's what makes his disappearance all the more disappointing.
It's been the whole season. I don't know what is going on with him but he has disappeared a lot this year, in previous years it seemed like it was just a few games, but this year you just can't seem to rely on him.

It's like he's lost confidence in himself.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I was drowning in my Dallas playoff woes last night and flipped on the Den/LAL game. first I have no idea how Denver came back, but that was one heck of a heavyweight finish. Usually I would cheer against the NBA champion, but the Lebron Lakers are impossible for me to cheer for in any situation.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But the whole argument was about who generally is better - Booker or Murray? That answer is pretty clear.

But who is better IN THE PLAYOFFS? That answer is pretty clear especially in clutch situations. It helps that Murray has a player like Jokic, whose gravity is off the charts -- and he's had that player for several years. Book has had KD for a single playoff summer.

Did everyone forget that in spite of Booker's egg laying in elimination games, in last seasons playoffs he was putting up historically great numbers for ANY player in the playoffs in NBA history? That's what makes his disappearance all the more disappointing.

We really need to stop with the whole he scores a lot of points when it doesn’t matter argument. Players are defunded by how they do in big games and when the game is on the line.

Trust me I used to be right there banging the drum for Booker but what are we now 8-9 years in? It’s pretty clear who he is at this point.

Murray is better at this point. I think he’s better than Mitchell though.

I don’t think he really cares as much as he should

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We really need to stop with the whole he scores a lot of points when it doesn’t matter argument. Players are defunded by how they do in big games and when the game is on the line.

Trust me I used to be right there banging the drum for Booker but what are we now 8-9 years in? It’s pretty clear who he is at this point.

Murray is better at this point. I think he’s better than Mitchell though.

I don’t think he really cares as much as he should
In their careers, Book is statistically better. In the playoffs, they are statistically even. But where Murray excels in the playoffs is in clutch situations.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Will the NBA fine LeBron for his outburst after the game?
He should be fined. he's the biggest name in the sport and should not be doing that in the press. Lebron knows that he needs extra fortune to beat the Nuggets.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Booker is significantly better than Murray.

Murray's biggest advantage is that he plays with the best player in the NBA.
This is the best point I read in the Murray vs. Booker argument that ensued here. Booker is clearly the better player. Clutch opportunities have to be earned. Often we don't even begin to think of the term clutch until there is championship. I go back to the dallas glory days when they had Dirk who was a model of "clutch" yet he didn't fully earn that reputation until they won a title. Dirk paired with Jason Terry who hit so many clutch playoff shots based on the way teams would defend Dirk. No one would ever raise the argument that Jason Terry was a better player than say Steve Nash, because he was more clutch in the playoffs. that's ridiculous.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
book just hit the same game winning shot a couple few months ago except it was a 3 and he was falling out of bounds - you can say it wasn't the playoffs but bubble book was also clutch af - so it is in him - and you can compare him and murray if you really want to but it must be a slow news day

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'll be amazed if the Lakers can make the series competitive. They played as well as they can possibly play for 3 quarters. At one point AD was 12-13 and D Lo was 6-7 on 3's, and Denver still came back and won
Yeah. When you throw what you have and come up short, it's tough.

I know he gets a lot of hate, but what LeBron is doing at age 39 is insane - he's a problem out there, but it just doesn't matter.

Lakers need to sustain that and hope the nuggets fall apart - these items lining up isn't likely.

It is like watching UConn in the tournament - you'd see a team playing really good ball against them and you think you're in for a game ..... Then you look and see that their best is still keeping them down by 4-8 ..... The minute they falter a little, UConn puts it out of reach

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah. When you throw what you have and come up short, it's tough.

I know he gets a lot of hate, but what LeBron is doing at age 39 is insane - he's a problem out there, but it just doesn't matter.

Lakers need to sustain that and hope the nuggets fall apart - these items lining up isn't likely.

It is like watching UConn in the tournament - you'd see a team playing really good ball against them and you think you're in for a game ..... Then you look and see that their best is still keeping them down by 4-8 ..... The minute they falter a little, UConn puts it out of reach
yes what Lebron has done at his age is amazing. it separates him from perhaps all the others. I give Lebron great credit for being a class act off the court in the community. that should never go unrecognized. My criticism of Lebron is that he has childish moments with the press and it portrays him as being immature and petty. Reminds me a lot of Mark Cuban.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the best point I read in the Murray vs. Booker argument that ensued here. Booker is clearly the better player. Clutch opportunities have to be earned. Often we don't even begin to think of the term clutch until there is championship. I go back to the dallas glory days when they had Dirk who was a model of "clutch" yet he didn't fully earn that reputation until they won a title. Dirk paired with Jason Terry who hit so many clutch playoff shots based on the way teams would defend Dirk. No one would ever raise the argument that Jason Terry was a better player than say Steve Nash, because he was more clutch in the playoffs. that's ridiculous.

??? The two players we are comparing are both SG and play the same position....

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
i see book as being in his second chapter now

the first was turning a craptacular team into a spectacular team aka destination through nothing but pure will and i think he did that

but this second chapter comes with it's own learning curve - sharing the court with those equal to you - those who will better than you are on certain nights - those to defer to - started with cp3 but now he's gone and his two new equals just happen to both play the same position as him

what are the odds lol

anyways - better days - and book better have him a better day today - he can be legendary or he can be secondary - this is still his team as far as im concerned

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re talking to someone who brought the absolutely UNHINGED take that Mikal Bridges had more value than Murray WHILE AND AFTER he was awesome as a top tier #2 in the league on the NBA Champions.

Booker is a better overall player, but for anyone to even question who’s a better clutch playoff performer is just someone who refuses to admit they’re wrong about anything.

The question is, literally, that Murray is the better player, not about who has played better in elimination games.

Good lord, you're agreeing with me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the next chapter of Suns fans irrationally trashing their own players...

I suppose the Suns would have won some titles if we had Tony Parker instead of Steve Nash or if Robert Horry were on the roster instead of Barkley.

Oh wait... we wouldn't have been a playoff team.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I wouldn’t say one game is a disappearance! Let’s see how this plays out he may very well become super aggressive now that the refs made it clear they gonna allow a ton of physicality. As long as we get a fair whistle we can still whip Minn like we did all year! Minn can’t be allowed to play physical but us get whistle for the same physicality.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In their careers, Book is statistically better. In the playoffs, they are statistically even. But where Murray excels in the playoffs is in clutch situations.
Easier to do when you got the best player in the world next to you picking apart the other team on a nightly basis! Let’s not kid ourselves out Book in Denver they likely have a few titles! As they probably won the bubble title with Book…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easier to do when you got the best player in the world next to you picking apart the other team on a nightly basis! Let’s not kid ourselves out Book in Denver they likely have a few titles! As they probably won the bubble title with Book…
Lol… no.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You guys are selling murray way short. He has better handles than book and can get his own shot which book just can’t do against high level defenders with consistency. And clutch matters. Clutch wins playoff games. Wins playoff series. Wins championships.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On the next chapter of Suns fans irrationally trashing their own players...

I suppose the Suns would have won some titles if we had Tony Parker instead of Steve Nash or if Robert Horry were on the roster instead of Barkley.

Oh wait... we wouldn't have been a playoff team.
Well now we are just making totally off the charts hyperbolic statements, huh? At least try to be reasonable.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say one game is a disappearance! Let’s see how this plays out he may very well become super aggressive now that the refs made it clear they gonna allow a ton of physicality. As long as we get a fair whistle we can still whip Minn like we did all year! Minn can’t be allowed to play physical but us get whistle for the same physicality.
Oh good lord whining about the refs now?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
You guys are selling murray way short. He has better handles than book and can get his own shot which book just can’t do against high level defenders with consistency. And clutch matters. Clutch wins playoff games. Wins playoff series. Wins championships.
Book is the best suns player. Murray is not the best nuggets player. Clutch only comes into play after a championship is won.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you trade book with Murray the nuggets would be better and the suns would be worse.
No they wouldn’t. Murray has elevated his game literally every playoffs, can get the hole, which draws a defense to make others better and actually makes HUGE clutch shots.

Booker is a one-dimensional scorer. A VERY GOOD one, but apparently one that can get shut down and when that happens, he’s virtually useless.

To be honest, MAYBE they would be better and the Suns would be worse. You now what we DEFINITELY know? Without Murray, Jokic and company went 5-9 without him in the two years he was gone. In the last 3 playoffs with him healthy, they’ve gone 27-9, winning a title, getting to the WCF and up 2-0 again so far this year.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t imagine how good Luka would be if he ever got in shape. He’s already incredible, but if that dude ever committed himself to training, he’s got top 10 all time potential.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
No they wouldn’t. Murray has elevated his game literally every playoffs, can get the hole, which draws a defense to make others better and actually makes HUGE clutch shots.

Booker is a one-dimensional scorer. A VERY GOOD one, but apparently one that can get shut down and when that happens, he’s virtually useless.

To be honest, MAYBE they would be better and the Suns would be worse. You now what we DEFINITELY know? Without Murray, Jokic and company went 5-9 without him in the two years he was gone. In the last 3 playoffs with him healthy, they’ve gone 27-9, winning a title, getting to the WCF and up 2-0 again so far this year.
I edited my comment immediately after I posted that. Not that I don’t believe it to be true, but I thought that it didn’t make sense and would be hard to quantify.