The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
HOLY COW!

Jamal Murray had been awful for 3 quarters, the Nuggz were down by 18 early in the 3rd, then he just TOOK OVER down the stretch and made an insane jumper over AD at the buzzer to win it.

WOW. Booker can take some lessons from Murray on post-season clutch ball and on how to turn a game around when you’ve stunk for the majority of it.

Not to mention Joker taking AD’s soul down the stretch.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We all cheered here screaming for a nuggets win!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s one of the best games I’ve ever seen.

It was extremely exciting. Almost ruined by two leTravels and then foster giving lebron foul shots soon after the timeout he complained to foster.

I hate to say this but that lakers loss felt better than most of our wins all season.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
If Embiid were in his midseason form, this series would be no brainer Philly win. But you have to respect NY, pure effort and will in a total team concept.
WRT the Laker-Nugs game, I hoped for a Laker win just to make it harder for Nugs to advance. If Suns ever get to the 2nd round, they absolutely need someone like Okogie to hunt Murray all time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still chuckle over the ludicrous idea put forth last playoffs that Mikal Bridges’ value blew Murray away and that the Nuggets didn’t really miss him all that much the year that we swept them.

With Murray in 2020, they got to the Conference Finals. Their next two playoffs without Murray they were a combined 5-8, punctuated by an embarrassing sweep at the Suns hands in ‘21 in round 2 and barely competitive 4-1 ass kicking by the Warriors in round 1 in ‘22. Since he’s been back, they crushed the league 16-3 en route to the NBA Title last year and are 2-0 in the playoffs this year to bring that record to 18-3.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Embiid were in his midseason form, this series would be no brainer Philly win. But you have to respect NY, pure effort and will in a total team concept.
WRT the Laker-Nugs game, I hoped for a Laker win just to make it harder for Nugs to advance. If Suns ever get to the 2nd round, they absolutely need someone like Okogie to hunt Murray all time.
Dude… even if this team somehow rollercoasters their way to a series win against Minny, they have no shot to win a series against a legit title team like the Nuggets.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker is significantly better than Murray.

Murray's biggest advantage is that he plays with the best player in the NBA.

No he’s not and it’s really time to face reality.

Murray has that clutch Jean and Booker has proven again again he shrinks in the big moments.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Murray has that clutch Jean and Booker has proven again again he shrinks in the big moments.

Farcical.

Suns are screwed but the notion that Murray is better than Booker is a bunch of emotional and laughable nonsense.

Jokic is the Nuggets, take him out of there and they're nothing. He's what Nash was to the mid 2000s Suns only on an even bigger scale.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Embiid has never been out of the second round. He’s done nothing but come up short in the playoffs. Him being 100% means nothing

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Booker, in 3 elimination games averaged 14ppg -10ppg less than his career average.

Murray in 9 elimination games averages 28ppg or +11ppg more than his career average.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Farcical.

Suns are screwed but the notion that Murray is better than Booker is a bunch of emotional and laughable nonsense.

Jokic is the Nuggets, take him out of there and they're nothing. He's what Nash was to the mid 2000s Suns only on an even bigger scale.

Just like Cheese just pointed out. The Nuggets real legit success come when they have Murray healthy. It’s pretty easy to see.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker, in 3 elimination games averaged 14ppg -10ppg less than his career average.

Murray in 9 elimination games averages 28ppg or +11ppg more than his career average.

Ouch

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the NBA fine LeBron for his outburst after the game?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be amazed if the Lakers can make the series competitive. They played as well as they can possibly play for 3 quarters. At one point AD was 12-13 and D Lo was 6-7 on 3's, and Denver still came back and won

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also has to be said that play in transition where Joker passes ahead and Gordon saves it and then Porter hits a tying 3. Watching that live I thought Joker walked, Gordon fouled, Gordon was out of bounds. But when I watch the replay I think Joker released it before he walked, Gordon was going for effectively a jump ball so had just as much right to the ball as the defender did, and he wasn't actually out of bounds. Absolutely remarkable play by Gordon.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

So? That one stat doesn't prove that Murray is better than Booker. My god, the penchant for Suns fans to hate their own players is getting out of control.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So? That one stat doesn't prove that Murray is better than Booker. My god, the penchant for Suns fans to hate their own players is getting out of control.
It's hard not to when they seem to care so little.

I hate the Lakers but it is obvious that at least Lebron and AD care.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Speaking facts doesn't mean hate.

Jamal Murray is who I wished Devin Booker was

Smh

I used to group Book, Mitchell and Murray together.

Booker is significantly better than Murray.

Murray's biggest advantage is that he plays with the best player in the NBA.

There's clear separation between the three when it matters.

Murray has proven he can make big shots. Book's clutch moment was in the bubble.

Farcical.

Have been watching the games? Murray attacks and finishes, gets back and just doesn't pout about anything. Overall, Murray is more poised, a better finisher and more clutch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking facts doesn't mean hate.

I used to group Book, Mitchell and Murray together.

There's clear separation between the three when it matters.

Murray has proven he can make big shots. Book's clutch moment was in the bubble.

Have been watching the games? Murray attacks and finishes, gets back and just doesn't pout about anything. Overall, Murray is more poised, a better finisher and more clutch.
You’re talking to someone who brought the absolutely UNHINGED take that Mikal Bridges had more value than Murray WHILE AND AFTER he was awesome as a top tier #2 in the league on the NBA Champions.

Booker is a better overall player, but for anyone to even question who’s a better clutch playoff performer is just someone who refuses to admit they’re wrong about anything.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I used to fall for the “Booker is better than murray” argument but it was based on the regular season. When you view them through the playoff lens - what the greats are measured by - it’s tough to land in book’s corner in this argument.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I used to fall for the “Booker is better than murray” argument but it was based on the regular season. When you view them through the playoff lens - what the greats are measured by - it’s tough to land in book’s corner in this argument.
But the whole argument was about who generally is better - Booker or Murray? That answer is pretty clear.

But who is better IN THE PLAYOFFS? That answer is pretty clear especially in clutch situations. It helps that Murray has a player like Jokic, whose gravity is off the charts -- and he's had that player for several years. Book has had KD for a single playoff summer.

Did everyone forget that in spite of Booker's egg laying in elimination games, in last seasons playoffs he was putting up historically great numbers for ANY player in the playoffs in NBA history? That's what makes his disappearance all the more disappointing.