The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they're obviously going to lose but you can see why they like Kuminga and Moody so much.

It's remarkable how many times Luka has gone from the 3 point line to the rim for a dunk against the zone.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still would have lost but if Kerr hadn't challenged that obvious charge by Kuminga he could have challenged the foul where Luka grabbed Wiggins arm and suckered the ref into a foul call.

The good news is with Porter out they found out Kuminga and Moody can contribute 17 and 8 for Kuminga , 10 for Moody.

The bad part the starters were absolutely terrible on defense gotta play better than that

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting defensive numbers confirms what it looks like with Klay. To be fair he gets tougher assignments than Curry or Poole does.

Defensive +- per 100 possessions
Klay -14
Poole -4
Looney -2
Green +8
Wiggs +7
OPJ +5
Curry +4
GP +4

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Few takes from Warriors world.

Jordan Poole is a young Lou Williams, needs to play better defense. reggie Miller called him out on that last night.

Kuminga is now 5th all time in points scored in the playoffs by a player before his 20th birthday. Sort of a meaningless stat since lots of guys that age were just not on playoff teams but interesting.

Lot of criticism of Kerr's subbing back in starters last night when the bench had cut the game to 8. 3:23 when Kuminga cut it to 8 the problem is because he subbed in curry for Lee there they got confused on who was where in the zone and that allowed Luka the drive and dunk from the 3 point line that made it 10 again. Kuminga got the charge Kerr took him out brought in Klay and Wiggins(also took out Moody) and then the zone fell apart they gave up open shots or FT's the rest of the game and lost. Still probably lose but would have been interesting to try and go longer. He also said with Luka in he wanted to get Wiggins in, Luka came in up 17 at 7:23, 4 minutes later they'd cut it to 8 so that didn't make sense.

But I can't really fault Kerr not his fault the starters had no energy on defense.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just think the Warriors did not want to play last night

Combine with the fact that the Mavericks are a good enough team especially at home to make it impossible to sweep them

The NBA screwed up royaly by playing the game last night

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Combine with the fact that the Mavericks are a good enough team especially at home to make it impossible to sweep them

TV partners have a lot of power when it comes to something like this. The league is currently negotiating their next TV contract. They are expecting to more than triple their current 24 billion dollar deal and they aren't going to jeopardize it for an act that, while appropriate, is ultimately meaningless (in that it won't change a thing).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

From what I've read neither team wanted to play. Kerr apparently asked the NBA to postpone and they refused. I read something that said a reporter talking to Gary Payton 2 before the game said he told her the players had even discussed boycotting but decided not to they didn't want to distract from the victims.

There's a point during the pregame on tv where Klay actually had tears in his eyes I think it's during the national anthem.
I don't think they should have played the game. I get why they did, and it gave me a distraction for a few hours but I don't think anybody on the court wanted to be there.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Interesting defensive numbers confirms what it looks like with Klay. To be fair he gets tougher assignments than Curry or Poole does.

Defensive +- per 100 possessions
Klay -14
Poole -4
Looney -2
Green +8
Wiggs +7
OPJ +5
Curry +4
GP +4
Klay has not been good all series on both ends of the floor.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston matches up with GSW better than any team by far. I actually think Boston wins that series in six.
Bad blood too after Kerr accused Smart of dirty play when he dove for a ball and inadvertently hit Steph’s leg, injuring him for a month.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume he's trying to motivate his team but jason Kidd is making an odd point. He said he considers it a big compliment the Warriors are playing so much zone because it means they can't play us one on one right?

I get his point but you know I'm sure I'm not the only one noticing Dallas doubling Steph Curry every time he crosses halfcourt with the ball? I'm not the only guy noticing Dallas sending a second defender sprinting at Curry everytime the Warriors get Luka switched onto him?

yes the Warriors give lots of help on Luka including the zone, and yes it's because Luka is a phenomenal offensive player. It's also IMO mainly when Poole is on the court because the Warriors know he's not a good defender and they're trying to prevent Dallas from exploiting him

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Online twitter guy reporting the NBA warned the Mavs before game 4 that further bench decorum violations would result in "in game technicals not just fines". This is apparently in response to the story that they asked Pinson to change out his white shirt before game 3 and he agreed to but instead just put a white sweatshirt on over it.

I don't get why they're more concerned with the shirt color and Steph passing to Pinson than they are to the actual risk of a player from either team getting hurt by colliding with or stepping on one of the guys who keep standing on the court? Especially since the story clearly says they don't have the authority to order Pinson to change his shirt.

It would be hilarious if Kerr had his entire bench wear shirts the color of the Mavs players.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just great…

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Foster AND Goble on the same crew? UGH!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just great…

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Foster AND Goble on the same crew? UGH!

no Marc Davis though. The guy who called that dunk on Wiggins a charge and Steph and Draymond were all over him and Draymond said "you must be stopped Marc." Davis in that same game called backcourt on Draymond when it wasn't and then gave him a T for arguing(he earned the T).

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets goooo steph and warriors hope end mavs hopes ton :)

Stilll devasted not watchin suns :( sucks lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Porter expected to miss tonight, they think he could play if there's a game 6.

Right now I expect it will be Moody not Lee or Kuminga who gets those minutes. Best defender of the 3 so far in the playoffs.

I think Lee is in the doghouse from the earlier game where he completely lost his mind.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't want to see anymore of Luka's smug face constantly shaking his head when he doesn't get a call, flopping and to see that stupid grin wiped off his face.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph upgraded to probable with a bruised leg from the Luka knee in the last game. To be honest I didn't even know he was listed on the injury report until I read that so I don't think it's a thing. I kind of think Kerr put it on the injury report to make a point to the refs how many times is Luka going to accidentally trip him before you start calling it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If Scott Foster is true to form both Curry and Thompson will each be called for two fouls within the first 6 minutes of the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave