The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
The refs and the league wants Lebron and the Lakers back on top. Comic book stories is big for them. Let's hope they sympathize with league losers and all around laughing stock returning to former glory as well. If they can see past Sarver.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be more mad if I was a Kings fan. Ayton was the obvious pick. It’s easy to question now, but hard to fault the suns for selecting him. But man, how do you not take Doncic #2.

this is a very good point. Man, if the Kings backcourt was Fox/Doncic that would have been nasty.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The refs and the league wants Lebron and the Lakers back on top. Comic book stories is big for them. Let's hope they sympathize with league losers and all around laughing stock returning to former glory as well. If they can see past Sarver.
I don't think the League would ever consider the Suns in the same breath with
the Lakers when it comes to former glory.

Regarding Sarver, look at how the League has not helped the biggest market
in the country return to the level of the Knicks two Championships almost a
half century ago because of a dysfunctional owner.

The Nets will surely not get any help either. It was reported a long time ago
that, if the boroughs of NYC were divided into five cities, Brooklyn would have
been the 3rd most populated city in the country behind L.A. and Chicago.

But despite market size, the Nets have to work for it just like the Clippers.

Return to glory is based upon glitz rather than market size.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine if we had taken markenaan or fox!

We wouldn't have been in position to take Ayton then. That's the sort of silver lining I try to see with the draft mishaps. We could have taken JJJ, who was pretty underwhelming tonight. Had 1 board in 22 minutes before he left.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I'm just happy that they had atleast one good draft pick at all , don't know how many drafts I've watched sarver fail

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We wouldn't have been in position to take Ayton then. That's the sort of silver lining I try to see with the draft mishaps. We could have taken JJJ, who was pretty underwhelming tonight. Had 1 board in 22 minutes before he left.

Depends. I’d take Markkanen and Luka/Trae if you have me the option.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey man, I am hopeful Ayton becomes some combination of Hakeem and David Robinson. Or i would settle for him becoming a healthy Anthony Davis or a KAT who actually cares.

Would you settle for a Brook Lopez who doesn't actually care?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good coaching and defense.

Coaching and defense will win a lot of games but I'm not seeing how they get it done looking at the players in the boxscore. Wish I could see it on televsion to get a feel of the game.

Maybe the Rockets have problems?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harden (29 ), House (10) and Westbrook (10) are the only ones doing anything for the Rockets after three quarters.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
T.J. Warren scored 26 points to lead the Pacers to a win over the Bulls. Btw, Indiana has three guys who are named T.J.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coaching and defense will win a lot of games but I'm not seeing how they get it done looking at the players in the boxscore. Wish I could see it on televsion to get a feel of the game.

Maybe the Rockets have problems?
I agree. I certainly like our roster better. Some unknown players surprise though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should trade Tyler Johnson to them to help complete the set?

Even then they need to find another TJ somewhere. I think it takes five to complete a set.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I certainly like our roster better. Some unknown players surprise though.

Dropping behind 46-14 in the 1st quarter didn't help the Rockets one bit. Harden and Westbrook in the same backcourt seems awkward.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pacers can have Tyler Johnson and Ty Jerome for Oladipo. Somehow I don't think they're that interested in an all TJ starting 5 though.

That's a creative way to get a TJ. I will have to consult with the rules committee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard