The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Westbrook will sit out the game with the Grizzlies due to rest.

Tim MacMahon‏Verified account @espn_macmahon

Source: Russell Westbrook will sit out the Rockets' game in Memphis due to rest. That was the original plan, but coach Mike D'Antoni left the door open to reconsidering after Westbrook played only 26 minutes in Sunday's blowout loss in Miami.

8:50 AM - 4 Nov 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

·
2m

Wizards are moving guard Isaiah Thomas into the starting lineup tonight against Detroit, league sources tell ESPN. He’s averaged 16.3 PPG and 7.3 APG in his first three games. He hasn’t started an NBA game since 2018 with Lakers.

I'm rooting for this young man. Injuries and trades have really set him back his career. Hopefully this is the right opportunity for him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IT gets a lot of hate and I'm not sure why. I've seen Suns fans blame him for Dragic wanting out and then fans of virtually every team he's been on for various reasons that don't really add up. He seems to be a great scapegoat and I don't think that's fair to him. He balled out in Boston and was flipped for a headcase. I wonder if Ainge could do it all over again, would he. I mean, Kyrie ended up not working out for them and apparently he's rubbing people the wrong way in Brooklyn also. IT was hurt when he was dealt but if not for that injury, Boston would have been better off to keep him than gamble on Kyrie. Kyrie almost tore the locker room apart before he left while IT led them back to the playoffs.

IT has a great opportunity in Washington this year with Wall being out for the entire season. He can re-establish himself and hopefully earn a payday of some sort. He went from being a near max All-Star to a guy who struggled to get a minimum deal with a defined role in 2 years. He was like 4th in MVP voting in his last year in Boston and helped recruit Hayward before being shipped out. He's had enough bad luck for one career, already.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors beat Trail Blazers tonight 127-118.

Second round draft pick Eric Paschall with 36 points and 13 rebounds.

He played well against the Suns too.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Warriors beat Trail Blazers tonight 127-118.

Second round draft pick Eric Paschall with 36 points and 13 rebounds.

He played well against the Suns too.
Ya there are alot of rookies ballin right now, remember when people said this was going to be a weak draft

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Ya there are alot of rookies ballin right now, remember when people said this was going to be a weak draft
Well some of the deepest drafts turn into, stellar drafts in the long run. It’s too early to say this draft in one of those, but it’s looking that way.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m not sure why Ayton gets so much flak. He is still one of the best young bigs in the league. Ayton is better then 95% of the bigs right now with a year of bad coaching and development under his belt. Think of a year of Williams coaching him. He may not live up to being the messiah, but he barring injury he will be a top five big for the foreseeable future.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, there are some surprises after the first couple of picks. I thought it was a deep draft if not a star laden draft. Eric Paschall seems to be one of them in the second round. I wish the Suns were better at spotting these gems.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah, there are some surprises after the first couple of picks. I thought it was a deep draft if not a star laden draft. Eric Paschall seems to be one of them in the second round. I wish the Suns were better at spotting these gems.
Maybe the sun's can steal away the head of scouting department for Miami

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the sun's can steal away the head of scouting department for Miami

Or maybe the Suns need to devote more time to scouting. Suns used to be good at finding talent later in the first round and even found Dragic in the second round. They need to invest resources in scouting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Spotting them is big, for sure, but I think opportunity plays a big role in things as well. Where else is Paschall getting the shot he is in Golden State? All to win their first home game of the season. I'm sure some middle of the road teams looked at the occasional Suns boxscore and wished they had drafted someone who had a great game here, other than Booker.

Also we did steal Willie Green away from Golden State. He was the head of their player development, I believe. So that's a definite plus going forward. I think you can see some hope with our youngsters, whether we drafted them or not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spotting them is big, for sure, but I think opportunity plays a big role in things as well. Where else is Paschall getting the shot he is in Golden State? All to win their first home game of the season. I'm sure some middle of the road teams looked at the occasional Suns boxscore and wished they had drafted someone who had a great game here, other than Booker.

Also we did steal Willie Green away from Golden State. He was the head of their player development, I believe. So that's a definite plus going forward. I think you can see some hope with our youngsters, whether we drafted them or not.

Playing time plays a role for sure but Paschall seems to have the talent. Some of these players are not discovered until they play for a couple of teams or return from Europe. So far most of the players leaving the Suns have not exploded. It makes me think the Suns could do a better job of scouting.

Willie Green should help the Suns scouting for sure.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know, I knew Hero was the best pick at 11 - but i also knew he is very similar to booker and I wasn't sure how he would fit on the team.

I guess it still would have made sense to take him, even as a trade asset.

I heard today Nunn was on the warriors G-league team, but they had no room on their roster last year, so they lost him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Man I wish we would have taken Devonte' Graham over Okobo. That dude is tearing it up for Charlotte. I was a big fan of him going into that draft too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson