OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images attach

I'd like to have a list of unhealthy players. Wondering if Paul George will be on that list.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some interesting discussion with Amare. Yeah, the Suns blew it by not extending Joe Johnson. I'm not sure about their math though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
SPEAK THE TRUTH STAT!!!!!

That Joe Johnson contract was the turning point for EVERYTHING. Q lost big in that deal also.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
SPEAK THE TRUTH STAT!!!!!

That Joe Johnson contract was the turning point for EVERYTHING. Q lost big in that deal also.

Not sure why Q is complaining. He got his money thanks to the Suns overpaying him. They gave him the exact deal they wouldn’t give JJ who was younger and had a higher ceiling.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, Andre Drummond - natural career progression or contract year? I'm not sure but I'd hate to be the team that gives him a huge max deal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why Q is complaining. He got his money thanks to the Suns overpaying him. They gave him the exact deal they wouldn’t give JJ who was younger and had a higher ceiling.

also, Q is smoking crack if he thinks it was a 6 year 36 million dollar contract.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He wasn't really overpaid. It's likely he would have signed for similar cash elsewhere. After a year here and establishing the Suns as contenders though he was shipped off to the lowly Knicks, who were headed nowhere fast. That was early in the Isiah Thomas run as GM of the Knicks and they were awful without help on the horizon since their salary was roughly 3 times the cap with a moron running the show.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't really overpaid. It's likely he would have signed for similar cash elsewhere. After a year here and establishing the Suns as contenders though he was shipped off to the lowly Knicks, who were headed nowhere fast. That was early in the Isiah Thomas run as GM of the Knicks and they were awful without help on the horizon since their salary was roughly 3 times the cap with a moron running the show.

He was shipped off for a reason though, he was killing the flow of Dantoni's offense. After his back injury he lost confidence in his 3 point shot. Far too often he'd forego the 3, take a step forward and then either settle for a low value shot or he'd pass it back to Nash forcing him to reset the offense with much of the shot clock gone. He was great for us, and then he wasn't.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. I know. I was convinced the Suns had traded for him on draft day 2018 until reality sunk in.

I find it interesting he's playing better now that he's been moved off the ball, playing as a SG in OKC. I think his future is as a combo guard rather than a PG or SG, sort of like a Malcolm Brogdan type. I didn't see this coming from him. I thought he was more in the Michael Carter-Williams mold than Brogdan. He's a much better athlete and shooter than MCW and he has much better court vision than Brogdan.

Right now it looks like he'll be the best piece to be had from the Westbrook/PG-13 deals. I know they got a ton of picks headed their way but I think they'll have better luck trading them for something rather than cashing in. They have too many and they'll be mid to late 1st's for the most part.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson