The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
telling ya... push Biden out of the way and run Silver for Pres!

Yeah, Silver knows how to run a league but he's never met a Mitch McConnell.

The NBA owners working relationship with the NBPA players is a case study of what cooperation can do.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
After posting 53 to beat the Sixers, T.J. Warren just put up 36 and 14 while neutralizing Hachimura to carry the Pacers over the Wizards.

James Jones totally botched that one...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Memphis is making sure that there is a play-in for the last spot in the west and they may not be a part of it.

Yeah, they've lost four in a row. I wish the Suns had a better chance of making the 9th spot.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers Jazz

Conley can’t even guard Waiters, glad we didn’t end up with him

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Spurs lost.. everything is coming together!
Seriously, literally every single game has gone the way we need it to. Crazy stuff.

Good thing too, because if the clippers bring their C game or above that is a hard get, a little buffer is nice.

Really sucks about Isaac blowing his knee out. Guy came back from a knee injury, less severe than Kelly’s, tears his acl, now he will likely miss all of next year too. Hard to picture Oubre taking much risk after seeing that disaster.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
$100 on the Suns to win it all at the beginning of all this would have made you a millionaire if they do it.

Kinda fair.

For the Suns to even make the post season we need the teams ahead of us to lose just about any time those teams are not facing eachother. On top of that, we will almost certainly be the 9th "seed" and therefore need to crank off back to back wins against the 8th "seed" to make the playoffs. And then you're looking at the odds of an 8th seed winning the title, something which has never come close to happening, I doubt a team with a losing regular season record has even made the semifinals.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda fair.

For the Suns to even make the post season we need the teams ahead of us to lose just about any time those teams are not facing eachother. On top of that, we will almost certainly be the 9th "seed" and therefore need to crank off back to back wins against the 8th "seed" to make the playoffs. And then you're looking at the odds of an 8th seed winning the title, something which has never come close to happening, I doubt a team with a losing regular season record has even made the semifinals.

So many things would have to go right for the Suns to even make the playoffs I don't allow myself to seriously entertain it. I watch the race but it's more like a fantasy.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Despite everything going right, we're still in the 13th spot. The winning percentages inch closer and closer.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda fair.

Although I agree with your point, the Suns have made this last sentence incorrect. We lost to a sub .500 Cotton coached KC Kings team who then lost the conference finals to the 40-42 Rockets. That team was coached by Del Harris and had at least three eventual Head Coaches on their roster (Dunleavy, Calvin Murphy and Tomjanovich) not to mention Moses Malone in the middle.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
And then you're looking at the odds of an 8th seed winning the title, something which has never come close to happening, I doubt a team with a losing regular season record has even made the semifinals.

The Knicks made the Finals in 1999 as an 8th seed, after going 27-23 in the regular season. But you're certainly correct that this year's Suns are not title contenders.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another 32 for Warren today. Dude is going freaking nuts in the bubble.