Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only an ankle sprain for Goran Dragic.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like there won't be a second bubble for those 8 teams that didn't go to Florida. Chances are there won't be any sort of minicamp for them either, based on this.

I'm very grateful the Suns are in the bubble now. Their trip should help them a lot next season. Got to give Sarver a little bit of credit for being one of the more outspoken voices about getting as many teams as possible in the bubble as well.

Having a break from late March through the proposed start in December would be too much. It'll be hard for those bad teams to show improvement next season. It'll almost be like they went through a lockdown situation while the rest of the league was able to play meaningful basketball and widen the gap as far as the good and bad.

https://sports.yahoo.com/second-nba...happening-chicago-dwayne-casey-232546972.html

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like there won't be a second bubble for those 8 teams that didn't go to Florida. Chances are there won't be any sort of minicamp for them either, based on this.

I'm very grateful the Suns are in the bubble now. Their trip should help them a lot next season. Got to give Sarver a little bit of credit for being one of the more outspoken voices about getting as many teams as possible in the bubble as well.

Having a break from late March through the proposed start in December would be too much. It'll be hard for those bad teams to show improvement next season. It'll almost be like they went through a lockdown situation while the rest of the league was able to play meaningful basketball and widen the gap as far as the good and bad.

https://sports.yahoo.com/second-nba...happening-chicago-dwayne-casey-232546972.html

I saw that. It's gives the Suns one last chance to look at their roster for next season especially Saric and to see Payne in game action.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw that. It's gives the Suns one last chance to look at their roster for next season especially Saric and to see Payne in game action.

And build some chemistry. That is one reason I'm glad Kelly went, whether he plays or not. Him being there is important. This is almost like Summer League for the pro's and Kelly being there with everyone helps keep him in the mix.

Someone could become an outsider by not being present for this experience. They aren't just playing games but living together in a dorm sort of environment.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And build some chemistry. That is one reason I'm glad Kelly went, whether he plays or not. Him being there is important. This is almost like Summer League for the pro's and Kelly being there with everyone helps keep him in the mix.

Someone could become an outsider by not being present for this experience. They aren't just playing games but living together in a dorm sort of environment.

It's great everyone is there and also having Kelly there from the beginning. I've heard he is great motivator on the bench. It's definitely given me a clearer idea who should be on the team next season. Suns definitely need some players that can protect the rim and a scoring combo guard would be excellent.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crossing fingers and whatever for good luck but as of August 5th, 2020, no players in NBA bubble has tested positive.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's great everyone is there and also having Kelly there from the beginning. I've heard he is great motivator on the bench. It's definitely given me a clearer idea who should be on the team next season. Suns definitely need some players that can protect the rim and a scoring combo guard would be excellent.

I hope Booker is working on recruiting in the bubble. They're sharing a hotel with the Wizards, Spurs, Pelicans, Blazers, and Kings. I think it'll be interesting to see how player movement this offseason can be linked to the bubble. I would think there are a few guys recruiting in their hotel bubble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Booker is working on recruiting in the bubble. They're sharing a hotel with the Wizards, Spurs, Pelicans, Blazers, and Kings. I think it'll be interesting to see how player movement this offseason can be linked to the bubble. I would think there are a few guys recruiting in their hotel bubble.

That's kind of a hot potato with all the bubble teams gathered in one place but I know what you mean.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did the Nets beat the Bucks on Tuesday?

Levert didn't even play for the Nets.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did the Nets beat the Bucks on Tuesday?

Levert didn't even play for the Nets.

The Bucks are basically the LeBron Cavs 2004-2010. One AMAZING player with a bunch of role players around him, and a couple solid players like Bledsoe and Middleton who don’t come close to living up to their contracts which pays them like stars and will prevent Giannis from every getting a REAL star next to him.

I think they chose wrong valuing Middleton over Brogdon. That was the second banana who makes a difference at both ends. Middleton can be neutralized.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks are basically the LeBron Cavs 2004-2010. One AMAZING player with a bunch of role players around him, and a couple solid players like Bledsoe and Middleton who don’t come close to living up to their contracts which pays them like stars and will prevent Giannis from every getting a REAL star next to him.

I think they chose wrong valuing Middleton over Brogdon. That was the second banana who makes a difference at both ends. Middleton can be neutralized.

It's puzzling. I like Middleton but the Bucks need a second star. They have a lot of money tied up in payroll so they may have to give up assets to lighten the load next season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They chose to pay Bledsoe instead of Brogdon, which is worse than choosing Middleton. Middleton is a 3rd banana who tries be a 2nd. Bledsoe has reached his sell by date and will only regress from this point forward. When Rozier had his way against him in the playoffs a couple years ago that should have let Milwaukee know that going with Brogdon was the smarter play.

I do look forward to seeing Brogdon and Oladipo healthy in Indiana. They should make for quite the dynamic backcourt to build around.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They chose to pay Bledsoe instead of Brogdon, which is worse than choosing Middleton. Middleton is a 3rd banana who tries be a 2nd. Bledsoe has reached his sell by date and will only regress from this point forward. When Rozier had his way against him in the playoffs a couple years ago that should have let Milwaukee know that going with Brogdon was the smarter play.

I do look forward to seeing Brogdon and Oladipo healthy in Indiana. They should make for quite the dynamic backcourt to build around.

Indiana has done a really nice job of building for the future while never having a really high draft pick. They could turn into that consummate TEAM contender like Detroit was back in the mid 2000s.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That analogy is perfect.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Indiana has done a really nice job of building for the future while never having a really high draft pick. They could turn into that consummate TEAM contender like Detroit was back in the mid 2000s.
They have made some really opportunistic trades taking advantage of other teams' poor choices and letting the deals come to them.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson