The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker beat Ayton pretty bad so now he's the NBA's 2k champ. Good to see the Suns win something, even if it is a video game tournament.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Shouldn't Devin's banner go over a Suns championship banner, instead of one of the Mercury's three?

Oh, the Suns don't ... have ... a ... league ... championship ... banner. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope Booker and Ayton's chemistry in the game carries over to the court. I would think the mental part of the game might have some carryover.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Feel for KAT right now. I know it was mentioned in another thread about how his mom was in a medically induced coma due to complications from COVID-19 and unfortunately she has passed away now.

Feel for Booker also. I know he spoke highly of KAT's parents and about how he was trying to be there for Towns even though he's stuck in Phoenix.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a sad situation for sure with Karl-Anthony Towns and family. So sorry to hear about it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another loss, this time for the Trail Blazers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Feel for KAT right now. I know it was mentioned in another thread about how his mom was in a medically induced coma due to complications from COVID-19 and unfortunately she has passed away now.

Feel for Booker also. I know he spoke highly of KAT's parents and about how he was trying to be there for Towns even though he's stuck in Phoenix.
That sucks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

True interior power forwards are a dying breed...

Not because they don't exist, but because the modern game has made them useless. The Knicks strategy of loading up on interior players created an offense that looked like a clogged toilet, now they are desperate to flush.

I wouldn't take Randle for free, he would fix none of our issues.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True interior power forwards are a dying breed...

Not because they don't exist, but because the modern game has made them useless. The Knicks strategy of loading up on interior players created an offense that looked like a clogged toilet, now they are desperate to flush.

I wouldn't take Randle for free, he would fix none of our issues.

I think if Randle could not be the focus of the offense then he'd be a solid pick up, which he be the #4/5 option in a suns starting lineup. If he can add a consistent mid range jumper then he could be solid pick up. Randle making he decisions on offense isn't a good thing as well as him jacking up 3pt shots, which has had more of a chance to do while in NY.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think if Randle could not be the focus of the offense then he'd be a solid pick up, which he be the #4/5 option in a suns starting lineup. If he can add a consistent mid range jumper then he could be solid pick up. Randle making he decisions on offense isn't a good thing as well as him jacking up 3pt shots, which has had more of a chance to do while in NY.

He is an interior big, Ayton is an interior big... 2 interior bigs on the court at the same time is a recipe for disaster. It isn't about priority in the offense, it is about spacing and shooting. Mid range doesn't help, in fact, most teams do everything they can to avoid taking mid range shots. Either get to the rim (which is hard with 2 big men clogging the paint) or shoot from 3, those are the ways winning teams score.

Barring some rule changes by the league, the 1990s and 1980s style offenses won't be coming back, at least not by any team with hopes of success.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is an interior big, Ayton is an interior big... 2 interior bigs on the court at the same time is a recipe for disaster. It isn't about priority in the offense, it is about spacing and shooting. Mid range doesn't help, in fact, most teams do everything they can to avoid taking mid range shots. Either get to the rim (which is hard with 2 big men clogging the paint) or shoot from 3, those are the ways winning teams score.

Barring some rule changes by the league, the 1990s and 1980s style offenses won't be coming back, at least not by any team with hopes of success.

I'd make room for Montrezl Harrell.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker donates $100,000 prize for winning the NBA 2K players tournament as follows:

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Devin Booker's $100,000 prize (to donate to the coronavirus relief efforts of his choice) for winning the NBA 2K players tournament will be split between #FirstRespondersFirst and Arizona Food Bank Network.

10:16 AM - 15 Apr 2020

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd make room for Montrezl Harrell.

A lineup with Ayton and Harrell on the court at the same time will almost certainly suck out loud on offense.

The Suns best looks this year featured Oubre and Bridges as the fowards.

Harrell was most often paired with JaMychal Green in the front court, Green almost exclusively shoots from the outside.

Having 2 guys on the court who are zero threat from distance at the same time is a recipe for failure.

I hope that the Suns are not at all interested in investing in a traditional power forward. With Ayton on the court we don't need one. We need better spacing and athleticism.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave