The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver climbs back in series to narrow it to 3-2.

Nuggets beat Jazz 117 - 107.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clippers locked-in during 1st quarter and lead Mavericks 41-22.

Series tied 2-2.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka's ankle does not look 100%. He is not able to finish plays like he normally does.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clippers lead Mavericks at halftime 76-52.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That's exactly right. One thing nobody talked about before the draft was his size. People didn't realize just how big he is. He dropped some fat, added some muscle, and he is even stronger now, yet most people still don't realize that he has a body of a legitimate power forward.

I think back to Harden at ASU having some junk in the trunk. Now the guy is a human tank. If Luka had 75% of Harden’s foot speed he’d be like 6’8” Steve Nash.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clippers lead 111-86 after 3rd quarter.

It felt like the longest quarter I can remember.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers look like the team we expected to see in the playoffs tonight.

More importantly for the Clippers, Paul George (12-18), looks like he is back in form with 35 points.

Clippers beat Mavericks tonight 154 - 111 and lead series 3-2.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
No Luka magic tonight that was an @$$ whopping. Dallas just isn't that good , it's all Luka kind of like the early days with LeBron and the Cavs

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow horrible ref job at beginning of the game. Kahwi used is arms to elbow, shove and create space but ends up getting the and1. Then Luka hasn't been getting the continuation calls like he has been.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Van Vleet is not the only player who is talking about a possible boycott due to the shooting in Wisconsin and still no arrest in the Breonna Taylor murder. There's talk that players have been involved in high level discussions about a possible player walkoff.

Not sure what that looks like, do they wait until the finals, do they literally walk off in the middle of a game or just refuse to start the game. Is it a short protest and then they play, or do they refuse to play at all isn't clear.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Van Vleet is not the only player who is talking about a possible boycott due to the shooting in Wisconsin and still no arrest in the Breonna Taylor murder. There's talk that players have been involved in high level discussions about a possible player walkoff.

Not sure what that looks like, do they wait until the finals, do they literally walk off in the middle of a game or just refuse to start the game. Is it a short protest and then they play, or do they refuse to play at all isn't clear.

Yep sounds like there's a potential plan in place. Van Vleet, Marcus Smart, Norman Powell and others have all said they are discussing options including boycotting games, Powell was quoted as saying "taking a knee is not enough anymore."

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yep sounds like there's a potential plan in place. Van Vleet, Marcus Smart, Norman Powell and others have all said they are discussing options including boycotting games, Powell was quoted as saying "taking a knee is not enough anymore."
It's a Catch-22. I get why they want to do it, I just don't think it will do anything except make things worse. What do they think boycotting games would accomplish?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a Catch-22. I get why they want to do it, I just don't think it will do anything except make things worse. What do they think boycotting games would accomplish?

Yeah I think they feel it's really the only leverage they have at this point.

I don't know what it would accomplish beyond making people talk about it again. I think people have already sort of forgotten that whole thing they're just focusing on the games.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the Pacers expected to go further with Sabonis out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I really don’t get that. I mean at there absolute best I see them as a second round team nothing more.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptors appear to be for making a stand.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears the Celtics as well could make a statement.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears to be the Celtics as well.

I won’t blame them one bit if they walk. The country at large has seemed to “get over” George Floyd... yet Black men are still being killed by cops on camera. The players were afraid playing ball would be part of the distraction away from the movement and I think their fears are coming to fruition.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won’t blame them one bit if they walk. The country at large has seemed to “get over” George Floyd... yet Black men are still being killed by cops on camera. The players were afraid playing ball would be part of the distraction away from the movement and I think their fears are coming to fruition.

Minnesota took a step in the right direction passing the police reform bill but there needs to be national leadership.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the Pacers expected to go further with Sabonis out.

I really don’t get that. I mean at there absolute best I see them as a second round team nothing more.

during the game, Chris Weber was talking about some adjustments that needed to be made and wondered why McM didn't make any at all and was a bit perplexed. I think it was game 3.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson