The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both Morris twins signed with Klutch Sports, because... of course.

We really got out from their contracts at the right time. While both could be productive neither are that good and surely they won't be worth their asking price next offseason. I wonder if they'll try taking a discount to play together somewhere again though, or if Rich Paul would even let them try do that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We really got out from their contracts at the right time. While both could be productive neither are that good and surely they won't be worth their asking price next offseason. I wonder if they'll try taking a discount to play together somewhere again though, or if Rich Paul would even let them try do that.
Any GM that does that is fool.

Magic? Lakers, here we come. Can you imagine that? The Morris twins on that squad.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any GM that does that is fool.

Magic? Lakers, here we come. Can you imagine that? The Morris twins on that squad.

With the squad the Lakers have assembled this year the Morris brothers would seem like good fits. I hope to see it happen only so I can laugh at another team.

Errntknght

Reaction score
With the squad the Lakers have assembled this year the Morris brothers would seem like good fits. I hope to see it happen only so I can laugh at another team.

Las Vegas says you won't be laughing much - they've pegged the Lakers over-under at 48.5 games, while rating us at 28.5

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Las Vegas says you won't be laughing much - they've pegged the Lakers over-under at 48.5 games, while rating us at 28.5

I expect us to comfortably beat the other but I'd be very surprised if the Lakers weren't well above us.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That actually sounds like a good way to bet, really. Bet the over on the Suns and under on the Lakers. I would think you're winning one. As a Suns fan, if I don't make money out of it, I'll be ok. If I can hit on both though I'd be extremely happy. Headed to Vegas at the end of August so I hope the line doesn't change much.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zhaire Smith with a foot injury. The curse of the Sixer rookies continues.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250923/Zhaire-Smith-Suffers-Foot-Injury

Smith--foot, unknown
Fultz--shoulder, lost the year
Simmons--foot, lost year
Okafor--meniscus, lost months, remainder of year
Embiid--back, foot, lost two years.
Noel--knee surgery, lost year

Yeah, I don't see how all those name get tied to a curse unless you're talking about the curse of drafting an injured player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see how all those name get tied to a curse unless you're talking about the curse of drafting an injured player.
Eh did smith, Okafor or Simmons come with any injury concerns? I don’t recall any with them.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh did smith, Okafor or Simmons come with any injury concerns? I don’t recall any with them.

Not that I'm aware of. I was just questioning the inclusion of Noel, Embiid and perhaps even Fultz in "the curse". As I said, not "all" of them fit.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rockets have officially signed Carmelo now. They're apparently working on a deal with Atlanta for Kent Bazemore for Ryan Anderson. For some reason Atlanta is fine with taking Anderson's contract back in return but they want a young player and a pick in addition to him. That will help Houston make up for the loss of Ariza and Mbah a Moute but Bazemore is being paid around $19 million a year for this season and next, so it's comparable to Anderson's contract. Surprised Atlanta is ok with taking another salary dump like that though. They already took on Melo's deal and managed to get out from under Schroeder's deal in the process but it doesn't seem they care about even looking competitive right now. We'll see if that deal goes anywhere though.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...re-milwaukee-bucks/1etphk1iokhg917ka8iqte99zz

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would like to see them with the Big Baller brand! And travel to China! Maybe shoplift while there......

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knicks will likely end up stretching Noah's contract.

Assuming general manager Scott Perry continues to be unable to find a trade that includes Noah, the Knicks will use the NBA's waive-and-stretch provision to release Noah sometime after September 1, league sources said.

Noah, 33, has two years and $37.8M left on his contract, and waiting until September to stretch it allows the Knicks to spread the balance of his remaining contract into smaller cap hits over the next two years.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24323522/new-york-knicks-david-fizdale-plan-part-joakim-noah

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He mentions his time in Phoenix. I am not sure who he is referring to “that got mad at him for messing things up?”

I think the fans were mad at the GM, not at IT.

I was trying to figure that out also. It could have meant a few things though. He played great off the bench and upset the chemistry of the team and I think fans blamed him for Dragic wanting out but I would be surprised if McD did. With how open McD was about Dragic at that time, if he wanted to throw in a jab at IT I think he would have.

Was there anything said by Sarver or Hornacek about IT upsetting Dragic? McD might have even said something in that regard, that Dragic didn't like playing with IT so they tried trading him but Dragic didn't care at that point. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Hornacek had problems with IT considering the issues he's had with a number of players since then. Whatever IT means by that, I don't believe what he's talking about became public. That period was such an ugly week for the Suns though, I can't remember.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was trying to figure that out also. It could have meant a few things though. He played great off the bench and upset the chemistry of the team and I think fans blamed him for Dragic wanting out but I would be surprised if McD did. With how open McD was about Dragic at that time, if he wanted to throw in a jab at IT I think he would have.

Was there anything said by Sarver or Hornacek about IT upsetting Dragic? McD might have even said something in that regard, that Dragic didn't like playing with IT so they tried trading him but Dragic didn't care at that point. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Hornacek had problems with IT considering the issues he's had with a number of players since then. Whatever IT means by that, I don't believe what he's talking about became public. That period was such an ugly week for the Suns though, I can't remember.
This article is the only thing I could find. In this article Ryan McDonough calls the IT trade a mistake.
So like you said there was probably something going on behind the scenees with the coaches and team.
Suns GM McDonough: Trading Isaiah Thomas was a mistake
https://www.si.com/nba/2016/02/25/phoenix-suns-isaiah-thomas-trade-mistake-ryan-mcdonough

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thomas later apologized for the comments, claiming he didn’t mean what he said. “I shouldn’t have said that. That was my fault. Cleveland was actually cool, it was all right,” Thomas said. “The situation just wasn’t the best. I apologize for saying it was a s—h—. It wasn’t a s—h—. The team was dope, the players was filthy. My guy Gio. Training staff was cold. “Nah, Cleveland was cool. I shouldn’t have said that, that was my bad. I was just talking on IG Live, I didn’t think it was gonna get to where they’re posting it. It’s like damn, my bad.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/08/nuggets-isaiah-thomas-blasts-s-hole-cleveland-issues-apology/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard