The 2010-11 Miami Heat Thread

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, i could care less if they lose in the Finals (actually, that's not true. I'll win 250 bones if they win), I just think it's high comedy that Laker fans talk **** all season long (and I mean REALLY stupid **** like Miami wouldn't even make the Conference Finals) and then hide under a rock when they look like fools.

I know which Lakers fan you are talking about but I do have to say I think things would have been different had Boston not messed with their roster by trading Perkins. That was just dumb, IMHO. Not that it pains me to see the Celtics lose. Just saying that was a huge turning point in the season and one that eventually cost them in their matchup with the Heat.

I don't see making an early season prediction of the big three not working out this season as stupid...it's just a person's prediction.

but this should be a hell of a Finals. Uber-Super stars, all in their prime, all going for their first title. Should be awesome basketball.

DWade already has a title. Unless you weren't counting him...or you were counting the big three as one group going for their first title... :shrug:

Haslem and House also have rings, but they're not "uber-super stars."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know which Lakers fan you are talking about but I do have to say I think things would have been different had Boston not messed with their roster by trading Perkins. That was just dumb, IMHO.

It was definitely DUMB, but to be honest, I don't know how much of a difference that makes in the long run either. Perkins wasn't at full strength this season anyway and the Celtics decided to load on chronically injured players to back him up. That plan was destined to fail... not to mention that KG just ain't what he used to be. And they beat that team with relative ease. 5 games, the first two by more than 10 points each... that series wasn't really all that close. In the last two wins, the Heat could coast all game long and when they needed to turn on the jets, they did.

Not that it pains me to see the Celtics lose. Just saying that was a huge turning point in the season and one that eventually cost them in their matchup with the Heat.

their bigger problem was depending on a troika of Shaq/Perkins/O'Neal in some way shape or form. Shaq and Jermaine are never healthy and Perk isn't going to be Perk until next year. That's not to say he wouldn't have helped them against Miami. He would have. But I still think the cream rises to the top in that series.

I don't see making an early season prediction of the big three not working out this season as stupid...it's just a person's prediction.

I do... just the same as when people said the Celtics Big 3 wouldn't win the East or the title. When you have that much talent and they're all young, it would have taken a miracle for them to have not AT LEAST gotten to the Conference Finals, much less the Finals. The East, while much better than it has been was in a state of flux, much like the rest of the league this year. Orlando blew it's wad the last two seasons, Chicago is young and missing a big piece and the Celtics were just too damn old and brittle. Meanwhile, you had the Heat, with three of the the best players in the league (not to mention it's best) and hadn't even lost Haslem and Miller yet and people were still writing them off. Seemed dumb to me then, just as it does now.

DWade already has a title. Unless you weren't counting him...or you were counting the big three as one group going for their first title... :shrug:

Haslem and House also have rings, but they're not "uber-super stars."

big 3 going for their first... and really LeBron v. Dirk. Those are the biggest of the big time players in the playoffs at this point.

and is it just me, or does anyone else think Wade is slightly over-rated? Dude was electric his first four or five years in the league, but the beatings he took during that time seem to have already started to take their toll on him.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is high comedy. That being said, the Heat will NOT win the 2010-2011 NBA Championship.

Here's for hoping.

LBJ the King..

Far from.

I am ALL ABOUT the Mavs in the finals. Would love to see Dirk and Marion get a ring. I love D Wade, but I dislike Lebron more.

And, Chad, I love you TONS, but your "hometown" rule is officially overruled. You root for U of A, which is cool, but not your local team. You been cheering the Heat since the beginning and WAY more than the Suns at that.

Anyway, you know I'm your girl. Don't hate if you can help it. Love you. :)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. Boring team does better than I thought they would. Big whoop.

And cheesey for geesey, it was about matchups - they found something that slowed down Rose, just like the Bulls slowed Magic down with Scottie back in 91.

Bosh has been surprisingly good in the playoffs, and imo is the reason why they haven't flamed out yet.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's for hoping.

Far from.

I am ALL ABOUT the Mavs in the finals. Would love to see Dirk and Marion get a ring. I love D Wade, but I dislike Lebron more.

And, Chad, I love you TONS, but your "hometown" rule is officially overruled. You root for U of A, which is cool, but not your local team. You been cheering the Heat since the beginning and WAY more than the Suns at that.

Anyway, you know I'm your girl. Don't hate if you can help it. Love you. :)

But see this is why I am a Heat fan..

LeBron is the anti Stern.. Him, Wade and Bosh exposed a flaw in Sterns NBA.. And it will make Stern either address it or have him royally destroy the NBA.. LeBron and them boys pushed the envelope.. We'll see if this can help the Suns and the NBA..

Plus LeBron is the total opposite of Kobe.. He hasnt had one smudge to his name off the court.. I have always loved LeBrons game.. And he is blossoming right now.. Somewhere right now Kobe is sitting with a thumb up his ass pouting..

My UofA boy Bibby is on the Heat..

Lakers fans hate the Heat and the Big 3.. So its only natural I root for the Heat.. As they should.. LeBron, Wade and Bosh came together and are a real threat to Sterns placing good players in the cities he wants..

You cant have Heat with a Sun..

I never thought in my life I would ever have a second team in any sport, but I do.. And it is the Heat for those reasons I stated.. Once this team is broken up I wont be a fan no more, because they important for so many reasons other than just the actual game on the court... Or until Sarver sells the team to someone competent, Stern starts playing straight or for some strange reason Sarver sees the light of day and magically figures out how to own a team (he will need Sterns blessing though)..

Go Heat! I am dumbfounded how people can hate the Heat if you love watching the NBA.. Unless of course your a Lakers, Celtics, Spurs etc fan that benefits from Sterns rule..

Luv Ya too JerseyGirl.. :p

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LeBron is the anti Stern.. Him, Wade and Bosh exposed a flaw in Sterns NBA.. And it will make Stern either address it or have him royally destroy the NBA.. LeBron and them boys pushed the envelope.. We'll see if this can help the Suns and the NBA..

Cuban had much more of an issue with the Big 3 going to Miami than Stern.

James, Wade and Bosh all decided last week to play together in Miami, working out six-year deals after talking with each other at times throughout the free-agent process. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said Sunday he wanted the NBA to examine how all three joined the same team.

But in the Monday meeting of the league's Board of Governors, no formal complaints were levied, Stern said.

"Our players, having negotiated for the right to be free agents at some point in their career, are totally within their rights to seek employment with any other team," Stern said. "That's something we agreed to. That's something we embrace. That's our system."

Stern said he believes it is fair to punish owners for tampering but not players for colluding.

"They don't collude, they just sort of talk about how nice it is to be able to play together and they're allowed to do that," Stern said. "There's nothing wrong with it. That's just the way it is."

I really don't think Stern cares at all. Like most league executives, as long as his pockets are filled they don't care that much except for anything that makes the league look bad. A superstar team in a city like Miami doesn't make the league look bad at all, IMHO.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 1 tomorrow.. Heat havent lost at home in the playoffs yet.. We'll see how that holds up..

GO HEAT!!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Heat in 5! Been enjoying this run up close and personal and actually had tix to Game 1 but have more important personal obligations to attend to right now :)

Nice to follow a juggernaut finally.

Keep pushing me away Bob Sarver. Don't think I won't do it. ;)

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Just one game.

I'd like to see the fan who would be willing to put up a significant amount of money that Dallas takes this series. That was an amazing comeback but I can't see how anyone watched this series so far and thinks Big D is going to win 3 more games.

Don't see it happening.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in business.. Now lets see if we can get game 4.. Dont see why not..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
loving LeBron just shrinking in every game.

great series so far. best series I can remember in years. me thinks it goes seven and caps an incredible year of playoff basketball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's a lot of question for the Heat after this game... Who's the best player on their team... Are they mentally weak... Why can't they hold leads... but none of them are as big as this:

Which Miami Heat player is giving Gloria James the high hard one?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's a lot of question for the Heat after this game... Who's the best player on their team... Are they mentally weak... Why can't they hold leads... but none of them are as big as this:

Which Miami Heat player is giving Gloria James the high hard one?
Another question:

When does Lebron go full Jordan and shave his head? The headband is not going to hide the power alleys much longer.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just have this feeling LBJ is gonna go off in Game 5 and the rest of the series.. Heat in 6!!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm actively starting to root against my own 250.00 bet (which I don't have to necessarily win this year). the heat are freaking clowns.

did anyone see Wade and LeBron mocking dirk being sick yesterday? what classless morons... especially considering the big deal they made out LeBron's freaking head cold when they beat the Bulls one round earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o74t3j-P0QM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6563197

waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! **** Miami and actually try to win a close game instead of ripping on the team that keeps punking your ass in the fourth quarter.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson