THe 2008 Dallas Cowboys Thread

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
The yankees are definitely the greatest sports team of all time, possibly the greatest of modern times too. You could argue for the niners, cowboys, celtics, lakers, and red sox too.

I agree except the Red Sox?? Red Sox were chokers and losers for 86 years. They win two championships the last couple years but thats it. That doesnt erase those 86 years of choking and losing. They shouldnt even be thought of when it comes to greatest teams...

Also why not the Cardinals (Baseball) and the Athletics. Cards have 10 WS and the A's have 9 (5 in Philly and 4 in Oakland). One of the greatest dynasties in our three-peat in 72,73, and 74. Also 1929 A's might be considered the best of all time (if not then right behind the 1927 Yankees)

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is HILARIOIUS that this thread will likely become populated with cowboys fans, thus offsetting any of the gains the OP had when this idiotic topic sprung forth from the ether of his mind.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truly ironic........

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
The creator of this thread is hence forth known as a Cowboy fan and will be treated as such when the football season starts. Act like an idiot, get treated like an idiot.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll talk about the Cowboys all season. I'll talk about any team. I love football.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
More than the Lakers?

Hmmm, nah. I think it is something like;

1a. Lakers (Jan-June)
1b. Cardinals (July-Dec)
2. NFL
3. NBA
4. MLB

Think the Cowboys are going to get Pacman?

Man, that is tough. PacMan should be applying for reinstatement today and the Cowboys have reportedly a 5th rounder on the table. Many mocks have the Cowboys taking a CB in round 1.

So to answer your question, I think, in the end, Adam Jones is a Cowboy.

Also, the decrease in time between Round 1 picks may mean they are more trades prior to the draft, rather than during the draft.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, nah. I think it is something like;

1a. Lakers (Jan-June)
1b. Cardinals (July-Dec)
2. NFL
3. NBA
4. MLB

Man, that is tough. PacMan should be applying for reinstatement today and the Cowboys have reportedly a 5th rounder on the table. Many mocks have the Cowboys taking a CB in round 1.

So to answer your question, I think, in the end, Adam Jones is a Cowboy.

Also, the decrease in time between Round 1 picks may mean they are more trades prior to the draft, rather than during the draft.

My

1a Suns
1b Cards seems to flip flop depending on the time of the year.

NFL Draft, NBA playoffs..... what a time of year this is, just like you.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3348158

Pacman to await trade before seeking reinstatement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

Adam "Pacman" Jones, who had been expected to apply for reinstatement to the NFL on Tuesday, said he now plans to wait until he's traded before seeking commissioner Roger Goodell's OK to play pro football again.

Jones' agent had said the Tennessee Titans cornerback, suspended since last April for violating the league's conduct policy in several scrapes with the law, would file his paperwork on Tuesday.

But Jones told Hall of Fame wide receiver Michael Irvin on ESPN 103.3 Dallas that he would await a trade first before seeking reinstatement. Jones has made no secret of his desire to play for the Dallas Cowboys, but Dallas and the Titans have been unable to agree on the terms of a trade.

"I'm hoping it will be done this week, but that's just agent talk," Jones said during the appearance, his second on Irvin's show. "We'll see how it goes and I'll be tuning in and I'm going back to my house and get in front of the TV and hope it will get done today."

The Dallas Morning News reported the Cowboys had increased their offer for Jones, though the report did not specify how the team had sweetened the deal. The Titans reportedly were seeking a draft choice higher than the Cowboys were willing to deal for Jones, who, according to ESPN's Ed Werder, had offered to part with a performance bonus if Tennessee would not seek repayment of his signing bonus.

In the meantime, Jones is trying to keep in shape.

"I just can't wait and hopefully it can get done," Jones said. "I'm anxiously waiting. I've been working out three days a week and I've slowed it down a little bit to give my body a rest, so I can make sure I'm not too wore out when camp and the season starts."