The 2008-09 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.. I just saw the clip of Shaq's "Rap" on the news and I just can't stop laughing.

Shaq is such a pile of crap, he's a perfect fit for the cry baby Phoenix Suns. Saying Kobe couldn't win cause he wasn't there? is that a ****ing joke? Look at the team he was there for, they won a whole 1 playoff game. Yeah, Shaq is the man, that's hilarious. He's not even one of the best 20 players in the game and he's ripping on the MVP and the best player in the game today. I couldn't even get angry over it, it was just so damn funny.

Man Phoenix proved how stupid they are by taking that tub of crap. $20 million a year and all he can do is run his fat mouth. He's the ultimate Sun. :lol:
I know I don't appropriately represent the avg Suns fan on here, so I know you have a legitimate beef...but man posts like this sting, when I've been a fairly good fan & even rooted for the Lakers in the playoffs.

Ow.

Just for that, you get this:

:mulli:

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the Suns fan Darth was talking about? I feel sorry for her...poor girl. She looks really sad that Shaq sucks.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I know I don't appropriately represent the avg Suns fan on here, so I know you have a legitimate beef...but man posts like this sting, when I've been a fairly good fan & even rooted for the Lakers in the playoffs.

Ow.

Just for that, you get this:

:mulli:

{EDIT} No offense to you Linderbee, you rock. There are a few good Suns fans, they're just rare. As you said, you're not the "average" Suns Fan.

You can read and write coherently.

Last edited:

Mulatto

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
{EDIT} No offense to you Linderbee, you rock. There are a few good Suns fans, they're just rare. As you said, you're not the "average" Suns Fan.

You can read and write coherently.

:biglaugh: Whatever you say, King Run-on Sentence.

Mulatto

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You might want to look up what a comma splice is. That way you can stop writing like a fourth grade girl. Also, you don't need to sign your posts as "******," anymore. It's redundant.

Negele

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Will Kobe be able to get the taste of Shaq's ______ out of his mouth?

He better buy stock in Tic Tac.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Ain't that a ******? Kobe has his flock spitting rhymes for him now. Shaq might have been behind him this post season but believe me he wasn't tasting anything other than his 4 rings and making a fist...you shut your mouth...whaaat! :D

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ain't that a ******? Kobe has his flock spitting rhymes for him now. Shaq might have been behind him this post season but believe me he wasn't tasting anything other than his 4 rings and making a fist...you shut your mouth...whaaat! :D

And Kobe will be tasting his 5 or so rings in a few years, whilst Shaq is "rapping" for attention yet again.

That's some good spit right there. Not like K.O.B.E. could ever come up with it. My favorite part of that article was the idea that Kobe used to freestyle with Shaq...Ocho ain't got no flow. I know, I've listened to his rhymes and my ears want their blood back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
And Kobe will be tasting his 5 or so rings in a few years, whilst Shaq is "rapping" for attention yet again.

Come on now, this line was classic battle rap:
You claim to be a player, but I f*cked your wife
Yeah, that’s just jokes, but—haha—I f*cked your life

That would rowdy up a crowd in a battle, no doubt. Also the line:

Pure speculation on your part but I like your spunk.
By the way, you do know that most of that line above has already been used before...right?

Tupac's Hit em' up - my favorite rap of all time.

That's some good spit right there. Not like K.O.B.E. could ever come up with it. My favorite part of that article was the idea that Kobe used to freestyle with Shaq...Ocho ain't got no flow. I know, I've listened to his rhymes and my ears want their blood back.

I will admit, it has some good parts but the fact that someone else wrote it just doesn't have the same effect.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, you do know that most of that line above has already been used before...right?

Tupac's Hit em' up - my favorite rap of all time.

Yes, there are a few other lines that have been used before.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe shifts focus to Olympic gold
Dan Bickley

NEW YORK - It is 1:14 in the morning when the U.S. Olympic team walks out of a new basketball museum in Harlem. Even though it has been raining all night and the clock has officially turned to Monday, the streets are full of people waiting for a glimpse of their favorite players.

It's a festive atmosphere until Kobe Bryant emerges. Then, the crowd goes bonkers, chanting his name in unison. It sounds like a scene outside Staples Center in Los Angeles, and Bryant's smile practically lights up the night.

"To play for my country, it means everything to me," Bryant said.

It seems that every Olympic team of recent vintage needs a nickname, and already some are calling this one the Redeem Team. It's catchy. It rhymes. It works, especially for the always-polarizing Bryant.

In the course of one year, he demanded a trade, reconciled with the Lakers, won an MVP trophy, broke his finger, led his team to the NBA Finals and lost badly to the Celtics.

Technically, that means he still hasn't won a championship without Shaquille O'Neal, who felt compelled to remind Bryant of such details in a vulgar rap song performed two weeks ago in this very city.

So, Kobe, about your former teammate . . .

"Shaq knows what I'm about," Bryant said. "His (rapping) was about other reasons, because he thinks it's funny or because he's trying to be entertaining. We played together. He knows what I'm about. He knows what I do.

"I just take it in stride. I've got other things to focus on. We had a great year. I had a great vacation with my family. Now, we're going on this gold-medal run, and it's going to take a lot of energy. To waste that energy on a peripheral opponent makes no sense at all."

Besides, Bryant is having the time of his life. While Team USA is emphasizing humility, defense and 12 equal parts, there's no doubt that Bryant and LeBron James are the leading men of this show.

James is the immensely talented goofball keeping everyone loose and working wonders for team chemistry. Meanwhile, the Lakers star is setting the tone with an incredible work ethic and an overwhelming desire to please his country and his new coaching staff.

"I've had a great relationship with Kobe, and it's even better now," head coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "He's just setting the perfect example."

It's been this way for some time.

For instance, his first meeting with USA Basketball Managing Director Jerry Colangelo came right after Bryant's memorable 81-point outburst against the Raptors in 2006. Looking to gauge the temperature, Colangelo told Bryant that the emphasis of this mission was on the team, not the individual, and that Bryant might even have to play point guard.

Without hesitation, Bryant vowed to do whatever was asked of him.

"That told me something right there," Colangelo said.

While Bryant certainly has his detractors, especially in Phoenix, you'll find none of them inside the walls of USA Basketball. To a man, they've been awed by his commitment and his attitude, not just his talent. Krzyzewski has even clipped footage of the opening play of last year's qualifying tournament - where Bryant harasses the opponent, pokes the ball free and then dives on the floor to recover the ball - as a metaphor and a mission statement for the entire team.

Bryant is clearly relishing this chance at personal redemption and, in some ways, he is filling a void from his youth, completing a childhood dream by playing for the Duke coach, who recruited Bryant many years ago.

"It would really suck if you lose the NBA championship and lose the gold medal," Bryant said. "That's just a terrible year, no way around it. So I'm looking forward to getting this thing done."

After all, the chance for ultimate atonement is drawing near, and just on the other side of that big wall in China.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad all of KB's teammates hate him.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum's agent expects a max extension for A-Bomb.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love his work ethic. Love that playing in the Olympics means something to him.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum averages 14.1 points and 10.8 reb per game in games that he has started. :)

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bynum averages 14.1 points and 10.8 reb per game in games that he has started. :)

Last season in the 25 of the 35 games he started. His career starts stats are far less.

Man, I hope the Lakers give him the max. May he be their Penny.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season in the 25 of the 35 games he started. His career starts stats are far less.

Man, I hope the Lakers give him the max. May he be their Penny.

He's 20 freaking years old. His career stats include him getting less than scrub minutes as a barely turned 18 year old (his birthday is one day before mine).

The relevant stats are the ones he posted last year, when he got starters minutes for many of his games played.

Look at Kobe's stats in his first couple of seasons...they are far below his career averages. He also didn't get consistent minutes his first couple of seasons.

Ain't nothing wrong with Drew. I came around on him this year...the only thing I thought that was missing was some fire...I thought he was soft mentally. He is not...he's going to be really good. As a Lakerfan, I'm biased of course. If I was a fan of another team with a guy like him...I'd be worried.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort