The 2006-07 Los Angeles Lakers thread

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I find it totally disgusting that you call yourself a Laker fan.
Now lookit ya, talking to yourself and all. It's a shame really.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it totally disgusting that you call yourself a Laker fan.
Now lookit ya, talking to yourself and all. It's a shame really.

Wow. You wasted one of your two or three weekly posts by commenting about me in here?

I feel so honored. :D

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
This was probably the worst result the Lakers could have. An easy win by PHX may have lulled them into a bit of complacency and L.A. might have been able to steal Game 2. This game was a wake-up call.

I think PHX will be focused and ready next time and it will take an almost perfect game for the Lakers to get the split. I have a hard time seeing this series going more than five games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was probably the worst result the Lakers could have. An easy win by PHX may have lulled them into a bit of complacency and L.A. might have been able to steal Game 2. This game was a wake-up call.

I think PHX will be focused and ready next time and it will take an almost perfect game for the Lakers to get the split. I have a hard time seeing this series going more than five games.

I kind of agree - I never count out the Lakers, but if we actually play Suns ball on Tuesday (and this team has yet to show a killer instinct, so that's a big IF) this series is over in 5.

you know what I like about Renz and D-Dogg and Brian, you guys are douchebags by nature (all Lakers fans are ;) ) but you're realistic Laker fans - it's always better to talk sports with people who aren't raging homers!

but yeah, I was having flashbacks to '93 and last year in that first half -man, we looked terrible and Kobe looked like he was gonna go off for 80.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lakers played their best game and the Suns played their worst game and still won..

I smell a sweep..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lakers played their best game and the Suns played their worst game and still won..

I smell a sweep..

LOL, that wasn't the Lakers best game Gee. It's pretty much the same game they've been playing since January. Rely on Kobe, don't make shots...play some D in spurts.

I hope the Suns are as complacent as you.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, that wasn't the Lakers best game Gee. It's pretty much the same game they've been playing since January. Rely on Kobe, don't make shots...play some D in spurts.

I hope the Suns are as complacent as you.

So thats the way they always play, yet it wasnt their best?

And the Suns played their worst?

Ok, gotcha..

SWEEP

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So thats the way they always play, yet it wasnt their best?

And the Suns played their worst?

Ok, gotcha..

SWEEP

Always does not = since January. If the Lakers had played the whole season like they have since January, we'd be drafting Durant this year.

Looked like most of the Suns/Lakers matchups this season. Go fight someone, already.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always does not = since January. If the Lakers had played the whole season like they have since January, we'd be drafting Durant this year.

Looked like most of the Suns/Lakers matchups this season. Go fight someone, already.

Since january youve been a lottery team.. Thats the point..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since january youve been a lottery team.. Thats the point..

Maybe you should make your point better then. Especially because you just said the same thing I did. Bring something to the table Gee, ffs. I can't go on arguing both sides of the coin for you.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should make your point better then. Especially because you just said the same thing I did. Bring something to the table Gee, ffs. I can't go on arguing both sides of the coin for you.

Why not? You do it quite well for the lakers.. ;)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Looked like most of the Suns/Lakers matchups this season.

And there is NO reason that it is going to change anytime soon.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL!!

Just playing on you're misuse of stuff like your dead. Just playin. :)

thought for sure my mis-spelling of Impala was gonna get me in trouble right after I seen I spelt it wrong..

That whole "your" thing I made my own.. Not trippin off it..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought for sure my mis-spelling of Impala was gonna get me in trouble right after I seen I spelt it wrong..

That whole "your" thing I made my own.. Not trippin off it..

You are watching WAAAAY too much american idol, bro. Way too much. :D

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"You made it your own" is one of the most common phrases of the Idol judges, especially Paula and ESPECIALLY Drunk Paula.

Oh.. Guess I dont pay that much attention.. Never really have.. I listen to the operformances.. I do listen to Simon though.. But I guess I have tuned out Randy and Paula.. But Made it your own aint an AI thing.. whatever..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh.. Guess I dont pay that much attention.. Never really have.. I listen to the operformances.. I do listen to Simon though.. But I guess I have tuned out Randy and Paula.. But Made it your own aint an AI thing.. whatever..

Maybe you haven't seen enough AI then.

Good call tuning out Paula and daaaawwwg. A has been and a drunk has been. Simon's the only one worth listening too.