That’s Why You Fire Kliff

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
all in all I just really don’t understand how so many people are calling for firings when we’ve scored over 30 points in every game so far and are 3-0… there’s going to be some questionable things in every game, that’s football.
You’re missing the point! Same poor coaching decisions week in & week out! Kliffs been making those poor choices for 10 years now as HC. Fortunately we were playing the worst team in the league today.

Onto LA we go

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We are probably the only 3-0 team that fans want their coach fired. Smh. Just ridiculous. We are tied for first in our division & undefeated. Some of you act like we are Jacksonville or NYG.
Sometimes makes me wonder how people deal with their emotions in real life. Seems to be a lot of immature people out there

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
You’re missing the point! Same poor coaching decisions week in & week out! Kliffs been making those poor choices for 10 years now as HC. Fortunately we were playing the worst team in the league today.

Onto LA we go
I may be alone but I liked the field goal call… I’m actually much more concerned about the defense with the lack of pressure the last 2 weeks and why there weren’t more aggressive on a rookie QB…

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sometimes makes me wonder how people deal with their emotions in real life. Seems to be a lot of immature people out there
Sweet take. My ability to cope with my emotions is fine. Wanting a coach fired, which I’ve said since last season, is not an example of one who can’t self-regulate

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im not mad at trying the FG. I dont think Kyler has the arm strength to get that ball into the endzone anyway.

What I don't understand is not having essentially your punt team in to make sure they dont run it back. Put some tacklers on the damn field. They weren't trying to block the FG, they were trying to return it. If you are going to be unconventional and try 68 yard FG's, then go all in and have a "Long FG unit"

I think Kingsbury is an idiot, and has yet to manage a close game well in his entire career...but we all know he's here the rest of the season at least. If we don't make the playoffs after starting 3-0, then I'm all for firing him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Im not mad at trying the FG. I dont think Kyler has the arm strength to get that ball into the endzone anyway.

What I don't understand is not having essentially your punt team in to make sure they dont run it back. Put some tacklers on the damn field. They weren't trying to block the FG, they were trying to return it. If you are going to be unconventional and try 68 yard FG's, then go all in and have a "Long FG unit"

I think Kingsbury is an idiot, and has yet to manage a close game well in his entire career...but we all know he's here the rest of the season at least. If we don't make the playoffs after starting 3-0, then I'm all for firing him.

Every NFL QB can throw a ball 50 yards let alone Kyler who has done it running sideways.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Every NFL QB can throw a ball 50 yards let alone Kyler who has done it running sideways.
Eh...when you back peddle 15 yards on every throw and throw it off your back foot, I doubt it. Show me one deep shot where Kyler has loaded up, stepped up in the pocket and driven the ball downfield.

Agree to disagree.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing - why are we kicking it? This isn't Denver! Go 4 wide and Hail Mary it, hope for a catch in the end zone or a PI call. As soon as the camera showed a Jag waiting under the uprights, I thought "if this is short it's coming back."

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope all you snivelers can see how poorly your cowardice ages. Try a different sport.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Look... I’m as big a kliff hater as anybody....

But Prater has a legit leg... maybe he was hitting from 70 in practice.

First half wasn’t going our way... our stud jump ball WR has bruised ribs and shouldn’t even be playing.... and we have a clutch kicker notorious for his long ball...
I can see why he made the call.... all things considered maybe the best option to end the half on a positive?
May have called differently if Hop was 100 .....
I might have put Moore on a slant

Coach ****** and win is a better formula than coach pretty and lose

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Today was more about Kyler and not Kliff... that long attempt would have not even matter if Kyler was taking what the defense gave him

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Eh...when you back peddle 15 yards on every throw and throw it off your back foot, I doubt it. Show me one deep shot where Kyler has loaded up, stepped up in the pocket and driven the ball downfield.

Agree to disagree.

He’s attempted 3 hail Mary’s and all reached the EZ. Odd take.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
LMAO. I was watching the game with my son and before Prater attempted the long field goal I told my son he's going to be short and Agnew will run back a TD. BOOM!!!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
LMAO. I was watching the game with my son and before Prater attempted the long field goal I told my son he's going to be short and Agnew will run back a TD. BOOM!!!
So you're the one that jinxed it? Seriously though, I think anyone that saw Agnew standing back there were immediately thinking there was a good possibility for return TD. Have to wonder if Kliff was even considering the possibility of a return there or he simply thought Prater would get it far enough for a return to not be possible?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
all in all I just really don’t understand how so many people are calling for firings when we’ve scored over 30 points in every game so far and are 3-0… there’s going to be some questionable things in every game, that’s football.
Andy Reid has made a pretty good career of questionable play calls and clock management.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Today was more about Kyler and not Kliff... that long attempt would have not even matter if Kyler was taking what the defense gave him
He finally did start taking what the defense gave, in the 2nd half and performance (with the exception of the int) shows.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Andy Reid has made a pretty good career of questionable play calls and clock management.

Here's to hoping Kliff is the next Andy Reid! /cheers

Reid has had some uber talented teams, flame out early (and late) in the playoffs.

If they didn't draft Mahomes, I think he's in forced into retirement....and ranked right up there with Marty Schottenheimer.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Here's to hoping Kliff is the next Andy Reid! /cheers

Reid has had some uber talented teams, flame out early (and late) in the playoffs.

If they didn't draft Mahomes, I think he's in forced into retirement....and ranked right up there with Marty Schottenheimer.
Possibly, but he had a long, long career, before Mahomes.