That’s Why You Fire Kliff

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
He did not take the wrong gap 'every' play, that is Fox/CNN hyperbole... he is just really slow, but he made some plays today

Are you saying he played well? Any linebacker who is on the field for nearly 100% of the snaps will make "some plays", Hicks is clearly a bad player.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Hell I’m just starting to believe in KK, I liked the early balance, finally got some run practice in. Chase aint a bell vow, like to see what Connor could do after 20 carries.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The ball actually travels better in humid air than non-humid air. This was a common misconception for a long time. Humidity is NOT a reason to not try a long FG. Plenty of others though in this case.
68 yards
Top notch returner
Offensive linemen on field

Those are enough reasons to yell KLIFF IS AN IDIOT from every mountaintop.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I hope all you snivelers can see how poorly your cowardice ages.

My cowardice is aged to perfection. I come from a long line of cowards and snivelers, who all are born with big yellow streaks running down our backs. My grandfather was a coward, who dressed like a woman for several years to avoid WWI. My father was a coward, who hid out in Alaska during WWII to avoid the service. I, like my brother, are cowards who avoided the war in Vietnam, I with student deferments, and my brother feinting mental defectiveness. My sons are cowards, having avoided every recent war pretending to be gay. (At least they said that they were pretending.) And my grandkids, just like their great great grandfather SissyBoyBart, are still to this day growing into real girly men, learning to run and hide from bullies, as well as never getting involved in other people's problems or skirmishes.

With that said, I am in no way in favor of firing our coach. I believe when the time comes and he comes face to face with true adversity, he will, as my family of sissies have always done, hold the Cardinal banner high before wimping out and submitting to the absurd.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Here's to hoping Kliff is the next Andy Reid! /cheers

Reid has had some uber talented teams, flame out early (and late) in the playoffs.

If they didn't draft Mahomes, I think he's in forced into retirement....and ranked right up there with Marty Schottenheimer.
Dude took the eagles to the nfc championship three years in a row iirc.... Reid was a helluva good coach before mahomes came along

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude took the eagles to the nfc championship three years in a row iirc.... Reid was a helluva good coach before mahomes came along

Never said he wasn't.

I was as happy as any non Chiefs fan could be when they won.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If this board is any guide it feels like the blowtorch is being turned up a notch on Kliff. Seeing him on the sidelines today more agitated than usual I think he feels it too.

Third season in the role. Do new head coaches regularly survive three seasons with no play-off appearances?

On the surface things are going well. Three from three, plenty of yards. But general impression is that the team is better and could actually do something this season. Therefore expectations are higher. Mistakes carry more weight. Games get picked over with greater scrutiny.

Pressure creates diamonds (hopefully)

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As of today even with Kliff’s faults I don’t see any currently available coaching candidates that are actually an improvement over Kliff.

I still would keep Kliff over half of the current HCs in this league.

Unless we regress I don’t see a reason to change coaches and start a rebuild again. That will set us back even more.