That’s Why You Fire Kliff

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honest question, if Kyler doesn't watch and learn to improve his craft can any coach be successful with him as QB? What is the point of firing Kliff now ?

Because that's partly on the coach too? If he and Kliff are as close as we think and if Kyler clearly isn't watching film then Kliff should know and do something about it. With Covid it's tougher but I gotta think he can get in the room with Kyler and have him watch film.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think Kliff needs to get into the postseason and win a couple of games or he should absolutely be fired.

Kyler obviously has issues to work on but all the false starts, the drop by Kirk, not knowing earlier that he shouldn't have Colt hold etc that's ultimately on the head coach.

I think the false starts and the bad snaps are a direct result of the shotgun, is that because of Kyler or because it's Kliff's offense, I honestly don't know.

The team is collapsing and you can't cite injuries because everyone else is short players too.

He has to get in and win a couple of games IMO or we should be hiring a new coach.
Let’s don’t ignore VJ & his piss poor defensive concepts.

Soft zone after soft zone after soft zone. HS QBs could probably complete 60% of their passes against us. It worse than watching 7 on 7 out there against our defense.

I won’t even touch our offense because it’s more vanilla than banana pudding.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is unfathomable, I mean is there just no legitimate process in place to adapt when adversity inevitably hits as the season progresses? And here I thought we turned the corner when McCoy stepped in and we went 2-1, wtf was I thinking

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Remember when he was COY favorite with the MVP favorite running his offense? I’m out 100% on the coaching staff. I was close to being done with them after the 65 yard FG before the half in Jacksonville, but today was tops. Losing 3 in a row with a chance to clinch a playoff and we $hit the bed in all three games.

Kliff challenged an obvious catch and wasted a timeout. The very next drive we stop Wentz short of the first, but was spotted as a first down. He had 4 minutes of actual time to decide to challenge the spot. Even Pereira said he was short before the 2 minute warning had occurred. Instead he let it go and it led to 3 points before half.

This team has zero accountability. 25 penalties the last 3 games. Josh Jones had 3 false starts. Defense had the colts on a 3rd and 9 only to have back to back offsides and give them a free first down without running a play.

Offensive genius…. 41 points the last 3 games. Outside of our RB screen pass, it seems no one is ever open and when they are Kyler misses them. Offensive line has zero push and our receivers are wildly inconsistent.

Vance Joseph’s defense played a good game tonight, but I think that’s despite his bad play calls. I’ve never seen a team let loose so many WRs roam free when dropping 7 or 8 into coverage. For the first time in how many weeks we actually blitzed and used Budda baker as a box safety. It was effective, however with 2nd and 3rd string Offensive linemen, we got almost no pressure on wentz until the 2nd half. Once per possession for the colts we dropped either Zach Allen, Marcus Golden(on many occasions), or Leki Fotu in coverage. Each time Wentz threw the ball in their direction for an easy gain. Not to mention Joe walker on Allie-Cox when we have one of the best linebackers at covering opposing TEs.

Finally Jeff Rodgers. Not sure if it was his fault, but who’s idea was it to have Colt McCoy hold kicks? It’s bad enough he’s never done it before in an NFL game, but when we decide that doesn’t work we switch to the backup punter halfway through the game. Did we not practice kicking this week?

Hoping somehow we get lucky and still win the division, but it’s going to be tough with Dallas and Seattle left. If we close out the season losing the last 5 of the regular season and go 1 and done in the playoffs, there shouldn’t be an extension offered to KK and company.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is unfathomable, I mean is there just no legitimate process in place to adapt when adversity inevitably hits as the season progresses? And here I thought we turned the corner when McCoy stepped in and we went 2-1, wtf was I thinking
I mean if this doesn’t scream that teams pick up on Kliffys offensive schemes VERY easily and he doesn’t make adjustment/can’t make adjustments then I don’t know what does?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Remember when he was COY favorite with the MVP favorite running his offense? I’m out 100% on the coaching staff. I was close to being done with them after the 65 yard FG before the half in Jacksonville, but today was tops. Losing 3 in a row with a chance to clinch a playoff and we $hit the bed in all three games.

Kliff challenged an obvious catch and wasted a timeout. The very next drive we stop Wentz short of the first, but was spotted as a first down. He had 4 minutes of actual time to decide to challenge the spot. Even Pereira said he was short before the 2 minute warning had occurred. Instead he let it go and it led to 3 points before half.

This team has zero accountability. 25 penalties the last 3 games. Josh Jones had 3 false starts. Defense had the colts on a 3rd and 9 only to have back to back offsides and give them a free first down without running a play.

Offensive genius…. 41 points the last 3 games. Outside of our RB screen pass, it seems no one is ever open and when they are Kyler misses them. Offensive line has zero push and our receivers are wildly inconsistent.

Vance Joseph’s defense played a good game tonight, but I think that’s despite his bad play calls. I’ve never seen a team let loose so many WRs roam free when dropping 7 or 8 into coverage. For the first time in how many weeks we actually blitzed and used Budda baker as a box safety. It was effective, however with 2nd and 3rd string Offensive linemen, we got almost no pressure on wentz until the 2nd half. Once per possession for the colts we dropped either Zach Allen, Marcus Golden(on many occasions), or Leki Fotu in coverage. Each time Wentz threw the ball in their direction for an easy gain. Not to mention Joe walker on Allie-Cox when we have one of the best linebackers at covering opposing TEs.

Finally Jeff Rodgers. Not sure if it was his fault, but who’s idea was it to have Colt McCoy hold kicks? It’s bad enough he’s never done it before in an NFL game, but when we decide that doesn’t work we switch to the backup punter halfway through the game. Did we not practice kicking this week?

Hoping somehow we get lucky and still win the division, but it’s going to be tough with Dallas and Seattle left. If we close out the season losing the last 5 of the regular season and go 1 and done in the playoffs, there shouldn’t be an extension offered to KK and company.
“Outside of our RB screen pass, it seems no one is ever open and when they are Kyler misses them. Offensive line has zero push and our receivers are wildly inconsistent.” This quote X a million.. every game

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I really hope that somebody asks Keim about Kliff’s job status if he’s interviewed this week. Would love to hear the nervous trembles in his voice as he fumbles out some generic response

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubt anyone is or should be excusing Kyler’s play but anyone who think he should go before Kliff is a moron.

No. Kyler deserves to get a real HC before we move on from him. Totally agree there.

But to find a real HC, the first thing that needs to be done is finding a real GM. Without that, nothing else matters.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
No. Kyler deserves to get a real HC before we move on from him. Totally agree there.

But to find a real HC, the first thing that needs to be done is finding a real GM. Without that, nothing else matters.
We will retain Bluto and they will promote Vance. Just watch.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Geez. I knew KK hadn't don't anything special in college...but he sucked! No wonder he got fired! The excuse about not being able to recruit is bogus...Cincy is about to play in a college semi final.

Kliff is a complete loser as a HC.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Cardinals didn't win any of the last 5 games and crashed out of playoffs may be Kliff was in trouble. After this win at Cowboys' fargett about it. Kliff will be back!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If some other teams fans(with knowledge and common sense) watch these kind of threads would laugh so loud
We have probably one of the best record in the Cardinals history and someone call kk head and wanting us to trade Murray

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
*shrug* I'll say I used hyperbole the moment you don't leap to defend KM at every turn when he plays crappy. I'm fairly confident I won't have to say I use hyperbole.

Except that I don't do that Stout. For example, over the last several weeks I've acknowledged/lamented Murray's lack of success in meaningful games. Neither have I blamed all of his recent struggles on our suspect O-line (or Kingsbury's play calling). Overall, K1 played pretty poorly during the losing streak.

What I really dislike, however, is when Murray, or any Cardinals player, unfairly becomes a message board punching bag.

For example, when the NY times article came out, despite the actual quote, the narrative on this board, led by the darksiders of course, quickly become that Murray watches no film. And this later morphed into him "not putting in the necessary work to get better" and that "he's not committed to being great".

Do any of us on this board know exactly how hard Murray works at his craft, or his mindset about success? No. And so given imperfect information, I think a reasonable poster would refrain from impinging on his worth ethic, or his desire to win.

And that's just one of many examples. The "Isaiah Simmons is a bust" narrative being another. We'll probably see a few threads this week about benching/trading Byron Murphy too.

No player is going to be great every game, and occasionally may have a multigame slump. They're only human beings after all, and I wish the "knives would come out" (so to speak) a little slower on this board, which I otherwise prize for it's intelligent discourse and football acumen.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
*shrug* I'll say I used hyperbole the moment you don't leap to defend KM at every turn when he plays crappy. I'm fairly confident I won't have to say I use hyperbole.

Too funny :lmao: from someone who rarely posts without some synonym of hyperbole:

exaggerated, amplified, enlarged, magnified, overstated, inflated, hyperbolized, excessive, overblown, extravagant, overweening, overdone, bloated, hyped, overwrought, overemphasized, overplayed, overestimated, overdrawn, overdramatized, outsized, outsize, overemphasised, over the top, over-elaborate, fulsome, steep, pretentious, actorly, theatrical, overripe, extreme, OTT, dramatic, aggrandized, melodramatic, sensationalistic, preposterous, exalted, sensational, sensationalist, schmaltzy, embellished, overkill, unrealistic, hammy, impossible, stylized, embroidered, etc., etc.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Except that I don't do that Stout. For example, over the last several weeks I've acknowledged/lamented Murray's lack of success in meaningful games. Neither have I blamed all of his recent struggles on our suspect O-line (or Kingsbury's play calling). Overall, K1 played pretty poorly during the losing streak.

What I really dislike, however, is when Murray, or any Cardinals player, unfairly becomes a message board punching bag.

For example, when the NY times article came out, despite the actual quote, the narrative on this board, led by the darksiders of course, quickly become that Murray watches no film. And this later morphed into him "not putting in the necessary work to get better" and that "he's not committed to being great".

Do any of us on this board know exactly how hard Murray works at his craft, or his mindset about success? No. And so given imperfect information, I think a reasonable poster would refrain from impinging on his worth ethic, or his desire to win.

And that's just one of many examples. The "Isaiah Simmons is a bust" narrative being another. We'll probably see a few threads this week about benching/trading Byron Murphy too.

No player is going to be great every game, and occasionally may have a multigame slump. They're only human beings after all, and I wish the "knives would come out" (so to speak) a little slower on this board, which I otherwise prize for it's intelligent discourse and football acumen.

Haha, NO. Nice try moving the goal posts, but literally nobody here said he watches NO game film. All players are MADE to watch film by the coaches every week. It's part of the process. The darksiders were/are upset that he stated he doesn't watch much extra game film (I don't have the exact quote in front of me). It's an absolutely damning quote. Now, was it a throw away, or KM just trying to sound smart (his other comment about "seeing" the game in the same article)? That can be argued. Either way, it's not a good look, makes it sound like he's not putting the effort in to be great, and could easily have been stomped on by KM by refuting the quote or clarifying.

I agree with your last paragraph, though. Yeah, it's too easy to get the knives out, so to speak. I also feel like we all have our favorites that we like to defend a lot. Too often, a SINGLE WORD of criticism of KM gets the knives out, though. You've done it, as have others. Look, I like the kid's talent and certainly think he has what it takes as an athlete to be a great QB. I'm not sold that he has it between the ears yet. Yet. There's still time. Also doesn't mean that, without the extra work, he can't still be very good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard