That’s Why You Fire Kliff

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kliff is coaching in a vacuum and is not respecting his opponents... our coach and QB have no patience and way too jittery to play consistent football which is what wins, hyper mistakes is our only energy right now lol

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Look at the league elite offenses.. Chiefs Chargers.. just watched Cinci’s TD. Chunk plays with wide open players.

We are lateral so often, there is not much of any separation consistently.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to fire the coach that got you good to get to great. See bucs super bowl firing edwards to bring in chuckie. See bulls firing Collins to get Jackson.
I was thinking the Dungy to Chuckie hiring over the past few weeks… never mentioned it as it feels a sting disservice to a great coach and man that is Dungy.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
we will hear this stuff till to the playoffs if we make them.

The team digged themself a big hole that they now have to climb out of. can they? Mabye. At the moment all pundits will fire against them and rightfully so.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Is it fair for any coach such a treatment if they improved every year? I know it is a unfair world yet
I mean I guess if you have low expectations you can ignore his awful pattern. Me? I want a team that doesn’t just start fast and then goes out with a whimper every year.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mean I guess if you have low expectations you can ignore his awful pattern. Me? I want a team that doesn’t just start fast and then goes out with a whimper every year.
I am not too far away from your line of thinking..At the same time if a coach has shown improvement every year may be one needs to ride it out?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am not too far away from your line of thinking..At the same time if a coach has shown improvement every year may be one needs to ride it out?
Ride it out to what eventuality? Continued disappointment at the end of each season? A good GM/owner recognizes when the coach has limitations abs decides whether they want more or not. For instance, the Glazers were smart enough to recognize that back in the day dungy had done what he could with a talented bucs team and canned him for chuckie. Voila! Super bowl.

Reaction score
Such fickle fans smh. We are 10 & 4 and we lead the division that many of you thought that we'd be at the bottom of. Yes today's game was atrocious but that doesn't mean it's the end of the world. We still lead the division with a chance to control our own destiny.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Such fickle fans smh. We are 10 & 4 and we lead the division that many of you thought that we'd be at the bottom of. Yes today's game was atrocious but that doesn't mean it's the end of the world. We still lead the division with a chance to control our own destiny.
Blah blah blah "Be content with Same Old Cards style of play, you peons!" blah blah blah koolaider. Thank you, no.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Being concerned that leaking like a cieve to end the season for the third consecutive year is not being fickle, it's analyzing a pattern. And we play a red hot Colts team Saturday that we match up poorly against and then Dallas on the road.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Does anyone seriously think at this point a Kliff led team will reach the super bowl? This team didn't have unlucky breaks or a missed field goal like the Vikings against us. The Lions completely manhandled the Cards from start to finish. There were so many decisions yesterday that were completely incomprehensible, but all I can see in my mind is Jordan Phillips/Chandler Jones/Hicks desperately chasing receivers down the field.

Where is the leadership? Who steps up when it counts? Clearly Kyler ain't that guy. Budda gets paid a lot but continues to be either missing tackles or invisible.

If JJ Watt was really our only chance at developing a meaningful culture, we're in trouble.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Being concerned that leaking like a cieve to end the season for the third consecutive year is not being fickle, it's analyzing a pattern. And we play a red hot Colts team Saturday that we match up poorly against and then Dallas on the road.
Thank you for putting what is obvious to many of us the simplest form possible. Maybe that works. I doubt it. Koolaiders are the ROTC guy (was it Niedermeyer?) in Animal House telling everyone running around in a panic to remain calm.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for putting what is obvious to many of us the simplest form possible. Maybe that works. I doubt it. Koolaiders are the ROTC guy (was it Niedermeyer?) in Animal House telling everyone running around in a panic to remain calm.
Kevin Bacon.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It sucks, because our teams in AZ are so rarely good...that we set very low expectations, and then when our teams have a chance to exceed them...we expect them to and almost always suffer a crushing defeat when "We are who they thought they were".

Last years Suns....Cards the last few years...09 Cards...etc.

On paper at the start of the season, if you would have told me 10 wins and a wildcard spot...I would have taken it all day and been happy. The problem with that is when you get to 10-2 and start to think division title, home playoff game, maybe even a bye week....we will inevitably be let down. Its very easy to say "you're getting ahead of yourself" with those expectations...because I don't think anyone thought the team was ready to compete for a SB this year....but our successes are SO rare that we feel like we have to jump all in when we get the chance.

It's the curse of being an AZ sports fan.
"Yea you lost the SB in the last 90 seconds...but you were never supposed to be there...be happy".
"Yea you blew a 2-0 lead in the NBA finals...but you were never supposed to be there...be happy".
Coming in 2021 - "Yea you lost 5 games in a row...3 and 7 in the final 10 weeks of the season...and you got your doors blown off in TB in the first round....but at least you made the playoffs! Be happy!!"

As much as we want to force higher expectations on our team, we can't do that until we reach a consistent level of "contender". The Cards and Suns might be headed in the right direction, but we aren't there yet.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And the Colts are still in the thick of the playoff race while the Cards are nearly all but assured of limping into the playoffs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It sucks, because our teams in AZ are so rarely good...that we set very low expectations, and then when our teams have a chance to exceed them...we expect them to and almost always suffer a crushing defeat when "We are who they thought they were".

Last years Suns....Cards the last few years...09 Cards...etc.

On paper at the start of the season, if you would have told me 10 wins and a wildcard spot...I would have taken it all day and been happy. The problem with that is when you get to 10-2 and start to think division title, home playoff game, maybe even a bye week....we will inevitably be let down. Its very easy to say "you're getting ahead of yourself" with those expectations...because I don't think anyone thought the team was ready to compete for a SB this year....but our successes are SO rare that we feel like we have to jump all in when we get the chance.

It's the curse of being an AZ sports fan.
"Yea you lost the SB in the last 90 seconds...but you were never supposed to be there...be happy".
"Yea you blew a 2-0 lead in the NBA finals...but you were never supposed to be there...be happy".
Coming in 2021 - "Yea you lost 5 games in a row...3 and 7 in the final 10 weeks of the season...and you got your doors blown off in TB in the first round....but at least you made the playoffs! Be happy!!"

As much as we want to force higher expectations on our team, we can't do that until we reach a consistent level of "contender". The Cards and Suns might be headed in the right direction, but we aren't there yet.
I think the suns are there. Last year we finished with the second best record in the NBA and made the finals and were halfway home to a championship. This year we have the best record in the nba about a third of the way through season again. That year-to-year consistency means we are a legit contender. Challenging for a championship in the nba should be our expectation right now. Might have an abbreviated window due to Paul’s age, but at present that should 100% be our appropriate expectation.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Come on, not even after the game yesterday that's a fair comparison. Nagy is by far the worst play caller in the league right now...
Matt Nagy without Kyler has a better record than Kliff. Fact. And Nagy will be fired tomorrow morning.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard