That’s Why You Fire Kliff

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't divine what he was actually working on this offseason. It seems like everyone decided to take a victory lap instead of trying to get better. Can you imagine after that collapse?
100% this

They had no right to rest on their last seasons good play since there was so much bad play and collapse

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So I know both Kliff and Kyler should share in the failure that is the 2022 season looking at other teams that have had success with back up QB's makes it look like Kliff is more to blame thab Kyler.

DAL lost Dak early in season and actually turned their season around once Rush took over and now know they not only have a capable back up but actually may have someone who can replace Dak if necessary.

SF actually looks better with Brock Purdy the last 2 games than they have all year offensively. They may not have to choose between Lance and Garoppolo after all.

SEA jettisoned Russ and made Smith look like a savior this year and this reclamation project may well be long term answer.

Still to early to tell but if McVeigh can make Mayfield look decent these next 4 games and its possible with only LAC as only real challenge left (GB, DEN, SEA), then it just adds list.

These examples show good coaches find ways to win with what they have. Either they find QB's to fit their system or change their system to fit the QB. Kliff makes no adjustments to his scheme so it doesn't matter whether its Kyler or McCoy playing QB, this offense is going to struggle.

I know Kyler seems like a spoiled, self entitled kid and his actions sure do make perception a reality but part of me thinks he blows off Kliff's calls and tries to improvise on offense because he doesn't trust it because its not effective, which is why he and his receivers look like they are not on the same page a lot.

Will be interesting to see if Bidwill cleans house and what a new regime does with Kyler.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be sad if Kliff fired himself

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is already being discussed over here FYI

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So I know both Kliff and Kyler should share in the failure that is the 2022 season looking at other teams that have had success with back up QB's makes it look like Kliff is more to blame thab Kyler.

DAL lost Dak early in season and actually turned their season around once Rush took over and now know they not only have a capable back up but actually may have someone who can replace Dak if necessary.

SF actually looks better with Brock Purdy the last 2 games than they have all year offensively. They may not have to choose between Lance and Garoppolo after all.

SEA jettisoned Russ and made Smith look like a savior this year and this reclamation project may well be long term answer.

Still to early to tell but if McVeigh can make Mayfield look decent these next 4 games and its possible with only LAC as only real challenge left (GB, DEN, SEA), then it just adds list.

These examples show good coaches find ways to win with what they have. Either they find QB's to fit their system or change their system to fit the QB. Kliff makes no adjustments to his scheme so it doesn't matter whether its Kyler or McCoy playing QB, this offense is going to struggle.

I know Kyler seems like a spoiled, self entitled kid and his actions sure do make perception a reality but part of me thinks he blows off Kliff's calls and tries to improvise on offense because he doesn't trust it because its not effective, which is why he and his receivers look like they are not on the same page a lot.

Will be interesting to see if Bidwill cleans house and what a new regime does with Kyler.
Kyler doesn't seem like those things, that is who he is at this point and seems to have been since he arrived in AZ. It is on Kliff that he has allowed this continue unchecked by enabling the behavior even if he never supported it.

And likely a new group will either come in, hold Kyler accountable, then move on from Kyler, and start the search for a new QB or they just all get fired after those things happen.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad attitude, bad health for the last three years.

And watching Lamar now break down in back to back seasons, just says to me the running QB isn’t a long-term answer, especially one as small and already injury prone as Kyler has shown himself to be, while admitting he doesnt kill themselves in the film room, needs to be forced to study in a contract and apparently is still showing up late to practices in a season where he’s been really bad.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Can I propose new board rules? Anytime someone calls Kyler a "winner" they should get banned for a personal attack of the rest of the board. Anytime someone cites Kyler's high school or college success they should get banned for the same reason. Anyone who defends either Keim or Kliff should be banned for the same reasons.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kyler doesn't seem like those things, that is who he is at this point and seems to have been since he arrived in AZ. It is on Kliff that he has allowed this continue unchecked by enabling the behavior even if he never supported it.

And likely a new group will either come in, hold Kyler accountable, then move on from Kyler, and start the search for a new QB or they just all get fired after those things happen.
You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Can I propose new board rules? Anytime someone calls Kyler a "winner" they should get banned for a personal attack of the rest of the board. Anytime someone cites Kyler's high school or college success they should get banned for the same reason. Anyone who defends either Keim or Kliff should be banned for the same reasons.
Paul Calvisi brought up McSorley's high school career on the Big Red Rage last night. Unbelievable, this franchise.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler should NOT be a running Qb. He should be a Qb that is mobile and can escape a pass rush. I don’t believe a running Qb is sustainable. Sooner or later it will catch up to them especially a small running Qb.
TBF Lamar got hurt both times in the pocket.

Kyler's got tiny legs, that requires max effort to make up for his lack of stride. This gives him hamstring issues and as others have hinted that hamstring might be key in tearing the knee.

Kyler needs to find throwing lanes and honestly use this injury to open up stride (if he can).

Last edited:

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

That’s not very #BirdCity of you

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler got injured playing football.

Just like how Burrow tearing his ACL in the pocket.

Just like how Tua dislocated his hip in the pocket. Also suffering those concussions earlier this season in the pocket.

Just like how Lamar got dinged up & missed games while standing the pocket.

Just like how Allen got his arm messed up while in the pocket.

Herbert getting his ribs blasted in the pocket, etc.

Stafford & his concussion issues this year

These dudes got hurt/injured playing football. Not being a “running” QB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler got injured playing football.

Just like how Burrow tearing his ACL in the pocket.

Just like how Tua dislocated his hip in the pocket. Also suffering those concussions earlier this season in the pocket.

Just like how Lamar got dinged up & missed games while standing the pocket.

Just like how Allen got his arm messed up while in the pocket.

Herbert getting his ribs blasted in the pocket, etc.

Stafford & his concussion issues this year

These dudes got hurt/injured playing football. Not being a “running” QB.
Hamstring issues two years in a row happen in the pocket. Ankle injury last year came on a designer run down field well outside of the pocket. Non-contact ACL tear on the run.

And the shoulder injury suffered three years ago came in open field where he’s wide open to take a big shot.

Literally NONE of his injuries happened in the pocket.

And even if you want to continue to talk that his injuries aren’t as a result of running, does it really matter? Doesn’t change the fact how injury prone he’s become in just a short 4 years in the league, all while protecting himself from injuries, falling down when the pocket closes or going down short of 1st downs.

Whether it’s because he’s a running QB who’s body ain’t built for football… or because it’s just football and people get injured, he gets injured more than most and that has to be factored in when looking at the future of the team at that position.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

There is a lot to criticize Kliff for, but he has won 3 games with backup QBs here, all against divisional opponents. I still feel this year's failure is about relying on talking two OL out of retirement and them barely playing, and then their backups getting hurt and then everyone on offense but Beachum getting hurt. Lots of other factors but I keep sticking on it.

Mcvay, the coaching wunderkind, impeccable record, and reigning Superbowl champion has the same record as Kliff and this dumpster fire org. 4-10. In the media, the Rams struggles are being fully excused due to their OL issues. We have the same OL issues as them. You think that if Kliff was a good coach like McVay, he would have found a way to overcome this issue and win? McVay himself can't overcome this issue.

I guess it doesn't matter who gets blame for this year. We're most likely cleaning house and entering the draft with a top pick. Next years schedule looks incredibly soft so I think a quick turn around is likely for whoever gets hired.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is a lot to criticize Kliff for, but he has won 3 games with backup QBs here, all against divisional opponents. I still feel this year's failure is about relying on talking two OL out of retirement and them barely playing, and then their backups getting hurt and then everyone on offense but Beachum getting hurt. Lots of other factors but I keep sticking on it.

Mcvay, the coaching wunderkind, impeccable record, and reigning Superbowl champion has the same record as Kliff and this dumpster fire org. 4-10. In the media, the Rams struggles are being fully excused due to their OL issues. We have the same OL issues as them. You think that if Kliff was a good coach like McVay, he would have found a way to overcome this issue and win? McVay himself can't overcome this issue.

I guess it doesn't matter who gets blame for this year. We're most likely cleaning house and entering the draft with a top pick. Next years schedule looks incredibly soft so I think a quick turn around is likely for whoever gets hired.
The Rams are obviously calling it a season already with Stafford, Kupp, Donald and other key members of their team being out the past few weeks. McVay is auditioning Mayfield to see what he's got because Stafford's injury may impact the rest of his career.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson