Thank you Kyle Shanahan

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure how much that mattered. Even our backup CB’s gave up some catches on great coverage. There were a few breakdowns.
Well Byron has became a ballhawk this year & I wouldn’t write off him making a play or two in this or any game.

It’s wild how this board is holding Shanahan to a higher light than even 49er fans are doing right now.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am no Shanahan fan but he kicked the Cardinals out of playoffs last year with Kyler playing and repeated the same with another QB looking like backup QB. Show some respect.

Happy to report Kliff is now .500 as HC. Kyle is not!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Well Byron has became a ballhawk this year & I wouldn’t write off him making a play or two in this or any game.

It’s wild how this board is holding Shanahan to a higher light than even 49er fans are doing right now.

Nothing to do with Shanny just pointing out I think our corners played admirably pertaining to expectation. The officiating made it hard on both secondaries.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Yeah.... like those catches our backups gave up with tight coverage wouldn’t have been picks if our starters were playing.
Wilson and Murphy in there and it’s likely this game is never even close

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seems he had his mind made up that they had to stay aggressive with us. Good idea in theory.... didn’t work out to well on the field
Agreed. I mean, the cards were the highest scoring team in the league. I’m sure he figured that FGs weren’t going to win it. I don’t think he anticipated our offense stinking up the joint.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. He's started 1 game in 2 years before today. Im not going to determine his future off a crappy game yet. Imagine closing the doors on Kyler after his brutal 1st Qrts against the Lions. I was just saying what he looked like out there today. We'll see if he gets better or not.
Right? Holy hot take!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol. His first game. Playing an undefeated division rival away.
Trey wil get his shot but did he look like Kyler in first few starts? or Trevor Lawrence at any time this season. Six quarters of not setting feet to throw and getting overwhelmed is not a good sign.

Welp, I could be so wrong like I was on Kyler but Kyler showed his arm starting with first game against Lions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

We would be crushing kliff too if we were 2-3.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Trey wil get his shot but did he look like Kyler in first few starts? or Trevor Lawrence at any time this season. Six quarters of not setting feet to throw and getting overwhelmed is not a good sign.

Welp, I could be so wrong like I was on Kyler but Kyler showed his arm starting with first game against Lions.
This kid was acknowledged to maybe the rawest of the QBs coming out. It wasn’t their plan to play him this early. I am not a lance fan the same way I wasn’t josh Allen fan. But josh Allen taught me not to rush to judgment. And a rookie starting his first game in game 5 against an undefeated division rival in their stadium is virtually the definition of rushing to judgment.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This kid was acknowledged to maybe the rawest of the QBs coming out. It wasn’t their plan to play him this early. I am not a lance fan the same way I wasn’t josh Allen fan. But josh Allen taught me not to rush to judgment. And a rookie starting his first game in game 5 against an undefeated division rival in their stadium is virtually the definition of rushing to judgment.
Trey is 21. He is a kid..he needs seasoning...I hope 49ers are patient with him...That said I hope he flashed a tad bit more despite the circumstances...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Shanahan spent the game trying to prove that Lance was worth the draft cost.

If he runs the ball, kicks FGs, plays for field position, and plays us like he has before they win

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lance is not going to last long in this league if he doesn't learn to slide. That kid takes hits like a running back.

the worst of many bad comments by the announcers today was that Lance isn't afraid to slide which is unusual for a young Qb. he never slides he goes headfirst and gets pummeled

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Shanahan is really good at some things and really terrible at just as many. Feels like a guy that will kill it at his second stop once an owner forces him to focus only on what he does best and nothing else.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lance is basically crappy Kaepernick.
I guess I saw it differently, He's Kyler running basically, and was just a few inches from torching us in the passing game several times, Jimmy doesn't see the field again, unless Lance is injured, or he just lays a fat egg.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Shanahan is really good at some things and really terrible at just as many. Feels like a guy that will kill it at his second stop once an owner forces him to focus only on what he does best and nothing else.
This could definitely be the case. Forst time head coaches, no matter how hot, shouldn’t be imbued with personnel power imo. Let them concentrate on learning to be a head coach. Personnel can come with time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just gonna say, if he would have settled for a couple of field goals throughout the game and played field position a few times they probably win this game.

Yup, they lost by 7, turned down at least 6 easy in FG. Momentum would have been different had they got those points on the board.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was hard not to think of Kaepernick the way they were using him. I don't think they get away with that against better run defenses. But when it was working against us, why not keep doing it until we stop it?

I also couldn't help thinking Lance is going to be a real problem for us once he gets more comfortable in the NFL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson