Thaddeus Young to Phx

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got a little confused because I recall Thad being a stretch big with a decent shooting touch. He's never been a knock down outside shooter but seeing his abysmal 3pt % had me wondering where I got that idea. A big part of that seems to be his lack of attempts. He's shot 6 3's this year and last year he only shot 34. A total of 40 over 77 games isn't a great representation of what he can do. Over 4 seasons at his peak, where he shot over 100 a season, he made 35% and attempted 667. I'm not saying we want him to jack up 3's like EG but he should be able to knock down shots when open, giving us a big who can stretch the floor some. Eubanks and Azabuike can't while Bol is too raw to see crunch time minutes, especially as the only big.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a little confused because I recall Thad being a stretch big with a decent shooting touch. He's never been a knock down outside shooter but seeing his abysmal 3pt % had me wondering where I got that idea. A big part of that seems to be his lack of attempts. He's shot 6 3's this year and last year he only shot 34. A total of 40 over 77 games isn't a great representation of what he can do. Over 4 seasons at his peak, where he shot over 100 a season, he made 35% and attempted 667. I'm not saying we want him to jack up 3's like EG but he should be able to knock down shots when open, giving us a big who can stretch the floor some. Eubanks and Azabuike can't while Bol is too raw to see crunch time minutes, especially as the only big.
I don't recall ever being focused on his 3 point shooting. I just remember him taking good jump shots and being pretty accurate when he took them. I have never thought of him as a 3 point guy. Not even sure we need him form that perspective. If he provides timely and accurate mid-range jump shots I think he can contribute even without jacking up 3's. This team seems to struggle with easy buckets when 2 of the big 3 are on the bench. If he can hit wide open jumpers and give us easy buckets the bench will be better for it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would really like to know how much revenue the suns are taking in and how much money they are actually losing - because I don't care what Ishiba says he is only willing to lose what he can afford to lose.
They don't really give Isbia the check until the the league season is over, meaning if guys don't pick up their extensions, they come off the books. So we won't know the true number until later. It's all hypothetical assuming EVERYONE returns to the Suns.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't recall ever being focused on his 3 point shooting. I just remember him taking good jump shots and being pretty accurate when he took them. I have never thought of him as a 3 point guy. Not even sure we need him form that perspective. If he provides timely and accurate mid-range jump shots I think he can contribute even without jacking up 3's. This team seems to struggle with easy buckets when 2 of the big 3 are on the bench. If he can hit wide open jumpers and give us easy buckets the bench will be better for it.
He's a guy you want under the basket when shots go up to get those offensive rebounds.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
When was the last time Thad played? Does he even get garbage minutes? Great to see Bol Bol get steady minutes at least.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
When was the last time Thad played? Does he even get garbage minutes? Great to see Bol Bol get steady minutes at least.
A local radio sports guy, James Gambadoro says his Suns sources say Thad Young is a break in case case of emergency guy. Meaning we probably won't see him unless someone goes down with injury.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson