Thaddeus Young to Phx

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So have we signed him or not can’t find anything besides speculation at this point?
I believe we have two weeks from when the time of the trade was official that dropped us under 14 players. So there wasn't a rush, but the put up or shut up time for signing him comes soon.

Edited: They have to sign someone by the 22cnd which is this upcoming Thursday.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once agents agree to a deal, it's pretty much a sure thing so I'm not worried about it.

The way it looks to me, unless someone new is waived by another team, the Suns either convert Saban Lee to the standard roster or sign someone like Ish Smith.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the Suns adding Lee to the 15-man roster.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this going to happen?

Not a lot happens over All-Star Weekend. I expect to hear something official Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. He's traveling and needs to do a physical. It's as good as done but hasn't been made official for some reason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are to sign Thaddeus Young. He should be with the team Thursday for the game against the Mavericks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this going to happen?
Not a lot happens over All-Star Weekend. I expect to hear something official Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. He's traveling and needs to do a physical. It's as good as done but hasn't been made official for some reason.

Told ya. My sources met with me at Firehouse Subs and said Tuesday. I guess they got tired of Waffle House.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Told ya. My sources met with me at Firehouse Subs and said Tuesday. I guess they got tired of Waffle House.

WHAT??! I been cut from the meetings?? Here I was showing up at midnight to the Waffle House and no one came.. Can’t believe the higher ups did that to me.

I swear if we win it all this year, we should have a meeting/celebration at a Waffle House.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the media release on the Suns signing Thaddeus Young. He will wear #30.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:thud:

"The Suns are projected to pay a 1/4 billion in salary/tax penalties this season:

Salaries: $191M (3rd)

Tax penalty: $66.9M (3rd)"
I would really like to know how much revenue the suns are taking in and how much money they are actually losing - because I don't care what Ishiba says he is only willing to lose what he can afford to lose.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would really like to know how much revenue the suns are taking in and how much money they are actually losing - because I don't care what Ishiba says he is only willing to lose what he can afford to lose.
Huh? That's anybody no matter how rich they are. He just has more disposable income than most. I don't think anybody takes his statement as I am willing to go broke or sacrifice all of my businesses. Pretty sure he means within the parameters of what the league allows he is going to spend what he can.

Look at our Cap. He pretty much has proven that.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Huh? That's anybody no matter how rich they are. He just has more disposable income than most. I don't think anybody takes his statement as I am willing to go broke or sacrifice all of my businesses. Pretty sure he means within the parameters of what the league allows he is going to spend what he can.

Look at our Cap. He pretty much has proven that.

I agree and just want to add him dumping money would pay off for him if he brought home championships. All that will do is raise the team's value. I am guessing he would make all that money back if he was to sell the team with rings to go with it.