Thaddeus Young to Phx

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have no other big that can shoot from distance and provide length. He's a completely different player than Young.
Yet he won’t crack the rotation or be seen come playoff time. So what exactly is he doing for us other than providing additional insurance? Unless, you think he is going to kick one of the other guys out of the rotation? If so, curious who you think that is?

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yet he won’t crack the rotation or be seen come playoff time. So what exactly is he doing for us other than providing additional insurance? You think he is going to kick one of the other guys out of the rotation? If so, who?
He's not. He's a buyout candidate that at least fills a need if we have any unforseen problems.

I hoped to get Gallo to fill in one of those spots, and I won't be angry if we still end up signing him, but if the criteria for the 2nd open roster spot is the same as the one for Young, then you have to go playmaker/ball handler. Derrick Rose would be my first choice in that respect, but Delon Wright can fill that role as well. I just don't know if a guy like Wright would sign with us considering how little playing time he'd get when everyone is healthy. It's not like he's a steadying influence like Chris Paul. Rose fits that mold more.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet he won’t crack the rotation or be seen come playoff time. So what exactly is he doing for us other than providing additional insurance? You think he is going to kick one of the other guys out of the rotation? If so, who?

You've spoken to Vogel and James Jones about Gallo being in the rotation? Come on. No one thought Bol Bol would be as decent as he's been but here we are. I think Gallo does bring something to the table we dont have, a big shooter. To say he won't play is ridiculous given how Vogel's rotations are far from predictable.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've spoken to Vogel and James Jones about Gallo being in the rotation? Come on. No one thought Bol Bol would be as decent as he's been but here we are. I think Gallo does bring something to the table we dont have, a big shooter. To say he won't play is ridiculous given how Vogel's rotations are far from predictable.
Have you? Maybe you missed the part about IMO. The Suns are rumored to be trying to establish a solid 8 man rotation come playoff time. I am playing the numbers. I never said he would see zero minutes. That’s not the same thing as breaking into the regular rotation. I would imagine at some point they all eventually get off the bench before the playoffs.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I like the signing more than Lopez or bringing back Biyombo. He's not a game changer but I think he's better than Eubanks is most nights. We'll see what he's got left in the tank.
Depends on which Eubanks we're talking about because the early season/as of late Eubanks is a bit better imo but it's nice to have both specially if our bigs in foul trouble or injured

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have you? Maybe you missed the part about IMO. The Suns are rumored to be trying to establish a solid 8 man rotation come playoff time. I am playing the numbers. I never said he would see zero minutes. That’s not the same thing as breaking into the regular rotation. I would imagine at some point they all eventually get off the bench before the playoffs.

Nowhere in the post I quoted did you say "IMO" or anything like that. You said he won't crack the rotation or be seen in the playoffs. You didn't say you dont think he will or give any implications that was your opinion.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nowhere in the post I quoted did you say "IMO" or anything like that. You said he won't crack the rotation or be seen in the playoffs. You didn't say you dont think he will or give any implications that was your opinion.
If Lob Lob continues his upward trajectory, I don't see Young getting many playoff minutes. Of course, that is depending on matchups. I like him possibly playing a small role against the Nuggets, but not so sure about a series against the Clippers or Kings.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Redundant? With who? Durant is the only other player on the team with Gallo's length and shooting ability. Our championship hopes are dependent on players who can hit wide open 3's. Gallo is a proven 3 point threat. What other big do we have that can shoot 3's?
He is also a defensive black hole.

I don't really understand the need for Gallo, would much rather go with Delon Wright.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeebus. Here we go again. Nowhere did I state anything as FACT.

“I bet he won’t be part of the rotation.”

That is an opinion. I am not going to repeat and clarify for you on an ongoing discussion that it’s my opinion. Who keeps repeating that for every subsequent post in the same discussion?

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't really understand the need for Gallo, would much rather go with Delon Wright.
That’s what I was hearing on the radio as well. They said he has a hard time moving now. The first thing that came to mind is that we have enough standing around on this team. Again, though have not seen him play recently.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Same. No to Gallo. Another guy we’ve been rumored to, too many times. It’s the defense part for me, we have enough of those guys that can get a shot up and aren’t known for their defense. If we thought Thad was a shell we’ll Gallo says hold my prune juice.

I still do think Lopez should and will be our best option to fill out the roster. You just cannot find someone still mostly mobile lol, and with height and length.

The more i watch Thad the more I like the signing. I do think he gives us some nice flexibility to play some small center. He sets screens and rolls well, him finding passing lanes to get the ball will be nice with Beal. He plays much bigger than he’s listed as too.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeebus. Here we go again. Nowhere did I state anything as FACT.

“I bet he won’t be part of the rotation.”

That is an opinion. I am not going to repeat and clarify for you on an ongoing discussion that it’s my opinion. Who keeps repeating that for every subsequent post in the same discussion?

That's not what you said. Re-read that first line and tell me where "bet" is or even "in my opinion".

Yet he won’t crack the rotation or be seen come playoff time. So what exactly is he doing for us other than providing additional insurance? Unless, you think he is going to kick one of the other guys out of the rotation? If so, curious who you think that is?

Rather than admit you misspoke you keep doubling down claiming you didn't say that when it's there for anyone to see.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not what you said. Re-read that first line and tell me where "bet" is or even "in my opinion".

Rather than admit you misspoke you keep doubling down claiming you didn't say that when it's there for anyone to see.
Are you for real right now? I literally quoted one of my posts IN THE SAME DISCUSSION. #41. So yeah going to quadruple down because it’s there.

Let me help you because evidently your mouse is broken or you can’t follow the progression of the discussion. The quote came from:
https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/thaddeus-young-to-phx.546041/post-5319634

Opinion. Same discussion. Double Jeebus.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you for real right now? I literally quoted one of my posts IN THE SAME DISCUSSION. #41. So yeah going to quadruple down because it’s there.

Let me help you because evidently your mouse is broken or you can’t follow the progression of the discussion. The quote came from:
https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/thaddeus-young-to-phx.546041/post-5319634

Opinion. Same discussion. Double Jeebus.

An edited post? Ok. Sure. After stating he's going to ride the bench you say he won't be part of the playoff rotation in your opinion. Still doesn't change how you started as if stating facts, saying Gallo will ride the bench or the many other posts where you speak as if you're stating objective facts.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
An edited post? Ok. Sure. After stating he's going to ride the bench you say he won't be part of the playoff rotation in your opinion. Still doesn't change how you started as if stating facts, saying Gallo will ride the bench or the many other posts where you speak as if you're stating objective facts.
Oh now you see it after not seeing it. So now who is doubling down after missing it?

I will be sure to put “IMO” for every subsequent post in a discussion so you can follow along.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the signing more than Lopez or bringing back Biyombo. He's not a game changer but I think he's better than Eubanks is most nights. We'll see what he's got left in the tank.

Eubanks had a stretch there where it seemed like he forgot how to play basketball, but he's a lot better than Lopez at this point. Lopez is a statue as a defender and completely useless on offense. As poor as Eubanks rebounding numbers are, Lopez's have been much much worse for the last several years.

He's done.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eubanks had a stretch there where it seemed like he forgot how to play basketball, but he's a lot better than Lopez at this point. Lopez is a statue as a defender and completely useless on offense. As poor as Eubanks rebounding numbers are, Lopez's have been much much worse for the last several years.

He's done.
You don’t think Lopez could Head up the Sun’s book club?

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's done.

Eubanks is so up and down that he can't be counted on. I'd prefer Young as a small ball Center most nights. Young isn't a great shooter but he can pop middies while Eubanks can't score outside of the paint. Depth in the frontcourt has been needed for years now and even if Young is behind Eubanks on the depth chart, I'd rather have him than not.

Seeing Lopez in that Bucks game vs the Suns I was surprised he was starting and thought he'd show something, especially when he pulled up for a corner 3, but you're right in that he's done. He'd be more insurance and 6 fouls than a contributor but I believe Young might actually have a shot at being an impact player occasionally.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

It's a message board for fans. Safe to say that at least 90% of the stuff we say is opinion. In my opinion..

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's done.
Yeah I have zero interest in Robin (or Gallo for that matter).

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Agree! When Nurkic goes out we lose the connector passes and assists from Nurkic. Thad Young could be a great guy off the bench to play that Nurkic role on offense.