Terrelle Smith vs. Ray Lewis.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I would have to say that Smith has been one of the most under rated aspects of our running game this year. The guy is a flat out beast.

When we first signed Smith I checked out a few CLE boards to get a feel for him as a player. One thing that came up often:

Smith loves going at it with Ray Lewis and has had the better of him a number of times.

I can't wait for Sunday.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Is Al Johnson playing?

Re-watching the Seattle game...

Sendlein and Wells are the weak link and Wells will get Leinart killed.

Sendlein is a rookie but Wells is just bad...he is missing blocks and allowing his man to make tackles.

I can't imagine Wells will be starting next year. Alan Faneca?

The Ravens are so intense...this week will look much different for us.

But I still think we win.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TCF, no Johnson is not playing.

Your recording of the Seattle game must have had different views of the action than mine. Last time I looked at mine, Sendlein and Wells got Leinart sacked 0 times. What does yours show?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't the Jets have a rookie sixth round pick starting at guard where Kendall would have played? The Jets almost beat the Ravens with the guard and Kevins Cleamons or whatever his name is. Cards have a shot.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I believe we have a GOOD shot.

In my best Marko Ramius voice:

"I give us....... one chance in three".

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't the Jets have a rookie sixth round pick starting at guard where Kendall would have played? The Jets almost beat the Ravens with the guard and Kevins Cleamons or whatever his name is. Cards have a shot.
You just made my day with that post. Yeah, my buddy Jake Bender is who you are talking about. He didn't play all of the snaps though against B'more. Dont get it mixed up though. i have known this guy for 15 years and he is the real deal. The knock on him was that he went to a small school, but he is big, mean and strong as hell. We got into a fight after a high school football game when guys from the other team tried to roll up in our party and he calmly walked outside, flipped their truck over by himself and politely asked them to leave.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
TCF, no Johnson is not playing.

Your recording of the Seattle game must have had different views of the action than mine. Last time I looked at mine, Sendlein and Wells got Leinart sacked 0 times. What does yours show?

I watched the game and focused on each player along the oline take every snap (rewind...play....rewind...play, 5 times for each snap).

Seattle is not Baltimore.

Mine showed Wells allowing pressure on Leinart (causing him to throw early or hurry his motion causing alot of incompletes). Wells also didn't stay on a few blocks, allowing his man to make the tackle.

Sendlein is just making rookie mistakes and at least you can tell he realizes at the time (hand claps in frustration) and wants to improve. I like him but he missed some blocks and from what I could see, missed a couple of line calls.

Let not get too giddy.

This might be the best oline we have had since the move to AZ. But we still have 2 rookies and a 2nd year guy.

I am not being a darksider here...I love the improvement.

Wells is a liablility and Sendlien is inexperienced. The Ravens will attack those two spots and Leinart better be super quick with his reads.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the game and focused on each player along the oline take every snap (rewind...play....rewind...play, 5 times for each snap).

Seattle is not Baltimore.

Mine showed Wells allowing pressure on Leinart (causing him to throw early or hurry his motion causing alot of incompletes). Wells also didn't stay on a few blocks, allowing his man to make the tackle.

Sendlein is just making rookie mistakes and at least you can tell he realizes at the time (hand claps in frustration) and wants to improve. I like him but he missed some blocks and from what I could see, missed a couple of line calls.

Let not get too giddy.

This might be the best oline we have had since the move to AZ. But we still have 2 rookies and a 2nd year guy.

I am not being a darksider here...I love the improvement.

Wells is a liablility and Sendlien is inexperienced. The Ravens will attack those two spots and Leinart better be super quick with his reads.

Hey, I thank you for that post. This is the time of the week, I start getting too hopeful. It builds and builds until gameday. Only to come crashing down when the Cards are down 14 in the first quarter on the road.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Is Al Johnson playing?

Re-watching the Seattle game...

Sendlein and Wells are the weak link and Wells will get Leinart killed.

Sendlein is a rookie but Wells is just bad...he is missing blocks and allowing his man to make tackles.

I can't imagine Wells will be starting next year. Alan Faneca?

The Ravens are so intense...this week will look much different for us.

But I still think we win.

I really think that you're spot on with Faneca. He apparently loves Grimm, and Wells (as much as I love the guy), is definitely the wink link on the team. As long as Gandy continues to play as well as he has, I think that we'll have one of the best lines in the game if Faneca comes to town.

PrescottLooie

Registered
Reaction score
CardFan, regarding your OL analysis, DRC didn't do his analysis this week, or did I miss it ? Would like to see what he has to say for comparative purposes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard