Talk of rule changes

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see a DB tackle a WR on a last play 60 yard Hail Mary & then win the game.

Well, that wouldn't win the game. In that scenario there would be another Hail Mary attempt 15 yards closer to the goal. Refs don't currently call obvious PIs on a Hail Mary because they don't want that to determine the outcome, but perhaps with only a 15 yard penalty they would be more inclined to flag it and give the offense another shot.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Sources: After deep discussion over the past two days about taking the head out of the game, the NFL competition committee is currently formulating language on a targeting rule that could go to a vote as soon as today.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve Wyche
@wyche89

Coaches and GMs I spoke with said they are all for the NFL’s lowering the head/targeting rule - including in-game ejections. They have to coach new techniques. Players will adjust. A GM and coach told me that this is the best measure that has been taken to reduce head injuries

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Steve Wyche
@wyche89

Coaches and GMs I spoke with said they are all for the NFL’s lowering the head/targeting rule - including in-game ejections. They have to coach new techniques. Players will adjust. A GM and coach told me that this is the best measure that has been taken to reduce head injuries
hell, they dont even have time to coach old techniques...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First day of NFL sessions is focused on the new helmet hit rule, largely on interior line play and how it will be impacted and how the new rule will be enforced. Wednesday will focus on kickoffs.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn