Possible Cardinal's draft pick #49 - Dyami Brown WR North Carolina

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
Dyami Brown, 6' 1" 189, 4.44/40, Dynamic wide receiver, with speedy acceleration, double moves aficionado, very quick releases, and great burst out of his breaks.
I believe he is the 3rd or 4th best receiver in the draft that is being overlooked of what I know, haven't seen his name mentioned, except for Mich on one of his drafts.
Read the attached information.

DYAMI BROWN | North Carolina 6005 | 189 lbs. | JR. Charlotte, N.C. (West Mecklenburg) 11/1/1999 (age 21.49) #2 BACKGROUND: Dyami (dee-AH-mee) Brown attended West Mecklenburg High School, which is located just west of downtown Charlotte. He saw immediate varsity reps as a freshman and split his time between multiple positions on offense, including quarterback. As a junior, Brown finished with 999 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns, adding 25 tackles and five interceptions at cornerback and a punt return touchdown on special teams. He led West Mecklenburg to the second round of the state 4A playoffs as a senior, finishing with 41 catches for 631 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2017, adding five rushing scores. Brown was also a standout on the track team in high school, setting personal bests in the 100 meters (10.78), 200 meters (21.85) and 400 meters (52.40). A four-star recruit out of high school, Brown was the No. 8 athlete in the class and the No. 9 recruit in the state of North Carolina. He started to receive scholarship offers as a sophomore and collected several high-profile offers from programs like Alabama, Florida and Ohio State. Brown narrowed his choice to North Carolina and Virginia Tech, committing to the Tar Heels. His younger brother (Khafre) is a rising redshirt sophomore receiver at North Carolina (head coach Mack Brown: “They’re probably the fastest two players on our team.”). His mother (Tamiko Patterson) ran track at Christopher Newport University and won the 1997 NCAA Division III indoor track national championship in the triple-jump and long jump and finished third in the 55-meter dash. Brown elected to skip the bowl game and leave school early for the 2021 NFL Draft. YEAR (GP/GS) REC YDS AVG TD NOTES 2018: (10/6) 17 173 10.2 1 2019: (13/13) 51 1,034 20.3 12 Third Team All-ACC; Tied single-season school-record for receiving TDs (12); Led team in receiving yards and TDs 2020: (11/11) 55 1,099 20.0 8 First Team All-ACC; Led ACC in receiving yards Total: (34/30) 123 2,306 18.7 21 HT WT ARM HAND WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP COMBINE N/A (Combine canceled) PRO DAY 6005 189 32 3/4 9 5/8 77 1/4 4.44 2.61 1.57 35 1/2 10’8” 4.35 6.85 18 STRENGTHS: Speedy acceleration…double-move aficionado, using body jabs or hesitation to force corners to settle their feet…quick releases and out of his breaks, separating with burst off his plant foot…big-play creator (five receptions of 50-plus yards in 2020)…athletic catch-and-go target…fluid adjustment skills and throws behind him or above his eye level don’t bother him…attacks the ball with his hands…improved timing and feel as a route-runner…flashes some toughness as a YAC threat…reliable effort as a blocker…productive career as the only player in school history with multiple 1,000-yard receiving seasons and the only player with multiple 200-yard receiving games…no stranger to the end zone with his 21 career receiving touchdowns the second-most in North Carolina history. WEAKNESSES: Ordinary size and play strength for the position…physical corners will get him uncomfortable…too many focus drops on his film (combined 15 drops the last two seasons)…inconsistent tracking skills on deep shots, occasionally slowing when he should be running through the pass…too much bend on digs and out routes and has room to sharpen his footwork…will be flagged for pushing off before the ball arrives.[46] SUMMARY: A two-year starter at North Carolina, Brown lined up at left wide receiver in offensive coordinator Phil Longo’s scheme, establishing himself as the offense’s go-to downfield threat. The only player in school history with multiple 1,000-yard receiving seasons, he averaged over 20.0 yards per catch the last two years and his 18.7 career average is second-best in program history. An above average athlete, Brown has excellent one-cut acceleration and separation quickness, and he is highly skilled at the double-move (head jab, quick settling of his feet, etc.). Some scouts have questioned whether he has the play strength to make a living on the outside vs. NFL corners. Overall, Brown isn’t as reliable (yet) as Stefon Diggs, but he has similar size, speed and fluid adjustment skills. He projects as a starting-level NFL receiver with the big-play ability to rack up touchdowns. GRADE: 2nd-3rd Round

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think he will be available, but a guy I'd love at 49 is Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore. He's going to be a good NFL WR.
That’s interesting, I think I’ve seen Moore going before Dyami more frequently in recent mocks.

Reactions: PJ1

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I don't think he will be available, but a guy I'd love at 49 is Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore. He's going to be a good NFL WR.
agree

its kinda about what you want

Dyami can play outside or inside

Moore seems like a pure slot

given the Cards have neither under contract after this year, either would help

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I wish the Cardinals would just trade up in the draft and grab Pat Freiermuth TE out of Penn State. It would resolve our TE situation and give the team a weapon similar to what Gronk did in NE and what Kelce and Kittle do for their teams now. I think he would still be available in round two but would be gone before you got to the Cardinal's selection.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I wish the Cardinals would just trade up in the draft and grab Pat Freiermuth TE out of Penn State. It would resolve our TE situation and give the team a weapon similar to what Gronk did in NE and what Kelce and Kittle do for their teams now. I think he would still be available in round two but would be gone before you got to the Cardinal's selection.
I’d love that guy. Don’t know if I would put Gronk/Kittle/Kelce expectations on him. But I get the point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose