Superman Script

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out here in Los Angeles (or any where else for that matter) had the displeasure of reading the Superman script by J.J. Abrams? I know that the outpouring of venom over this script is old news, but I just read it for the first time and I was horrified by it. Any other thoughts on it?

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, it was pretty horrible. That was the one where Luthor was a government agent (as well as a Kryptonian) and Krypton looked like Naboo, right?

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got it thru my production co. Man is it bad!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Just a bit of advice:

Don't believe everything you read on the Ain't It Cool News website.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Chap - I just read the draft two nights ago - I don't know if they are still going with that script - but it definitely existed and is still ciruclating as it was in the hands of a talent manager where I work - even if it's some sort of variation of that script - that thing was ridiculously bad - I have never seen a script where the writer resorted to describing the music in scenes to convey emotion because what was written on the page just wasn't cutting it. Have you read that draft Moriarty posted about? Just curious as to what your thoughts were if you had.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I have not read it, so I can't comment on it--but I don't find it surprising that it sucks...

As a point of reference, about 4 or 5 years ago I read the "supposed" script for Indiana Jones 4, and it sucked--it was about Noah's Ark.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
They can produce the most awesome script possible but if Nic Cage is tapped to play Superman it will suck.

Speaking of, did Kevin Smith's Superman script ever make it to the internet?

Djaughe

Reaction score
Looks like another director has bailed on the Superman movie. He wanted to film it in NYC while the studio wants it in australia....

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the JJ Abrahms script has been scrapped, and Nick Cage hasn't been attached to Superman for a while now (although his is attached to Ghost Rider). Smith's script was on the Internet a couple of years ago, so I'm sure you can find it somewhere. I remeber reading it and thinking it was just okay; it was called Superman Lives and based loosely on the Death of Superman storyline(except Braniac was the major villain). I think this was when Burton was attached to direct, Cage as Supes, and ...wait for it... Tim Allen (yes, "tooltime tim") was attached as Braniac.