Superliga

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone watch either of the two Superliga games last night? Those games were easily the two of the best games I have ever seen involving Major League Soccer. The first game was FC Dallas vs. Chivas Guadalajara. It was a pretty even match until early in the 2nd half when Dallas scored. Chivas scored on a controversial hand ball deflection and there was a fight brought on by a Chivas elbow by to FC Dallas's Chris Moor. Moor retaliated by punching him in the throat..very Zidane like. The game had more intensity and action then any game so far this year.

Game two was Pachuca vs. the LA Galaxy at the Home Depot Center. The Galaxy broke the scoreless tie with a sweet cross by Donovan buried by Alan Gordon. Pachuca dominated statistically with possession and shots on goal and tied it with at about the 75 minute mark, but the galaxy answered on a Donovan goal with an assist from Cobi Jones. Unbelievable game.

I didnt know what to think of Superliga at first, but the first night was freaking awesome. i encourage everyone to watch DC United against Morelia nd the Dynamo vs Club America. If its anything like last night it should be awesome. The first game starts at 5pm on Telefutura or MLSNET.com.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have watched these.

OT: When I asked a Russian-sounding guy at the chicagosoccer.com store in my neighborhood about Blanco playing for the Fire, he said, "Crap!" As in the Blanco is crap.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I should have watched these.

OT: When I asked a Russian-sounding guy at the chicagosoccer.com store in my neighborhood about Blanco playing for the Fire, he said, "Crap!" As in the Blanco is crap.

Hahaha. Blanco is crap? It only took him 30 minutes of his crappy playing to score his first, and beautiful, goal for the Fire vs. Celtic. Check out this "crappy" goal. He dominated while he was on the field, making that sorry team look respectable. Chicago Fire's website has a better quality video. It was a great goal.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uyHqPwpLeXw

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/soccer/fire/479625,CST-SPT-fire23.article

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He'll be fun to watch. He's got plenty left. Are they selling a lot of Blanco jerseys out there?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'll be fun to watch. He's got plenty left. Are they selling a lot of Blanco jerseys out there?
Relatively speaking, I think they are. It is hard to say really. But the game I went to lots of people had Blanco jerseys, so I guess that is good.

OT: I got a sweet replica Roma jersey for $40 bucks yesterday. It was 50% off, but I call huge markup prior to the discount.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nice find. I grabbed a Torino FC jersey off ebay for 11 bucks over the weekend. I have to support my relative's hometown squad.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chivas Guadalajara vs. LA Galaxy tonight at 7pm Pacific from the LA Coliseum. This match should be unreal.

SouthEndZoner

Registered
Reaction score
Did any of you guys watch the Dallas vs. Galaxy game last night? What an ending! Dallas would NOT give up. I'm really surprised at the intensity at which all of these teams are playing at. Final score last night was Galaxy 6- FC Dallas 5

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That game was crazy. Donovan's goal and throat slash was unreal. The goals just kept coming. The offsides call on Carlos Ruiz negated an unbelievable goal.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
That game was crazy. Donovan's goal and throat slash was unreal. The goals just kept coming. The offsides call on Carlos Ruiz negated an unbelievable goal.

I watched the second half of the match and it was nuts! Donovan's goal was awesome and his hushing of the crowd and throat slash while mouthing the words "Game over!" was hilarious. That crown ripped into him with the boos. What an awesome game and an offensive explosion by both teams. Unreal...

Man I hope Phx gets a team here!!

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This tournament has really turned out to be a great idea. Hopefully this will carry on and eventually lead to a US team in the Copa Libertadores.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Back in action tonight... Houston Dynamo vs. Pachuco with the winner going to the final. Tomorrow has LA Galaxy vs. DC United.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Pachuca beats LA in the final in a shootout after a 1-1 score. Check out Chris Kleins goal in the highlights if you can find it--pretty awesome bicycle kick.

Beckham was injured, this time a sprained knee, so now on top of his ankle injury he has an injured knee. I have a feeling he won't play the rest of the season.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was a great game. It would have been a story book ending if Landon would have buried the PK. It was cool to see the Galaxy comeback in the second half and try to win one for their coach. Looks like Yallop is out and Klinsmann is in. Lalas is a moron.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a great game. It would have been a story book ending if Landon would have buried the PK. It was cool to see the Galaxy comeback in the second half and try to win one for their coach. Looks like Yallop is out and Klinsmann is in. Lalas is a moron.
Landon missed a PK? :bang:

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The game went to PK's (whatever you want to call it) and Landon had a chance to end it. He struck it left and the keeper deflected it. The following try by Pachuca was in, then Xavier came up and hit a shot into Laguna Beach. So much emotion, such a great comeback, and oh what could have been. Donovan looked devastated afterward.

SouthEndZoner

Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't believe Donovan missed....Xavier missing didn't really surprise me. I liked how Beckham acted like a head coach on the sidelines. I think he'll be a good coach someday judging by how he was in the ref's face during the break between OT halves.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort