Superbowl trip

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a ticket to San Francisco immediately after (if) the Cards win. Anyone else thinking of going for that weekend?

For some reason btw, the Panthers don't intimidate me and I am expecting that we'll make it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Me, cheese, brother-who-shall-not-post, and our dad have already bought our airline tix to Oakland.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Last time we bought our plane tix to Tampa as soon as we saw the eagles won to give us the NFC championship game at home.
As long as more Panther fans than Cardinal fans are doing this sort of thing we're OK.

sent from a fone

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep I'm going. Was pricing out hotels before the SEA game and the prices were stupid.

If I can score tix in the lottery again great, but I may still buy 2nd hand for better seats. Was four or five rows from the top in Tampa.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget flying. It's only an 11 hour drive. Road trip !!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I'm going. Was pricing out hotels before the SEA game and the prices were stupid.

If I can score tix in the lottery again great, but I may still buy 2nd hand for better seats. Was four or five rows from the top in Tampa.

Same here. We could smell the fumes from the jets fly over in Tampa.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you flying to Oakland? San Jose is spitting distance from Santa Clara.

I'm sure cost.. That's why I flew into Orlando instead of Tampa in 2008 the price difference was HUGE even hotels were hugely inflated due to SB.. I stayed in Orlando for 4 nights the hour drive was nothing I saved bigggg $$$$

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure cost.. That's why I flew into Orlando instead of Tampa in 2008 the price difference was HUGE even hotels were hugely inflated due to SB.. I stayed in Orlando for 4 nights the hour drive was nothing I saved bigggg $$$$

We flew to Orlando also, but stayed in Lakeland.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Same here. Plus my buddy's uncle owned a second home in Orlando (that was available) so our housing was covered.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Sunday of the bye week at 7:10 AM I awoke to a gaggle of text messages from my mother (who became an absolute die hard fan since I took her to the the 2010 playoff game vs the packers) saying she had booked all of our airline tickets to Santa Clara with her massive stack of Southwest points. I sent her one message about how her actions are going to jinx us and was very quickly put in my place in only the way a mother can do.

She made a great point: it's only a jinx if that's what you believe.

So yeah, I was told I will be there. I am not about to argue with the woman who gave me life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Forget flying. It's only an 11 hour drive. Road trip !!

I tried to convince my buddy that we should rent a motor home and hire one of our friends to drive us so we can do a 13 hour pregame but he wouldn't bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

We flew to Orlando also, but stayed in Lakeland.

We did the same thing, but stayed in Kissimmee. It was a whole lot cheaper.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's that long of a drive? Figured it would be the same amount of time as if driving to San Diego. 6 hours...

Twice as far. About 360 miles to San Diego and it is 733 miles to Santa Clara.

We have driven to the Santa Clara County Fair twice. It is located in San Jose and was about a 10.5-hour drive.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've been to 2 Super Bowls - San Diego/SF in '94 (Jan '95) and Seahags/Steelers in '06 (Feb '07). Both were corporate trips, fully paid for. I'd NEVER go on my own dime, not even to see the Cardinals. The costs are beyond astronomical, and the NFL controls EVERYTHING. In Detroit, when they went to find a steak house to host our Saturday dinner (for a total posse of about 60 people), one joint wanted $25k extra - on TOP of all OTHER charges, just because it was SB weekend! Funkdat. The game itself winds up being anti-climactic. We paid $4500 apiece for the Detroit tickets (40 yard line, spectacular seats). Can only imagine what similar seats would sell for in Santa Clara this year.

If you want to go, that's awesome - just be prepared to be separated from insane amounts of cash, everywhere you go.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been to 2 Super Bowls - San Diego/SF in '94 (Jan '95) and Seahags/Steelers in '06 (Feb '07). Both were corporate trips, fully paid for. I'd NEVER go on my own dime, not even to see the Cardinals. The costs are beyond astronomical, and the NFL controls EVERYTHING. In Detroit, when they went to find a steak house to host our Saturday dinner (for a total posse of about 60 people), one joint wanted $25k extra - on TOP of all OTHER charges, just because it was SB weekend! Funkdat. The game itself winds up being anti-climactic. We paid $4500 apiece for the Detroit tickets (40 yard line, spectacular seats). Can only imagine what similar seats would sell for in Santa Clara this year.

If you want to go, that's awesome - just be prepared to be separated from insane amounts of cash, everywhere you go.

We got tickets for face value ($800 each) for Tampa. Tickets, airfare, rental car, a hotel, touristy type stuff, souvenirs, etc. and we still didn't even spend $3500. Worth every penny.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our crew paid full price for the Tampa trip....
I always said 'If the Cards go...I'll go.' ...yea I'm over that. I look at the tickets right now $3650 for the cheapest seat then the room and board plus flight.
I could have a full European vacation instead...
IF and only IF we win the lotto as season ticket holders and get face value will we consider it.

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score

There's no way I have that kind of money to pay for a SB ticket. I will be staying at my friends apartment (downtown SF) and basically my whole goal is to go to bars and drink all the time with my Cardinals swag on, and then outside the stadium once the game starts.

But lets win Sunday first.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's no way I have that kind of money to pay for a SB ticket. I will be staying at my friends apartment (downtown SF) and basically my whole goal is to go to bars and drink all the time with my Cardinals swag on, and then outside the stadium once the game starts.

But lets win Sunday first.

I agree. First and foremost, we need to win Sunday. I'm waiting until that happens to get serious.
I have never been to a Superbowl (other than when I was living in Tempe and the Super bowls were in town). A lot of things would have to fall into place for me to go (i.e. being drawn for tickets, etc...). I don't think I could ever justify spending multi thousands of dollars for tickets alone.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got tickets for face value ($800 each) for Tampa. Tickets, airfare, rental car, a hotel, touristy type stuff, souvenirs, etc. and we still didn't even spend $3500. Worth every penny.

Would you have spent more if it guaranteed the a Cards victory???

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The usual reminders. 45 miles from SF to Santa Clara, that can be 2 hours in bad traffic. The stadium is just off Tasman and Great America. Tasman will be closed game day. I live about 4 blocks north of there off Tasman it won't be closed near me but just 2 blocks south it will be.

They are going out of their way to make people take transit to get there.

Last I heard cheapest advertised tix were over 3K. Maybe as Cards season ticket holders you can get a better deal?

Anybody that intends to drink before they go definitely be smart, I'm hearing they are going to do big crackdowns both on DUI's and public drunkenness, that means if they think you are drunk, they will not let you in the game.