Suns @ Warriors Wednesday game thread 3-30-2022

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors want to make a statement tonight. I expect them to play their best.

I hope so but without Steph they have been pretty bad. The Suns defense figures to make it very hard on them. You never know but I'm expecting a 25 point loss.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope so but without Steph they have been pretty bad. The Suns defense figures to make it very hard on them. You never know but I'm expecting a 25 point loss.

The Warriors will be sky high for this game. They are capable of playing well without Curry like the Suns were without Paul.

They also have Draymond Green, Klay Thompson and Iggy back who haven't played together for years.

The key for the Suns is to withstand the onslaught and grind out a win.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pau Gasol joining Warriors?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was half expecting them to try and get Bogut to come back and play but Gasol seems like a pipe dream he's 41.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was half expecting them to try and get Bogut to come back and play but Gasol seems like a pipe dream he's 41.

It's probably more about adding veteran depth than anything else with Draymond Green back. Since Wiseman is out, anything is a plus. I have no idea what Gasol has left in the tank.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No Steph, and we are only favored by 4.5.

I find that insulting.

If the Suns don't win by 15+ I am going to be pissed.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Warriors will be sky high for this game. They are capable of playing well without Curry like the Suns were without Paul.

They also have Draymond Green, Klay Thompson and Iggy back who haven't played together for years.

Really? Where is the evidence for that?

They are 1-6 in the last 7 games where Steph hasn't played.

I get they may want to try and prove a point, but without steph I don't think they are capable of it. And I am pretty sure the Suns also want to make a point.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I get they may want to try and prove a point, but without steph I don't think they are capable of it. And I am pretty sure the Suns also want to make a point.

I already pointed out the Warriors have Green, Iggy and Thompson back together. The Warriors are going to be sky high for this game. They want to prove they are ready for the playoffs. One can't prove something that hasn't happened.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably more about adding veteran depth than anything else with Draymond Green back. Since Wiseman is out, anything is a plus. I have no idea what Gasol has left in the tank.

Marc Gasol I'd take, Pau I think is done.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Trap game? I would think that but this Suns team just seems to be focused.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Then why haven't they? Steph is the life of their offense. They can obviously still find some form defensively, but if the Suns are motivated I just don't see this being particularly competitive.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Then why haven't they? Steph is the life of their offense. They can obviously still find some form defensively, but if the Suns are motivated I just don't see this being particularly competitive.
Right. These aren't the Kings that want to be a spoiler. They will be motivated against us, sure, but why wouldn't they against Memphis or any of the other teams they've played? That doesn't make sense. Especially Memphis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Warriors are more than Stephen Curry. They will want to prove that tonight.

I expect a tough game. If not so much the better.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
The Warriors can be motivated all they want. The Suns are going to put them in their place tonight. Show them what the real deal looks like. The Suns owe these chumps. I'd be surprised if we don't embarrass them tonight.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I already pointed out the Warriors have Green, Iggy and Thompson back together. The Warriors are going to be sky high for this game. They want to prove they are ready for the playoffs. One can't prove something that hasn't happened.
Green will help, but not on the offensive end.

Iggy is useless and a net negative. Thompson is no better than Poole or Wiggens who he is taking minutes from.

Warriors just got blown out by Memphis by 28 and Memphis were favored by 11.5.

Suns are not getting the respect they deserve.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think GS struggles in this game they may find a point in the game where they are clicking but I expect the Suns to win by double digits.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be crushed if we lost tonight and it gives a better chance that GS gets the 3 seed. I do think Curry is being rested and will be ready to go for the playoffs. We’d beat them in a second round matchup, but it would be a tougher series than versus Dallas or Utah.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. These aren't the Kings that want to be a spoiler. They will be motivated against us, sure, but why wouldn't they against Memphis or any of the other teams they've played? That doesn't make sense. Especially Memphis.
they didn’t have Klay or Draymond against the Grizz. That’s a difference tonight. I don’t know how much, but those guys back in the lineup shows they’re a little motivated to win tonight as opposed to their lay down against the Grizz.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Came down with flu few days ago .... cold symptoms suckkkkkkk lol hope suns make me feel bit better with a nice w vs curry warriors

Wantin to see nic gms from cp3 dbooksizzl jkin lol and da

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Iffe Lundberg talks postively about his new teammates.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I watched the 38 pt gm highligh overseas looks like could have a last roster spot potiential

Work your way up kid succedd on suns :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns would have to waive a player on the roster to make Gabriel eligible for the playoffs.

He is on a two-way contract as is Ish Wainright.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched the 38 pt gm highligh overseas looks like could have a last roster spot potiential

Work your way up kid succedd on suns :)
He is strong. He has skills. He plays with a sense of control--fast but not in a hurry (as John Wooden used to say). There is an efficient smoothness to his game. The Suns player in the past that struck me with that kind of efficient smoothness was Walter Davis, although CP3 plays that way too. No movement is wasted. Not a lot of pump faking and holding the ball. Not a lot of pointless bouncing of the ball. It will be interesting to see what his defense looks like.

You just can never know for sure how a European player will do until they actually play NBA games. However, he kinda reminds of Bogdan.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is strong. He has skills. He plays with a sense of control--fast but not in a hurry (as John Wooden used to say). There is an efficient smoothness to his game. The Suns player in the past that struck me with that kind of efficient smoothness was Walter Davis, although CP3 plays that way too. No movement is wasted. Not a lot of pump faking and holding the ball. Not a lot of pointless bouncing of the ball. It will be interesting to see what his defense looks like.

You just can never know for sure how a European player will do until they actually play NBA games. However, he kinda reminds of Bogdan.
Yup hop he bit better than omg barf dragon bender lol