Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need a G-League team to properly develop Two-Way players as well as potentially finding an undrafted gem. I know we own few picks but a G-League team is needed. Azabuike, Maledon, and Saban Lee could all use reps. I'd also like to see some guys like Little sent down for assignment or Goodwin would have been a good candidate. Roddy should see some G-League time as well. It's not just players you draft but those you sign and acquire by trade.

I hope the Suns beef up their scouting and find some hidden gems to develop as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones says the Suns will be looking to get better and he will be looking at players who have had postseason success.

I haven't seen a video clip of James Jones in forever.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones says the Suns will be looking to get better and he will be looking at players who have had postseason success.

I haven't seen a video clip of James Jones in forever.

That would seem to narrow the list that’s out there considerably no?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chokers and innocent bystanders need not apply

I will post this video of James Jones here as well. When talking about the trade deadline, he reminded me of the quote about the cat who ate the canary.

He had a lot of stuff going on. Good for him. I'm glad to see him again, it's been awhile.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
There was a lot of uncertainty in the summer, how an effective winning concept around our big-3 shall evolve. On paper our min. signings all made sense, KBD was even perceived by many as the potential 5th starter. It turns out that Vogel's idea to have all rotation players above 6'4" to allow seamless switch on D is the core element to stick to. The remaining main problem on D is to properly recognize and communicate when and how swiching and recovery is needed, such as when forced to be double-teaming.
Our new guys including Little are weak at that, and Yuta and Metu are even inferior individual defenders at their prospective positions. KBD is a bit better and improving. But O'Neale is the vet that has perfect understanding of the game for that very purpose, despite not being athletic enough to be the POA defender. When Book improves on this, then the lack in size of our core roster on D can be compensated with sufficient athleticsm and savvy and preparation, to provide a solid foundation, so that our superior offense can win us games. I'm optimistic in our chance this year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just found out we are the ONLY team that increased their tax bill this trade deadline. Everyone else either reduced theirs or stayed the same. That’s crazy to me. Ishbia is still doing right. James Jones even said, ‘It’s just money.’ What a refreshing outlook.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Those were the days when the NBA draft was fun:
You must be registered for see images attach
Robin Lopez turned out to be a decently serviceable Center. If we had kept him and Len, would we have drafted Ayton?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just found out we are the ONLY team that increased their tax bill this trade deadline. Everyone else either reduced theirs or stayed the same. That’s crazy to me. Ishbia is still doing right. James Jones even said, ‘It’s just money.’ What a refreshing outlook.
Gambo's sources say the plan is to resign Allen. If Royce works out I believe that will be the same. It's not only keeping good players, but building trade assets. We will balk at the luxury tax cost of these two, but supposedly Ishbia is OK with it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Suns have someone better on their radar because OKC signs Bismack Biyombo for the rest of the season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD says that Royce can initiate the offense and looking at the highlight that seems to be so.

Maybe we should sign Robin Lopez and call it a day.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of some realistic targets for the Suns who have two open roster spots. Here are a few:

Robin Lopez
Thaddeus Young
Danilo Gallinari
Delon Wright
Cory Joseph

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of some realistic targets for the Suns who have two open roster spots. Here are a few:

Robin Lopez
Thaddeus Young
Danilo Gallinari
Delon Wright
Cory Joseph
I would guess that is just about the exhaustive list, unless someone else unexpectedly gets waived.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess that is just about the exhaustive list, unless someone else unexpectedly gets waived.

There are others like Ish Smith and Furkan Korkmaz.

I'm not sure what the Suns are thinking but these are veteran players.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
There's a chance Drummond is waived. If he his then I'd take him ahead of Lopez. I want Delon Wright also. We have 2 spots to fill, Wright and Drummond would be nice.
I would take Drummond in a heartbeat. I sure hope he gets waived and wants to come here.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a waiver wire guy... I guess I'd take Drummond, but I don't think he is near what his stats suggest.

We ran laps around him in the playoffs a few years ago, the Lakers had to stop playing him. He grabs some boards but does nothing else well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard