Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Found it interesting that Nurkic reached out to Gallinari on Twitter. He liked a few tweets about Gallo being bought out as well. FTR, "brate" is slang for brother in Serbian.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some players will not clear waivers until tomorrow, such as Thaddeus Young, so maybe we will hear something about the Suns claiming a player(s) until then.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Goodwin was waived by the Nets. He becomes a free agent if unclaimed.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some players will not clear waivers until tomorrow, such as Thaddeus Young, so maybe we will hear something about the Suns claiming a player(s) until then.

Also the deadline for a player to be waived and remain playoff eligible is February 28th, might be March 1st but I know it's the end of the month. I expect we'll see a good amount of movement over the next 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised by that. I wouldn't mind bringing him back but I know we can't.

I was wondering if the Suns could bring him back if they wanted after clearing waivers. Haven't researched it, though.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was wondering if the Suns could bring him back if they wanted after clearing waivers. Haven't researched it, though.

No, we can’t sign guys that we just traded away until the summer.

It’s a measure against collusion.

Him getting cut is very surprising though, of the guys we traded he’s the only one I pictured having any level of value outside of salary fodder.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, we can’t sign guys that we just traded away until the summer.

It’s a measure against collusion.

Him getting cut is very surprising though, of the guys we traded he’s the only one I pictured having any level of value outside of salary fodder.

I'm sure Goodwin will find a home after clearing waivers.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Our main is bigger def. wings with adequate off. skills, not more shooting with def. liability. If healthy and bought out, Porter Jr. sounds like the ideal pickup. And we need another big next to Nurk and Eubanks. I'd be for Biyombo.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Our main is bigger def. wings with adequate off. skills, not more shooting with def. liability. If healthy and bought out, Porter Jr. sounds like the ideal pickup. And we need another big next to Nurk and Eubanks. I'd be for Biyombo.
Biyimbo isn't available any more.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lopez and all his 1.1 ppg?
I could care less about his offense.

we need someone who can body someone in the post.

don’t get it twisted, I am not excited about Lopez, he sucks. i just don’t see a better option.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
had to post this here also, because despite the over the top nature it does make it clear the defense is not being coached well.

Raindog

Reaction score
had to post this here also, because despite the over the top nature it does make it clear the defense is not being coached well.
Dude is totally correct. Vogel is an amateur hour coach and it's killing any slim chance the Suns may otherwise have to win anything this year.

But of course, the front office will be too foolish/stubborn to admit it because we all know firing a coach in pro sports in their first year just isn't done (well, unless you're the Bucks). So the Suns will just sink or swim with clown coaching, hoping that somehow the offensive talent is enough to overcome the buffoonery.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Dude is totally correct. Vogel is an amateur hour coach and it's killing any slim chance the Suns may otherwise have to win anything this year.

But of course, the front office will be too foolish/stubborn to admit it because we all know firing a coach in pro sports in their first year just isn't done (well, unless you're the Bucks). So the Suns will just sink or swim with clown coaching, hoping that somehow the offensive talent is enough to overcome the buffoonery.
My only question is who duo you replace him with? In the NFL this off season there were a lot of good candidates. More than usual. In the NBA, there was the usual suspects, Doc Rivers, etc. We wanted a guy with experience, and not a first time coach. Vogel was about as good as there was when we selected a coach. Going with an NFL analogy, there weren't any "Jim Harbaughs" out there in the NBA this off season.

Raindog

Reaction score
My only question is who duo you replace him with? In the NFL this off season there were a lot of good candidates. More than usual. In the NBA, there was the usual suspects, Doc Rivers, etc. We wanted a guy with experience, and not a first time coach. Vogel was about as good as there was when we selected a coach. Going with an NFL analogy, there weren't any "Jim Harbaughs" out there in the NBA this off season.
They supposedly were also considering Nick Nurse, but apparently he preferred Philly. I would have taken him over Vogel without question.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They supposedly were also considering Nick Nurse, but apparently he preferred Philly. I would have taken him over Vogel without question.
Like you said, he wanted to go to Philly, so he wasn't a choice for us. I am not seeing anyone available that is any better than Vogel, and maybe worse. I will say I liked Monty, but even Vogel is a step up from Monty. So we did upgrade at coach, imho.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like you said, he wanted to go to Philly, so he wasn't a choice for us. I am not seeing anyone available that is any better than Vogel, and maybe worse. I will say I liked Monty, but even Vogel is a step up from Monty. So we did upgrade at coach, imho.
I disagree, Monty was not a good coach, but he is better than Vogel IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison