Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is a video clip which shows what Royce O'Neal can provide on defense.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think Royce will replace Gordon in our death lineup. Gives us a little more size, a lot more defense, some added rebounding, and probably the same amount of playmaking. It also allows Booker, Beal, and Grayson to play closer to their natural positions.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Royce will replace Gordon in our death lineup. Gives us a little more size, a lot more defense, some added rebounding, and probably the same amount of playmaking. It also allows Booker, Beal, and Grayson to play closer to their natural positions.
Agree.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The metrics around DeRozan are uuuugly. They’ve never been great but this season he’s fallen off bad.

A dude taking that many pull up 2s while also rarely making 3s is not a recipe for winning basketball in this era.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Goodwin is to sign a 10 day contract with the Grizzlies.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jordan Goodwin is to sign a 10 day contract with the Grizzlies.

You'd think they could sent Goodwin to Memphis and Metu to Brooklyn. Both got waived but with interest in Goodwin from Memphis I'm curious why that didn't end up that way.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it will be situational. If they need a shot Gordon will be out there. If they need a stop Royce.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns can always use another shooter.

Damion Lee shot .445 from 3-point range last season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same with Vucevic, i think that's a bigger surprise to me considering the position he plays.

I would never have guessed Vucevic and Doncic as good isolation defenders, actually the opposite.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would say #10 is a lot more surprising.
Same with Vucevic, i think that's a bigger surprise to me considering the position he plays.

There are a lot of bad defenders on that list, probably because guys like Vucevic, Luka, Straus and Markennen are being tasked with defending the other teams worst option. Holding a player like Josh Okogie to 40% shooting isn't exactly a stellar game.

The possession threshold for that list is so low that you're talking about an average of just over 1 play per game for most of those guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort