Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are in the elite eight of the In-Season Tournament. It sounds and looks good if nothing else.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I would take the Suns if I wasn't worried about KD's injury - but I am.

I'm tired of worrying. I'm going to try and enjoy the present.

Who knows what the Finals will look like.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm tired of worrying. I'm going to try and enjoy the present.

Who knows what the Finals will look like.
I'm not really worrying about it - just saying the injury concern is affecting me making a bet or not.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not really worrying about it - just saying the injury concern is affecting me making a bet or not.

That's why he has better odds despite the Lakers sucking lately and the Suns streaking.

edit: better = potential to win bigger

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not into sports betting, but the Suns with Booker and Durant seem like they have good chances.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pda4976

Reaction score
Devin Booker is just a full-time point guard now. Even when Brad comes back Book will be the primary ball handler in any critical situation. He is 3 years younger than Nash when he returned. He could be the greatest Sun twice, once as a shooting guard and again as a point guard.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish we did it on a 50 ft long court like this one. Would have saved me a whole lot of sweat.
Yeah but I'll take the weave in a full sized gym over running lines any time. Especially in a hot gym.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devin Booker is just a full-time point guard now. Even when Brad comes back Book will be the primary ball handler in any critical situation. He is 3 years younger than Nash when he returned. He could be the greatest Sun twice, once as a shooting guard and again as a point guard.

I think there are less than 5 full time PG's in the league right now. That is something going by the wayside. It's all combo guards now. Shai is a combo guard, Mitchell, Harden, Maxey, D'Lo, Steph, Jamal Murrary, CJ McCollum, Cade, Luka, even Kyrie.

I'd say Trae Young, Mike Conley, LaMelo Ball, and maybe Lillard are the last of the real PG's. Even Lillard is more of a combo guard, better scorer than playmaker.

There's a good reason the league doesn't designate specific positions for All-Star or All-NBA awards anymore. There's guards, forwards, and centers. Centers are making a comeback, slowly. It's better than it was a few years ago.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Heard an interesting (to me) stat today about the Suns. Only three Suns have played in every game so far. The three? Nurkic, Okogie, and Goodwin.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns should beat the Lakers on Tuesday in the In-Season Tournament game, their next game would be on Thursday, December 7th.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think there are less than 5 full time PG's in the league right now. That is something going by the wayside. It's all combo guards now. Shai is a combo guard, Mitchell, Harden, Maxey, D'Lo, Steph, Jamal Murrary, CJ McCollum, Cade, Luka, even Kyrie.

I'd say Trae Young, Mike Conley, LaMelo Ball, and maybe Lillard are the last of the real PG's. Even Lillard is more of a combo guard, better scorer than playmaker.

There's a good reason the league doesn't designate specific positions for All-Star or All-NBA awards anymore. There's guards, forwards, and centers. Centers are making a comeback, slowly. It's better than it was a few years ago.
I’d add in Haliburton to that true PG list. He did something only Jordan and Bron did by averaging 25 and 10 assists in a month while shooting 50% from the field and 40% from 3.

So even though he’s scoring a lot, he still operates and looks for the assist first.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d add in Haliburton to that true PG list. He did something only Jordan and Bron did by averaging 25 and 10 assists in a month while shooting 50% from the field and 40% from 3.

So even though he’s scoring a lot, he still operates and looks for the assist first.

I agree he's in that true PG tier but I do my best to forget he exists because it still hurts we passed on him. I remember that draft thread so well and watching in real time. Hali slipped right to us and then JJ makes a boneheaded play picking Stix.