Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lee actually Looks taller than Allen, but when he's on the court man he sure does play small out there. Even Saben plays bigger than DLee.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It seems like people on here make a lot of good suggestions and comments about the team and games. I don't know why coaching, or management, won't try some of the things posted. :( :shrug:
I would be shocked if these things haven't at least been considered. These guys know a heck of a lot more about NBA basketball than most, if not all of us. :shrug:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be shocked if these things haven't at least been considered. These guys know a heck of a lot more about NBA basketball than most, if not all of us. :shrug:
They know more about the game than we do, more about the players than we do and more about the opponents than we do. But we know more about being fans than they do and second guessing management, coaches and players is at the core of being a passionate fan. Seriously, the only group of people with less real knowledge of our team are the talking heads on ESPN, NBA Channel and other sports sites.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm sure they know much more about the Xs and Os and how to run a team, however, I think some NBA GMs can be myopic and not see the forest for the trees.

How the Suns passed over Fox, possibly Shai and Haliburton is beyond me.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm sure they know much more about the Xs and Os and how to run a team, however, I think some NBA GMs can be myopic and not see the forest for the trees.

How the Suns passed over Fox, possibly Shai and Haliburton is beyond me.

Haliburton was the only bad one in real time given our situation and who was available at the time. I didn’t like the idea of a Fox-Book backcourt. I thought hisgame was too similar to Bledsoe despite the different body type. SGA was a worse miss for a lot of teams than Halliburton was given his age and physical tools…. Numbers 6-9 went Bamba, Carter Jr, Sexton and Knox before SGA. Woof.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was looking around the league for possible veterans moved by bad teams, giving us a chance to swap Little for frontcourt depth, and sadly I don't see any options. We would have a lot more options if we had Payne still to combine with Little's salary. Moving a $6.5 million dollar salary on it's own will be hard. I saw Utah wants to move Kelly Olynyk, who is expiring and would be good here as a backup C/PF, but he's making $12 million. I think trading Payne was idiotic and shortsighted. We could have traded him later but this reminds me of the Tyson Chandler buyout right at the beginning of the year when JJ took over as GM. He had some value as an expiring and it left us with less options later when we were looking to make a trade.

JJ has proven time and again he doesn't properly value draft picks, expiring contracts, or rookies. Not a surprise we've had a glut of guys who are 3&D wings on minimum deals during his tenure since that's what he was. Top heavy roster where 3 guys make up 90%+ of the cap with a bunch of "prove it" type deals filling in the rest.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haliburton was the only bad one in real time given our situation and who was available at the time. I didn’t like the idea of a Fox-Book backcourt. I thought hisgame was too similar to Bledsoe despite the different body type. SGA was a worse miss for a lot of teams than Halliburton was given his age and physical tools…. Numbers 6-9 went Bamba, Carter Jr, Sexton and Knox before SGA. Woof.

I mostly look for BPA in the draft that is available. Then, if BPA fits a need, it mostly becomes a no-brainer for me. If it doesn't work out, one can always trade the player for value.

If a team drafts a clunker, nobody wants him.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was looking around the league for possible veterans moved by bad teams, giving us a chance to swap Little for frontcourt depth, and sadly I don't see any options. We would have a lot more options if we had Payne still to combine with Little's salary. Moving a $6.5 million dollar salary on it's own will be hard. I saw Utah wants to move Kelly Olynyk, who is expiring and would be good here as a backup C/PF, but he's making $12 million. I think trading Payne was idiotic and shortsighted. We could have traded him later but this reminds me of the Tyson Chandler buyout right at the beginning of the year when JJ took over as GM. He had some value as an expiring and it left us with less options later when we were looking to make a trade.

JJ has proven time and again he doesn't properly value draft picks, expiring contracts, or rookies. Not a surprise we've had a glut of guys who are 3&D wings on minimum deals during his tenure since that's what he was. Top heavy roster where 3 guys make up 90%+ of the cap with a bunch of "prove it" type deals filling in the rest.
I’m not ready to give up on Little, at least not today:)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another player we could really use right now is Torrey Craig. He wasn't a big in the traditional sense but he was adept at playing PF and had built some chemistry with Booker as well as Durant. He wanted to stay and signed a vet minimum deal in Chicago. He'd be more useful than Damien Lee, Bol Bol, and probably others on the fringe of the rotation. We had his early bird rights so we could have retained him slightly above the league minimum, which could have provided trade flexibility as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mostly look for BPA in the draft that is available. Then, if BPA fits a need, it mostly becomes a no-brainer for me. If it doesn't work out, one can always trade the player for value.

If a team drafts a clunker, nobody wants him.
Exactly. Back in the day the cavs selected Kevin Johnson despite the fact they had mark price. They were able to flip him and parts for Larry nance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort