Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are especially vulnerable at the backup forward positions. There are not enough shooters and rebounders at the 3/4.

And if Shamet misses any time, the Suns are down another shooter.

The Suns are missing two players on the 15-man roster, Crowder and an open spot. It feels a bit strange to be talking about two vacancies.

I hope James Jones has something cooking but the silence is deafening.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are thirteen open roster spots. Only nine spots are standard.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find someone that loves you as much as @Mainstreet loves the 15th roster spot. :mrgreen:

It only takes one player on the 15-man roster to make the difference.

A replacement for Saric in the 2020-21 Finals and a replacement for Cam Payne (that Monty will play) against the Mavericks in the 2021-22 playoffs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Find someone that loves you as much as @Mainstreet loves the 15th roster spot. :mrgreen:

I appreciate it because without him hyping the 13-15th players on the team we may not know what they could offer.

Does he overvalue them on occasion? Sure, but I get it. There's a mystery to those players since they don't play we don't see why they can't crack the rotation. Kind of an optimistic point of view, thinking there just isn't minutes for them rather than they didn't earn them.

It also reminds me of the mid to late 90's when I was obsessed with the 12th man on the Suns from Trevor Ruffin, Duane Cooper, Negale Knight, Mario Bennett, Loren Meyer, Marko Milic, and more. Seeing it pan out with Elliott Perry made me a believer. With Cam Payne becoming a modern day Perry, I can see why someone would look at the end of the bench with hope also.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um. They could have told us that before. Hmm. You almost think the vagueness is purposeful, suggesting controversy to get attention.

Nah, like Mainstreet said, pumpin a kid out can be touch and go.

If I was any level of famous and my wife was about to deliver a kid, I wouldn't want it out there until after the fact. Stressful stuff.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monday is the last day the Suns can sign Cam Johnson to an extension. I'm waiting and wondering.

Although not extending Cam Johnson to an extension wouldn't impact the immediate roster, it would make him an RFA next off season. Also, he is the starter at power forward for the Suns this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agent probably wants Johnson to wait. If I'm Johnson I take the Money and run...................

The only number I've heard mentioned is 4/$72. I don't know if it's accurate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Suns will be in a better place. I'm not quite sure it's today though.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How have we not moved on from Crowder? I would love for the guy to stay but he doesn’t want to be here and just taking up space on our roster. Its time to just move on from him and get what we can.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How have we not moved on from Crowder? I would love for the guy to stay but he doesn’t want to be here and just taking up space on our roster. Its time to just move on from him and get what we can.

There's no reason to rush it and get bad value back in return.

If knew for sure he is not getting paid for missed games, I'd feel better about it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monday is the last day the Suns can sign Cam Johnson to an extension. I'm waiting and wondering.

Although not extending Cam Johnson to an extension wouldn't impact the immediate roster, it would make him an RFA next off season. Also, he is the starter at power forward for the Suns this season.

You better sign him now because if he blows up as a starter he’s gone

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Season starts Wednesday and this Crowder thing is still up in the air

James Jones is so trash

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If knew for sure he is not getting paid for missed games, I'd feel better about it.
Im sure the front office would have a case, if he doesn't play. Not playing would hurt Jaes chances of getting a good contract at all. Look at Pat Bev and Scooder took serious hits to the bank account because they bet on themselves and lost.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The obvious reason is nobody wants to offer us much for him, because they know we want to move him.

No. In my opinion we are much better waiting till the deadline, especially in a year where all the bad teams will be tanking and have assets available.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im sure the front office would have a case, if he doesn't play. Not playing would hurt Jaes chances of getting a good contract at all. Look at Pat Bev and Scooder took serious hits to the bank account because they bet on themselves and lost.

James Jones would have tell Jae Crowder to return to the team and honor his contract. Maybe he has or will.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not true, he'll be a restricted free agent, and if we are going to get a new money bags owner - which is highly likely, I don't think we will let him go.

Oh great we’re gonna have another you have to stay here situation after making a guy play without a guaranteed contract

That works out great

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss Amare Stoudemire.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The obvious reason is nobody wants to offer us much for him, because they know we want to move him.

No. In my opinion we are much better waiting till the deadline, especially in a year where all the bad teams will be tanking and have assets available.

You think his value will be more later on versus now?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard