Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Reaction score
Come on now. Now that they are in a relatively low rut, you're not proud of the team? Were you posting this same stuff when we won our 64th game? Or when we won our 18th straight game?

The disappointment here isn't that they were a good team that is falling apart, it's that they were the BEST SUNS TEAM IN FRANCHISE HISTORY that is falling apart. If they were a 5 seed in the playoffs and this was happening, it would be a little less egregious, but this team IS better than the Mavs and better than most of the teams in the NBA.

They are playing badly, but this isn't indicative of this team. I'm sorry, this isn't the Cardinals who show you who they really are when they sniff even a tiny bit of adversity.
Well, it might be useful to remember the position I'm approaching this from. Since I am no longer a fan and do not claim to be one, we're not talking about having lost my pride in the Suns--I don't have any to lose. Or, put it this way. Are they making me want to claim fanhood again after six years? No, not particularly.

I question what appears to be their philosophy, their Spurs-like approach to games. They play quite conservatively in the first half of games and then turn it on in the fourth (sometimes third) quarter. We'll win in the clutch, we'll win in the clutch. Knowing how great they are in the clutch (and knowing that everyone knows) has spoiled them. If they wanted someone like me to regret that he walked away, they could start playing more flat-out all game long.

The Suns have been here before--best record in the league. What will they do with it this time? No idea.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, it might be useful to remember the position I'm approaching this from. Since I am no longer a fan and do not claim to be one, we're not talking about having lost my pride in the Suns--I don't have any to lose. Or, put it this way. Are they making me want to claim fanhood again after six years? No, not particularly.

I question what appears to be their philosophy, their Spurs-like approach to games. They play quite conservatively in the first half of games and then turn it on in the fourth (sometimes third) quarter. We'll win in the clutch, we'll win in the clutch. Knowing how great they are in the clutch (and knowing that everyone knows) has spoiled them. If they wanted someone like me to regret that he walked away, they could start playing more flat-out all game long.

The Suns have been here before--best record in the league. What will they do with it this time? No idea.
Then why are you posting here every day? You claim you are not a fan, and yet you are posting, and posting a lot. What is it you are trying to gain?

We always try to welcome new people into the fold, but you continually claim you aren't a fan. Most of us here have been die-hard fans of this team for decades, even during the time you say made you no longer a fan.

When I was a little kid I (yuck) loved the Dallas Cowboys, but I'm not going on their message board talking about their team. Why would I do that? I secretly think you ARE a fan, but you're waiting to reveal it when we are playing well or win the championship. ;)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This story line has become very old. The door is always open.

Reaction score
Then why are you posting here every day? You claim you are not a fan, and yet you are posting, and posting a lot. What is it you are trying to gain?

We always try to welcome new people into the fold, but you continually claim you aren't a fan. Most of us here have been die-hard fans of this team for decades, even during the time you say made you no longer a fan.

When I was a little kid I (yuck) loved the Dallas Cowboys, but I'm not going on their message board talking about their team. Why would I do that? I secretly think you ARE a fan, but you're waiting to reveal it when we are playing well or win the championship. ;)
All I can say is to compliment you for not flaming me.

No...I'll tell you why I'm here, why I found a new Suns forum after six years. It's nothing to do with the current Suns team. It's because eventually, I have something to get off my chest that has nothing to do with you people--I mean I'm not referring to some kind of (non-existent) bone to pick with anyone here. It's about the Suns franchise and why I walked away. Don't know whether I'll get around to saying it, because I know perfectly well that no one wants to hear it. Just this has been cathartic enough.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

No...I'll tell you why I'm here, why I found a new Suns forum after six years. It's nothing to do with the current Suns team. It's because eventually, I have something to get off my chest that has nothing to do with you people--I mean I'm not referring to some kind of (non-existent) bone to pick with anyone here. It's about the Suns franchise and why I walked away. Don't know whether I'll get around to saying it, because I know perfectly well that no one wants to hear it. Just this has been cathartic enough.
If it involves Robert Sarver, we've probably already heard it countless times...

Reaction score
If it involves Robert Sarver, we've probably already heard it countless times...
I know, I know. Nobody's really interested, and knowing that has held me back. It's just that it involves other people in the Suns franchise getting jerked around. To just think "Robert Sarver is a jerk" is uninteresting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Honestly, if you admit you’re no longer a fan and are just going to post why you DONT like this team, you’re the definition of a troll and should find other ways to spend your time rather than crapping on the team we love.

If this team didn’t make you want to reclaim your fandom the last two years leading up to the playoffs, you need to get your head examined. They were definition of inspirational before the playoffs started.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jesus. Then say what you want to say and leave. Otherwise, you’re just becoming a very soft spoken troll.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Honestly. Can't complain about that. Book finishing ahead of Luka, Steph, Tatum, and Ja is kind of a big deal. It also makes him the top guard in the voting.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There have been Suns teams that, though they won fewer games, were more inspiring than this Suns team. They in retrospect leave an impression that they had less talent, but gave more effort and had more heart. Such as:

-The 1996-97 team that started 0-13 but fought back to a respectable record.

-Of course the 1975-76 Sunderella finals team. The one that I can only read about in books, it having last played four years before I was born. (And I did. I went to the historical book room at the Phoenix main library and read Joe Gilmartin's old book on them, seven or eight years ago.)

-The late eighties teams, especially--obviously--the one that made the comeback from 29 wins to 53.

-The 2010 team that was the Nash era's last gasp. It went out with a bang.

-The 2013-14 team that would have fought its way into the playoffs with one less injury.

Any of those teams made me more proud than this team.

What the flying poop?

@Chris_Sanders keep an eye on this fella.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this on another thread, but I think this is huge offseason topic for the Suns.

Suns have $128.8 million in committed salary. If they give Ayton the Max & resign McGee with the mid-level, they would have the biggest luxury tax bill in the league.
Which means you either think Sarver will be just fine with it (not sure why after 2 years of collapses) or you think he is going to let McGee walk and/or possibly gut other parts of this team. The other x-factor is a sign and trade with Ayton to avoid it.

https://twitter.com/DigiDuder/status/1526266979039911936/analytics

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose