Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ICYMI
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That shot chart is SICK. Left side 3 is basically the only place where he doesn't really shoot well. I don't put much stock int he 37% being a little lower at the stop of the key because the Suns love to get down the court and shoot those transition 3's before everybody gets down there. Like I said....SICK.....which is why I am sick he is hurt.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't see Booker sitting more than 2 games, even injured. He's played through it before, see the Finals last year. If we drop game 3 then he'll play in game 4 but I think we'll bounce back and win 3 and lose 4, both of which will be Booker-less. Get him some rest.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges finishes 4th in Sportsmanship Award.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Just gonna put this out there. If the Suns lose in the playoffs, Crowder has to be benched or traded for a bigger 4.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just gonna put this out there. If the Suns lose in the playoffs, Crowder has to be benched or traded for a bigger 4.
I will go a step further. We need a legit PF and must start looking for a better backup guard than Payne. Having said that, the Suns in general should start looking for a future PG because Paul isn't getting any younger and Booker/Ayton combo will need a facilitator after this run is done. I don't mind Crowder coming off the bench but likely we would have to include him in a move.

Having said that? This is waaaay to early to be talking about.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some (relatively minor) concerns about him as a coach but I have no doubts about him as a leader or as a quality human being.
Monty seems genuine and you can't complain about what he has done for this team. However, my biggest complaint about him is similar to my complain about Pringles. He seems to really struggle with in game adjustments. He seems fine from game to game but in game? I have seen him have some of the same tendencies as Pringles. He is stubborn and keeps going to things hoping they can will them to start working. We witnessed it last year when he shortened the lineup and some of it this year. At least this year when we were struggling with the Pelicans he seemed to be more open.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some (relatively minor) concerns about him as a coach but I have no doubts about him as a leader or as a quality human being.

I think Monty is a great coach. My single most problem with him is he fails to expand player rotations when the situation merits.

As an example, before the playoffs are over, I think the Suns are going to need Aaron Holiday to be a contributor.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't think of another coach who has been available within the last 3 years that I'd rather have than Monty. He's up there as my favorite Suns coach along with Westphal. I missed the prime Cotton years but I loved him doing games with Al McCoy when I became a fan.

Monty is definitely one of the best coaches we've had as well. Hopefully this year ends with a parade and he solidifies his spot as the best Suns coach of all time.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty seems genuine and you can't complain about what he has done for this team. However, my biggest complaint about him is similar to my complain about Pringles. He seems to really struggle with in game adjustments. He seems fine from game to game but in game? I have seen him have some of the same tendencies as Pringles. He is stubborn and keeps going to things hoping they can will them to start working. We witnessed it last year when he shortened the lineup and some of it this year. At least this year when we were struggling with the Pelicans he seemed to be more open.

The Pels series was it not until game 3 he finally extended the rotation?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario Sario had a successful arthroscopic procedure on right knee and will remain out indefinitely.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping there was a slight chance Dario Saric might return if the Suns made it to the Finals. This seems unlikely now.

I wonder if this was an expected procedure or something different.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Dario Sario had a successful arthroscopic procedure on right knee and will remain out indefinitely.

Whoa, this is out of left field. Did he re-injure it? is this just cleanup? Probably doesn't impact this run either way but hope he gets right for training camp.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa, this is out of left field. Did he re-injure it? is this just cleanup? Probably doesn't impact this run either way but hope he gets right for training camp.

Yeah, I'm curious if it's something new or perhaps a planned procedure. Kellan Olson said he would ask about it.

Saric had looked good in recent workout videos.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some clean out/up work on the knee.

I wish one of the reporters covering the Suns would explain why Saric needed arthroscopic surgery.