Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish one of the reporters covering the Suns would explain why Saric needed arthroscopic surgery.
He tore his ACL last year but this latest surgery was for a torn meniscus. I don't know if it happened since his original injury or if it was part of his original injury and just overlooked so yeah, I'd like to hear more about it too.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He tore his ACL last year but this latest surgery was for a torn meniscus. I don't know if it happened since his original injury or if it was part of his original injury and just overlooked so yeah, I'd like to hear more about it too.
I'm wondering if it was planned as part of his rehab from the beginning. Surgery last summer but knowing he'll have a smaller one this summer. He's been doing some movement, so there was bound to be some stuff to clean up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm hoping it's not a new injury.

I thought there was a slight chance Saric might return if the Suns made it to the Finals. That glimmer of hope now seems to be gone. He was looking pretty good in shooting sessions.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to read between the lines but it sounds like the meniscus injury to Saric could be new.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to read between the lines but it sounds like the meniscus injury to Saric could be new. It's the same right knee where he tore his ACL.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have to have the fancy picture with the offical NBA announcement.

Monty Williams is the NBA Coach of the Year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA Coach of the Year voting was not even close.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Hope he remembers what won him that and pulls it out and finishes the mavs.

I think Monty will do his part but the players have to do their part as well. The Suns bench has been embarrassing.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Monty will do his part but the players have to do their part as well. The Suns bench has been embarrassing.
Yeah I bitch about Monty as much as anyone, but the guys need to perform. When he puts them in the game they need to produce and obviously the bench has been MIA since the playoffs started imo!

Reaction score
There have been Suns teams that, though they won fewer games, were more inspiring than this Suns team. They in retrospect leave an impression that they had less talent, but gave more effort and had more heart. Such as:

-The 1996-97 team that started 0-13 but fought back to a respectable record.

-Of course the 1975-76 Sunderella finals team. The one that I can only read about in books, it having last played four years before I was born. (And I did. I went to the historical book room at the Phoenix main library and read Joe Gilmartin's old book on them, seven or eight years ago.)

-The late eighties teams, especially--obviously--the one that made the comeback from 29 wins to 53.

-The 2010 team that was the Nash era's last gasp. It went out with a bang.

-The 2013-14 team that would have fought its way into the playoffs with one less injury.

Any of those teams made me more proud than this team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There have been Suns teams that, though they won fewer games, were more inspiring than this Suns team. They in retrospect leave an impression that they had less talent, but gave more effort and had more heart. Such as:

-The 1996-97 team that started 0-13 but fought back to a respectable record.
-Of course the 1975-76 Sunderella finals team.
-The late eighties teams, especially--obviously--the one that made the comeback from 29 wins to 53.
-The 2010 team that was the Nash era's last gasp. It went out with a bang.
-The 2013-14 team that would have fought its way into the playoffs with one less injury.

Any of those teams made me more proud than this team.
Come on now. Now that they are in a relatively low rut, you're not proud of the team? Were you posting this same stuff when we won our 64th game? Or when we won our 18th straight game?

The disappointment here isn't that they were a good team that is falling apart, it's that they were the BEST SUNS TEAM IN FRANCHISE HISTORY that is falling apart. If they were a 5 seed in the playoffs and this was happening, it would be a little less egregious, but this team IS better than the Mavs and better than most of the teams in the NBA.

They are playing badly, but this isn't indicative of this team. I'm sorry, this isn't the Cardinals who show you who they really are when they sniff even a tiny bit of adversity.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson