Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me one bit with the ignore feature. I mean, people here are partly to blame for engaging. Stop engaging and put on ignore.

Problem solved.
He’s been on ignore. But all the responses - that all say the same thing - end up being more clutter than his posts in the first place. It’s exponential.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s been on ignore. But all the responses - that all say the same thing - end up being more clutter than his posts in the first place. It’s exponential.
I don't see his responses either?! The only time I see anything is when someone engages him and I see a "hidden response" ("You are ignoring content by this member."). I don't actually see his responses unless I click on them (which I don't). Again, if people stop engaging him it would solve 90% of the problem.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Monty on Dario Saric being important to the team and they will be supporting him on his way back.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So much for trading for Thaddeus Young...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will have posted this on the Mercury forum and I will post it here as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul has purchased 500 tickets for the game available to fans on a first come, first serve basis per tweet below.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course the Suns open preseason play on Monday at the Kings. Start time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a covid scheduling thing or what, but it seems like someone on the Mercury really dropped the ball here. Like they didn't anticipate the country re-opening to live events.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should have done 2 for 1. Would have helped the Mercury get more people in there.

This would have been the way to do it. I guess it must be a money thing.

Long term though it would have been good for fans of both teams.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's Sarver so money is definitely a major part. I can see it being a big complex though because WNBA tickets are super cheap compared to NBA. The last Mercury game I attended was in either 2018 or 19 and I was 5 rows from the court and it cost like $60 for a pair of tickets. For a Suns game it would have cost probably $600 for each, or close.

I know playoffs make it more for the Mercury and preseason lowers the Suns cost some as well. Definitely a rare occasion also so trying to figure fair prices while also trying to maximize the audience. You don't want either game to suffer from a lot of no shows.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Sarver so money is definitely a major part. I can see it being a big complex though because WNBA tickets are super cheap compared to NBA. The last Mercury game I attended was in either 2018 or 19 and I was 5 rows from the court and it cost like $60 for a pair of tickets. For a Suns game it would have cost probably $600 for each, or close.

I know playoffs make it more for the Mercury and preseason lowers the Suns cost some as well. Definitely a rare occasion also so trying to figure fair prices while also trying to maximize the audience. You don't want either game to suffer from a lot of no shows.

I agree it would have been a nice gesture.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Yet another sign that Sarver really hasn't changed. This franchise really needs new ownership.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will hold an open practice on October 8th at 6 p.m.

BY NICHOLAS HODELL, Arizona Sports:

The Phoenix Suns will host an open practice at the Footprint Center ahead of the 2021-22 NBA season.

The practice will be held on Friday, Oct. 8 at 6 p.m. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Tickets to the event are free of charge.

----------------------------------------------

Parking spaces will be available at the garage on 3rd Street and Jefferson Street for $5.

Fans can secure their free tickets for the event at suns.com/showcase.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ready for a flashback?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is hoping Chris Paul makes the NBA 75th anniversary team to be selected later this month represented by the 75 greatest players list. It certainly looks like he deserves it.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

“The 2021-22 season will be truly special as we celebrate 75 years of NBA basketball,” NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said in a news release in July. “We look forward to honoring the players and teams — both past and present — who have inspired generations of fans around the world.”

Fifth all-time in assists (10,275) and steals (2,332), Paul also is 25th in free-throw percentage, 87.3%. Along with the numbers, Paul has played on 13 playoff teams in his 16 NBA seasons, and led the Suns to the NBA Finals last season in his first year with the franchise.

-----------------------------------------

Paul is 22 points shy of reaching 20,000 for his career. Currently 47th in the NBA all-time list in scoring (19,978 points), Paul is ahead of Hall of Famers John Stockton (19,711) six-time NBA champion Scottie Pippen (18,940) and two-time NBA champion Isiah Thomas (18,822).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look at that pic and all I can think is, “Poor Tyson.”

Personally, can’t feel bad for a guy who clearly took massive payday over competing. Nor do I look down on him for doing so. But going to the Suns at that point in time for a big contract you weren’t going to sniff anywhere else is a buyer beware situation if there ever was one. This, I never felt bad for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it's true. Three strikes and you are out.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
From what I've read Tyson really mailed it in his last year or two here. I look at that picture and can't help but wonder if Chandler would have been more of a leader to the kids if we'd had an actual NBA Head Coach.
I think he was good for Booker, they knew they didn't have the team to do anything special. But he did help to build Booker up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Personally, can’t feel bad for a guy who clearly took massive payday over competing. Nor do I look down on him for doing so. But going to the Suns at that point in time for a big contract you weren’t going to sniff anywhere else is a buyer beware situation if there ever was one. This, I never felt bad for him.
It changes perspective when you think it was nearly a done deal for Aldridge. Hell, wasn’t the first thing he and James Jones did after Tyson signing his contract is go to LMA’s house to recruit him?

I wouldn’t put it past McD to make a promise he couldn’t keep.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson