Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

If we were running the Rockets offense then Booker would be seeing more opportunities but he's really not, at least when Paul is on the floor with him. The offense is more like the one CP3 ran in New Orleans when Monty was his coach, which was let Paul create. He calls out the plays and its often screens and picks for him to dribble drive and dish.

When Paul is on the bench then the team is expected to pick back up the .5 offense which is a huge change from what they were running. They need to find a faster pace and more efficient offense so Booker and Ayton can both get going and moving to the .5 offense isn't such a drastic change.

2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

So you don’t comment on Isabella? Did you comment on bender or Chriss or josh Jackson? I mean we learned what they were by this stage but we still talked about them. We still wished they would evolve. I don’t get why some posters just don’t want to see Ayton discussion.

3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

It’s also weird to argue people should stop talking about Ayton when we’ve actually seen CHANGE, negative change, this season. I’d kinda get it if he was literally in a point of stasis. But he hasn’t been this year. There is something REALLY off about him this year, much more so than the last two where he’s not just much less aggressive/confident on offense, but now has zero stamina or explosion.

when things change for a player, especially for the worse on one end of the floor where he was expected to step up not backwards, that seems like exactly the time he’s talked about most.

4. Finito

Finito Registered

no not really. I don’t wish guys would evolve or be so something there not. To me that’s just wasted energy.

guys can evolve if they have something better inside them, but when someone shows you who they are you should probably believe them.

can’t make him care

5. Finito

Finito Registered

he is seeing those opportunities he’s just not Harden. His game isn’t suited to this offense

6. Finito

Finito Registered

would you say Booker hasn’t lived up to expectations aswell?

7. Proximo

Proximo Registered

actually he is playing about the same as he did in the bubble. It was the time between last season and the bubble where his game really deteroriated.

when he was a rookie he wanted to score, now he seems like he could care less. It makes almost no sense since we know he wants to get paid.

there has to be more to the story, but I’m not sure fans will ever know what it is.

8. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

He hasn't and there is a thread dedicated to his play. So why shouldn't people talk about Ayton? You keep deflecting when presented with solid reasoning and counter points to what you've said.

9. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I think he looks even more lethargic than the bubble. But yeah... the bubble raised a brow as well.

10. Finito

Finito Registered

well let’s get this straight I’ve never said people shouldn’t or couldn’t talk about Ayton your missing what I’m trying to say.

11. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

Did I say that you did? No. You didn't specifically say people needed to stop but you claimed it was pointless to discuss his regression since he is who he is and questioned why people would spend the energy or time discussing his shortcomings. You also stated that people will be happier once they accept Ayton is who he is and that anyone's happiness is directly linked to Ayton's play.

People have presented reasons why his game is still being discussed and rather than respond to those points you choose to bring up other things, diverting the conversation, like how you asked about Booker's play, or give another reason why it's pointless to analyze Ayton's play. Sorry but 22 year old NBA players aren't generally finished products. Those players will be diacussed on fan message boards like this, especially when that player showed a lot more promise and facets of their game as 19-20 year old rookies.

You don't have to like the discussions or partake in them but why else would you tell others they're wasting their time or saying they'll be happier when they accept him as he is now, if you didn't want to see less discussion about him?

12. Finito

Finito Registered

you clearly care more about this than I do. Your giving me this impression that you are feeling attacked

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  13. RagMMA

RagMMA Free Agent

I think the main problem is they put him out there and said ok go be a center. He needs a mentor that's not Baynes or Frank. Send his butt to a legit big man school.

Centers take time he's gonna be ok, if he starts playing as good as he talks he's gonna be fire.

We can't really compare how he played in 2016 summer league to the NBA.

I feel CP3 playing at a snail's pace has messed up more that just Aytons timing but they will figure it out.

Mainstreet likes this.
  14. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

Feeling attacked? Not at all. Just trying to figure out what you're contributing to the discussion.

15. Carolinacacti

Carolinacacti Registered

I just want Ayton to be their in the forth QT and crunch time. Not to score but to rebound and defend...