Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets say we use our current winning %, how many wins would that be during a completed regular non-covid season?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great article from The Ringer: Here Come the Suns. The part about Ayton is particularly spot on.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/4/22312798/phoenix-suns-devin-booker-chris-paul-deandre-ayton
I found this interesting:

“Paul’s arrival has brought balance to Booker’s game. This season, Booker has possessed the ball for only 4.1 minutes per game, which is tied for 53rd in the league and is a new low for him since the 2016-17 season, according to NBA Advanced Stats. Now he is receiving more simple shots off the catch. Paul possesses the ball 46 percent of the time he’s in the game, per BBall-Index. That’s more frequently than all but just four players: Luka Doncic, Trae Young, Damian Lillard, and John Wall. Paul runs the show in Phoenix, which allows Booker to pick his spots.”

this would seem to indicate that Paul’s arrival is EXACTLY what BC has wanted.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That's good, but our current run suggests that we have a good shot at finishing at an even higher winning percentage.

At this current rate we might actually win 50+ games this year in a shortened season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good, but our current run suggests that we have a good shot at finishing at an even higher winning percentage.

At this current rate we might actually win 50+ games this year in a shortened season.

sure, but we’re EN FUEGO right now, winning 15 of 18. I’d love for that to continue but we’ll likely fall back to earth a little.

man, Book was sick last month. 28 ppg. Wish he was a bit of a better rebounder for his position, but he’s an assassin as a scorer.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
sure, but we’re EN FUEGO right now, winning 15 of 18. I’d love for that to continue but we’ll likely fall back to earth a little.

man, Book was sick last month. 28 ppg. Wish he was a bit of a better rebounder for his position, but he’s an assassin as a scorer.
The question yet to be answered is whether we are actually on fire or if this is just what this team was always going to look like once they became comfortable with each other.

The big thing for me is that it doesn't appear to be just a few players that are having good games, but seemingly different people each game. With the exception of Booker and Paul who have been pretty consistent contributors, but we would expect that regardless.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question yet to be answered is whether we are actually on fire or if this is just what this team was always going to look like once they became comfortable with each other.

I love what I'm seeing from them on this run, but this is not a 68 win team, dude. That's the clip they're playing at right now during the 15-3 stretch. That would be the 4th best record in NBA History.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The big thing for me is that it doesn't appear to be just a few players that are having good games, but seemingly different people each game. With the exception of Booker and Paul who have been pretty consistent contributors, but we would expect that regardless.

If the Suns can keep having those stretches where their defense disrupts the opponents offense they can be really good. They need to be able to do it with more consistency. It feeds the offense.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I love what I'm seeing from them on this run, but this is not a 68 win team, dude. That's the clip they're playing at right now during the 15-3 stretch. That would be the 4th best record in NBA History.
I wasn’t being literal with their record. Of course they aren’t a 68 win team, but it’s certainly possible they could be right around a 60 win team. To be fair 55 isn’t exactly far from 60 anyway.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t being literal with their record. Of course they aren’t a 68 win team, but it’s certainly possible they could be right around a 60 win team. To be fair 55 isn’t exactly far from 60 anyway.

Kinda disagree. 55 win club is usually a 3 or even 4 seed in the West. 60 is a bonafide title contender.

that said, I’m loving this team. They’re very easy to root for because they not only look like they like playing with each other but because they’re all good guys as well. No a-holes which could prove costly in the playoffs. But I’m stoked enough where they are at this point.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Can we just take a minute to appreciate all the attention we're getting from the basketball mediasphere, and positive attention at that? EJ was on the Lowe Post podcast as well.

Given the state of the Suns over the last 10 years this has been a real breath of fresh air.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
As soon as a team starts playing well the guys get a bigger spot light on them.

Seemed like none of our players were getting hardly any mentions (even Booker) until that bubble run last year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After Warriors game, Devin Booker's availability is listed as day-to-day.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Book is out of All Star game due to knee strain. My family is pro Booker. Probably not going to watch All Star game. I know we have Chris Paul, but he's only been here a hot moment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose