Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was reading an article by Kellan Olson this morning.

My general take from the article is that if the Suns were going to make any additions to the roster it might be at guard. While I'm not opposed to adding any player that can help the team, I think the Suns could use more depth at power forward or perhaps center.

Monty did say this about Cam Payne.

By Kellan Olson, Arizona Sports:

Well, sort of. He said last Thursday with a laugh that he hasn’t found a “comfort level” with either Cameron Payne or E’Twaun Moore as the definitive choice as the backup point guard, noting Payne is “still looking for him to be more solid in moments.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/2573764/questions-suns-2nd-half-pt-1-finalizing-the-roster/

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was reading an article by Kellan Olson this morning.

My general take from the article is that if the Suns were going to make any additions to the roster it might be at guard. While I'm not opposed to adding any player that can help the team, I think the Suns could use more depth at power forward or perhaps center.

Monty did say this about Cam Payne.

By Kellan Olson, Arizona Sports:

Well, sort of. He said last Thursday with a laugh that he hasn’t found a “comfort level” with either Cameron Payne or E’Twaun Moore as the definitive choice as the backup point guard, noting Payne is “still looking for him to be more solid in moments.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/2573764/questions-suns-2nd-half-pt-1-finalizing-the-roster/

Well, they really havent been given consistent minutes. Just when it looked like Payne was the guy, he went down, then Moore filled in well, then all of a sudden Payne is back in playing. I think we can safely say Carter is out unless for spot or situational minutes. I'd be confused if i was Moore or Payne on when i'm going to play again and for how many minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, they really havent been given consistent minutes. Just when it looked like Payne was the guy, he went down, then Moore filled in well, then all of a sudden Payne is back in playing. I think we can safely say Carter is out unless for spot or situational minutes. I'd be confused if i was Moore or Payne on when i'm going to play again and for how many minutes.

I'm satisfied with the Suns backup depth at guard especially point guard. With Payne returning to form and Moore being able to play there as well, the Suns should be fine at the 1 and 2. When Payne is playing well, he is an ideal backup point guard because he can create.

On the other hand if the Suns lose a big man due to injury or fouls they could use another player to give them some minutes. I think additional depth at the 4/5 is a bigger concern.

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bridges at 2:00min mark.

not athletic according to folks here

lol

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Really, the only need is a back up defensive-minded center. Maybe a scorer off the bench? You can’t go into a playoff series with Ayton being the only one who can guard bigs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Really, the only need is a back up defensive-minded center. Maybe a scorer off the bench? You can’t go into a playoff series with Ayton being the only one who can guard bigs.
I don't think anybody is giving Dario and Jae Crowder enough credit when it comes to defense. Dario is extremely smart defensively and what Crowder lacks in height he makes up for in brute strength.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges at 2:00min mark.

not athletic according to folks here

lol

Can you go a day without needlessly trying to start a fight here? Its ridiculous.

If you disagree with someone's take then quote their post and reply to it in a way that disputes their comments. Throwing out baseless accusations like this prove nothing other than how immature you are.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
"It gives me satisfaction knowing I’ve assisted. I haven’t done anything. I haven’t played a game. I haven’t basically given an ounce of sweat, but I can see their work pay off so it’s gratifying in that regard.”

Is Jones talking about his playing career?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Respect.

Devin gets none, CP3 gets none because of the first round exits. Our supporting cast such as Bridges, Ayton and Cam are young and unproven. Guys like Payne, Kaminsky and Carter were written off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson