Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got to give credit to Ayton for upping his block numbers and his rim protection in general. It's been a bit up and down this year but it's up more than down.

He needs to start being more aggressive inside on offense. I thought we'd see that much sooner than him become an average or better rim protector.

Whats great is that lately, Ayton has been getting better/closer position early in the shot clock, and we've been trying to finding him until the defense adjusts.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whats great is that lately, Ayton has been getting better/closer position early in the shot clock, and we've been trying to finding him until the defense adjusts.
He is catching a lot of sloppy alley oops too. Embiid was still on the IR at this point in his career.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It is really good to see some progress. If only we had a quality
Power Forward to help in DA's progress even more.

Then the sky would be the limit for DeAndre!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good company for Mikal.

You must be registered for see images attach

i didn't check but all while improving his scoring and efficiency throughout the year? Just what it seems to me, lately he's been slashing and knocking down shots more.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bender had a classic "Bender line" last night. 25 minutes, 0 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 turnovers.

It is crazy that a player can put up a line like that in the modern league, it is even more crazy that Bender puts up lines like that quite often.

This SHOULD be the final year of his rookie deal but he didn't even survive the 4 year contract, we axed him before he could finish it. It blows my mind that some think there is a chance the Suns would want to bring him back.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m confused. When Kelly is healthy he’s not that major of a piece but when he’s not, all of a sudden he’s THE crucial piece.

We don't have the depth to replace him and we have no one else that can provide a little cover for Booker, so yeah, he's a crucial piece. Sort of.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I’m confused. When Kelly is healthy he’s not that major of a piece but when he’s not, all of a sudden he’s THE crucial piece.

I think those references are to his being a part of our Big 3 in scoring this season. Our only three averaging more than 13 ppg.

And now we're down to two. Not only lost points but, with our cockeyed roster, even more pressure on Booker and Ayton. Read it and weep!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's really unfortunate for sure. Bridges and Oubre were clicking at the forward position. In fact the Suns whole starting lineup was starting to click and now they take a step backward.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This seems to be the latest injury reports.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Kelly Oubre Jr.’s knee injury is still an unspecified diagnosis on the #Suns’ official injury report for tomorrow’s game against Detroit. He and Kaminsky are the players listed as out.

3:42 PM - 27 Feb 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to ESPN, the Suns have been looking for a replacement for Oubre.

Phoenix Suns forward Kelly Oubre Jr. might miss the rest of the season because of a torn meniscus in his right knee, ESPN has confirmed.

The Suns have looked for possible buyout candidates or free-agent additions to replace Oubre, with the expectation that the fifth-year forward will miss the rest of the season, sources told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28794718/source-suns-kelly-oubre-miss-rest-season

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This news really blows. He was one of the non-buttercups we have that didn’t sit out if they had a really bad itch. I think both games he missed were from that concussion vs Atlanta.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is an article at Arizona Sports where Monty talks a bit about Kelly Oubre. Still waiting for second opinions.

“Unfortunately Kelly most likely won’t be with us for a while,” Williams said. “We’re fine. We’ve dealt with it before, with guys being out. Our guys are continuing to grow and play with a great level of intensity.

“It’s an obvious blow to the team, but it’s a great opportunity for Mikal (Bridges) and Cam (Johnson) to step in there. Dario (Saric) will play more minutes.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/227...-oubre-wont-be-with-suns-a-while-knee-injury/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ricky Rubio talks about what Kelly Oubre means to the team and the importance of Mikal Bridges.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media