Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
we saw three SUPERSTAR streaks from Book this year. The opening of the season without DeAndre, another ridiculous scoring run around I think around January and then doing EVERYTHING at peak level during the bubble. If he somehow puts up and entire season combining levels of those three runs, not only will the team win more games than they lose, that kind of season would be not just superstar but MVP worthy. I still have my doubts, but I had doubts Book could get to superstar status and I think he made a really solid case for that in the future this year.

I’d love to see handles get better which would make him more dangerous run in a team and that IS possible. I think about Kawhi his first three years and now and that guy’s handles have become totally sick and allows him to dominate in every way on offense. If Devon does that, makes him unstoppable at getting to the hole, that would push him closer toward MVP like play.
I think my whole point is that the door is open, even if a little bit, for it to happen. It's up to Booker and the team of course, but I don't think it's a definite never.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There have been plenty of “insane” whatever that didn’t win the award. I like Derrick Rose but what was he so much better than Devin Booker at? James Harden is a scoring machine, but I’d choose Booker over him every time based on stuff other than scoring.
I believe you would be in a very small, Phoenix-centric, minority believing those. But your entitled to your thoughts on the matter.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I believe you would be in a very small, Phoenix-centric, minority believing those. But your entitled to your thoughts on the matter.
Well of course. Nobody even knows about Booker and you can call me a homer all you want it doesn’t change the fact that he is a superstar.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point, it'd be foolish to take Harden over Booker if you were building a team but that is in large part because Harden is 32 and Book is 23. Harden's window is closing quickly while Booker's is finally opening.

Booker hasn't hit his prime yet so comparing the 2 then can't be done but I think I'd take Booker at 23 over 23 year old Harden. Booker is the better shooter, averaged more assists, and outscores Harden at that age while playing 2 and 1/2 minutes less a game. Harden gets more boards and steals but he's been turnstile on defense during his time in Houston. He's shown capable of playing D while in OKC but it appears he's forgotten how over the years.

You must be registered for see images attach

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MVP is an individual honor earned by team success. If the Suns get good enough as a team to push for top 3 seeds in the West for several years in a row then Booker would likely win the award, or come damn close. If we don't get there then he won't win.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MVP is an individual honor earned by team success. If the Suns get good enough as a team to push for top 3 seeds in the West for several years in a row then Booker would likely win the award, or come damn close. If we don't get there then he won't win.

Nash had Amare, Marion and Joe Johnson for part of his journey.

If Nash doesn't have those players and a new system that fits his skill perfectly it likely doesn't happen.

The same with Devin Booker. He will need help.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker spotted with Kendall Jenner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some uh...words about the Suns team in regards to an instragram model and memorial day weekend.

And a lot of jokes..a whole lot of jokes.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devin Booker spotted with Kendall Jenner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This girl has date Blake Griffin, Kuzma, Clarkson, Ben Simmons, and now Book. Now she just needs a sixth man.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This girl has date Blake Griffin, Kuzma, Clarkson, Ben Simmons, and now Book. Now she just needs a sixth man.

It looks Booker has control of the pooch. Even has it on a leash.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The English language is a lost art. No wonder this country is such a mess.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty might not be thrilled by this story.

Apparently it happened a couple of seasons ago. I know Reddit was trying to figure out who all was involved. It was during Triano or Watson's time as coach though because Chriss and Ulis were 2 of the likely suspects.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson