Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker makes first team All-Bubble team for seeding games.

It looks like they didn't pay a lot of attention to position on first team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad the Suns did not have anyone on the second All Bubble team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty Williams selected as coach.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some information on the voting for the All-Bubble team for seeding games.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lillard was the rightful mvp
Booker played like a superstar
Lillard played like a super-human

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here is some information on the voting for the All-Bubble team for seeding games.

So it looks like there were 22 total votes counted per award (based on the All-Bubble awards). If that is the case, there were 2 of the 22 "media panel" that didn't vote for Booker at all in the MVP race. He got 19 2nd place votes and 1 3rd place vote (Dame got 22 1st place votes), so that means 2 votes didn't go to Booker at all in that top 3 for MVP. That's mind-boggling to me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What is their criteria for an MVP award? How are Doncic and Harden more deserving of it? Their teams were average at best. It's arguable that the Rockets were even worse.

Looks like it's not an "MVP" award to people and more of a "best player of the bubble" award. That explains why TJ Warren is on these ballots. Doesn't seem fair to me. But it's like that with the regular MVP often too.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What is their criteria for an MVP award? How are Doncic and Harden more deserving of it? Their teams were average at best. It's arguable that the Rockets were even worse.

Looks like it's not an "MVP" award to people and more of a "best player of the bubble" award. That explains why TJ Warren is on these ballots. Doesn't seem fair to me. But it's like that with the regular MVP often too.

Two people voted for TJ over Booker and Book got 18/20 second place votes. Seems like they got it right.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
TJ only played in 6 games. Seems bizarre he got the nod over Book when their numbers and clutchness were both basically equal.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
20/20 votes had Booker on the first team and 18/20 had Booker in the top-2. That’s pretty good.

Idk what you mean by “fit”...
I merely pointed out that 2 voters didn't have Booker voted at all. And who they voted ahead of him does not fit the "Most Valuable Player" designation. Do you disagree? Do you really think TJ Warren was more valuable in the bubble than Devin Booker?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lillard playing out of his mind towards the end is what got him past Booker. I still think he should have been penalized for missing 2 game winning free throws against the Clippers. Booker deserved no less than 2nd though so I'm fine with it.

I was a little surprised by how some people here tried to discount his chances when I mentioned him as an MVP favorite. I think us Suns fans have been beat up so much that the idea we'd produce an MVP was difficult to grasp for some.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lillard playing out of his mind towards the end is what got him past Booker. I still think he should have been penalized for missing 2 game winning free throws against the Clippers. Booker deserved no less than 2nd though so I'm fine with it.

I was a little surprised by how some people here tried to discount his chances when I mentioned him as an MVP favorite. I think us Suns fans have been beat up so much that the idea we'd produce an MVP was difficult to grasp for some.

were there a lot of people here discounting Book’s chances? Thought it was pretty much universal here that people believed Book was right there with Dame. Both of them were flat out redonkulous.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
were there a lot of people here discounting Book’s chances? Thought it was pretty much universal here that people believed Book was right there with Dame. Both of them were flat out redonkulous.

I never said it was a lot of people but there were definitely some who seemed to think he wouldn't receive any top honors, MVP or 1st Team. I can't remember where but the case was being made on stats that Booker was the 4th best guard behind Dame, Harden, and Luka. That was used to say he wasn't a lock for 1st team honors. Also whenever I mentioned him as a front runner for MVP it seemed someone would try to dispel that notion also. He may not have been THE favorite but he was definitely A favorite and would have taken it if it weren't for a historic run by Lillard.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I never said it was a lot of people but there were definitely some who seemed to think he wouldn't receive any top honors, MVP or 1st Team. I can't remember where but the case was being made on stats that Booker was the 4th best guard behind Dame, Harden, and Luka. That was used to say he wasn't a lock for 1st team honors. Also whenever I mentioned him as a front runner for MVP it seemed someone would try to dispel that notion also. He may not have been THE favorite but he was definitely A favorite and would have taken it if it weren't for a historic run by Lillard.
Who? We've been on this board non-stop for 2 weeks, and I don't remember a single person saying Booker didn't deserve 1st team over Harden and Luka.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who? We've been on this board non-stop for 2 weeks, and I don't remember a single person saying Booker didn't deserve 1st team over Harden and Luka.

right? Feels like the overwhelming majority of us were all aboard the Booker train, just marveling at how EASY he was making domination look.

I can never remember Book just being able to get his shot anywhere he wanted, any time he wanted, getting to the hole and even dunking more than he ever has.

dude was straight FIRE for eight games.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Appears to have started here, https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/posts/4256535/
with WhyAlwaysMe, GatorAZ, and BC all chiming in there. I knew that would be easy to find since I remember replying to the stats that were posted. That's not the only spot I saw it but at least gives you a place to start looking. I'm not going to dig for more right now because there's been a ton of activity in the last few days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave