Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is it this team is decent on the road and absolute garbage at home? The overall demeanor is night and day when I watch away games vs home games.

it's pretty weird, especially for a team so young.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How is it this team is decent on the road and absolute garbage at home? The overall demeanor is night and day when I watch away games vs home games.

They have been pretty awful on the road lately as well. See Atlanta...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson will miss Friday's game against Spurs.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Cam Johnson is out for tomorrow's game. It'll be his fourth straight missed due to a right quad contusion. Aron Baynes (left hip soreness) is doubtful. He's been out for the last 2.

2:04 PM - 23 Jan 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baynes is listed as doubtful.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker on the season.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Devin Booker on the run of form this season: "That does make it frustrating when you can see the spurts when where we're all locked in together and we're playing at a high level compared to games like last night when you just get your ass kicked from beginning to end."

12:31 PM - 23 Jan 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty Williams on the Suns:

“If you were the Spurs or the Clippers and you got two All-Stars on your team and know you’re going to be in the second round of the playoffs or the conference finals, yeah, you flush it,” Williams said. “But when you’re not there, and for me, I’m not saying I’m right, but I think you take every opportunity to teach and learn and we know we can’t play effectively if we don’t play extremely competitive and hard and if we don’t have the body movement, the player movement and if we don’t lock into a defensive gameplan, we got no shot.

“We have to have all three of those things at a high level and almost perfect to have a chance to win games.”

Article by Kellan Olson of Arizona Sports

https://arizonasports.com/story/223...eing-internal-understanding-growth-suns-need/

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol... gotta say, you're not close yet, but you're starting to veer into a certain someone's territory beating this dead horse.
Yesterday’s game by Ayton sucked a lot of air outta the enthusiasm his mini-game run had built up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Monty Williams on the Suns:

“If you were the Spurs or the Clippers and you got two All-Stars on your team and know you’re going to be in the second round of the playoffs or the conference finals, yeah, you flush it,” Williams said. “But when you’re not there, and for me, I’m not saying I’m right, but I think you take every opportunity to teach and learn and we know we can’t play effectively if we don’t play extremely competitive and hard and if we don’t have the body movement, the player movement and if we don’t lock into a defensive gameplan, we got no shot.

“We have to have all three of those things at a high level and almost perfect to have a chance to win games.”

Article by Kellan Olson of Arizona Sports

https://arizonasports.com/story/223...eing-internal-understanding-growth-suns-need/
Great quote

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Monty gets it. Too bad the owner and GM do not...

The margin for error is pretty thin. The Suns can compete with good teams if everybody plays perfect. That might be an improvement over last year but they’re still light years away from being “good.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
it's pretty weird, especially for a team so young.

Not really. For some young players it's easier to play on the road since there are less distractions. It's just about basketball.

When at home there are more ways to be distracted. It also doesn't help that the majority of our home games probably feel like road games

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly Oubre deletes twitter account. Not good news.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kelly Oubre deletes twitter account. Not good news.

Especially with that quote, expect Oubre to ask out of Phoenix no earlier than the coming offseason, if not before the Trade Deadline.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a Duane Rankin article at azcentral:

“Negative people, I don’t do that,” Oubre said. “I just surround myself with positivity and that's going to help me be better.”

Oubre said he plans to remain positive through the negativity.

“All I can do is control what I can control," he said. "I can’t control nobody else, no other people, no other entities. I can control the joy and happiness that I bring to this world and just be happy with that. I don’t care what other people bring back to me because the ones who it touches, they’ll tell me. You'd rather appreciate something like that's alive and well.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ddresses-deleting-twitter-account/4561848002/

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
From a Duane Rankin article at azcentral:

“Negative people, I don’t do that,” Oubre said. “I just surround myself with positivity and that's going to help me be better.”

Oubre said he plans to remain positive through the negativity.

“All I can do is control what I can control," he said. "I can’t control nobody else, no other people, no other entities. I can control the joy and happiness that I bring to this world and just be happy with that. I don’t care what other people bring back to me because the ones who it touches, they’ll tell me. You'd rather appreciate something like that's alive and well.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ddresses-deleting-twitter-account/4561848002/
I don’t blame him. Suns fans have been toxic towards him recently.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t blame him. Suns fans have been toxic towards him recently.

I can't blame the players. Oubre's positivity and play has been a bright spot. The Suns need to keep players like this.

I guess fans want to place the blame somwhere. Maybe it's all the years of losing although it's no excuse. The negativity has even carried over to the forum.

I do think Monty can fix the Bridges and Oubre enigma by starting both players at the forward positions. It's not like the Suns have anyone better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't think Monty gets it. Start both Oubre and Bridges at the forward position. It would help cure the slow starts.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't blame the players. Oubre's positivity and play has been a bright spot. The Suns need to keep players like this.

I guess fans want to place the blame somwhere. Maybe it's all the years of losing although it's no excuse. The negativity has even carried over to the forum.

I do think Monty can fix the Bridges and Oubre enigma by starting both players at the forward positions. It's not like the Suns have anyone better.
There was plenty of negativity here even in the Sun's best years. I do not even post in game threads much any more. And if they get blown out, I stay away from the board for a day or so until people cool down. All that negativity is just not good for my own psyche.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose