Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Fitz becoming the ownership face of the franchise is actually a pretty savvy move by Sarver.

Not sure it changes much from a management and operations perspective, but certainly helps with the perception of the organization.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fitz becoming the ownership face of the franchise is actually a pretty savvy move by Sarver.

Not sure it changes much from a management and operations perspective, but certainly helps with the perception of the organization.

Publicity stunt. I would rather the focus be on the product on the floor than the owners.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I don’t think Sarver will allow him to become the face of the franchise. I’ll be surprised if after this news we see much, if anything more than a little, connectivity publicly between Fitz and suns.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think Sarver will allow him to become the face of the franchise. I’ll be surprised if after this news we see much, if anything more than a little, connectivity publicly between Fitz and suns.
I suspect you are correct, I am hoping you are not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a ray of sunshine with Fitz joining the Suns ownership. I can't say enough good things about him.

Still a part of me wishes that Steve Nash was also an owner and ambassador for the Suns.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Didn't fitz used to show up to games from time to time, maybe more after he retires.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bleacher Report understands what the Suns need as the trade deadline approaches. Depth.

It's been awhile since I've read something realistic.

Zach Buckley writes:

There must be a shooting guard out there who can stop this offense from torpedoing anytime Devin Booker needs a breather. Or a point guard who can close the revolving door behind Ricky Rubio. Or an athletic big man who can juice the bench and buy spot minutes alongside Deandre Ayton or Aron Baynes. You get the idea.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...am-must-address-at-the-trade-deadline#slide24

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it speaks to even how much better Ayton can, and hopefully should, be when after this string of good games he still just merits . . .

“I think he’s looked really athletic and kind of committed,” Simmons said. “He’s definitely been playing harder than he’s ever played“
I read that Ayton almost threw up after the Spurs game because he was so gassed.lol

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If someone had told me in the off season the Suns were sputtering with Rubio, Oubre, Booker and Ayton playing well, I wouldn't have believed it.

The Suns bench is unbelievably bad.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If someone had told me in the off season the Suns were sputtering with Rubio, Oubre, Booker and Ayton playing well, I wouldn't have believed it.

And literally all of it, other than Elie Okobo (sorry, but I count Bridges as a starter and Saric as part of the bench, even if management stubbornly won't), was constructed by none other than James Jones.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Fitz becoming a part of the ownership group I feel it's safe to say rumors of Sarver selling the team a couple months back were unfounded. Fitz and Sarver are buddies, god knows why, and because they are friends, I can't see Fitz buying in if Sarver is looking to get out.

I guess that is one negative to it, Sarver isn't going anywhere, but I don't believe there was ever reason to think he was either so it changes nothing in my eyes.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

We didn't have much depth to begin with but the injuries have been killing us

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Can I please remind people that it is the Sun's INJURY DEPLETED bench that is bad. The loss of Cam and Kaminsky as well as Oubre (Oubre was half back in the last game) is significant. The bench is bad, but not quite as bad as it seems.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can I please remind people that it is the Sun's INJURY DEPLETED bench that is bad. The loss of Cam and Kaminsky as well as Oubre (Oubre was half back in the last game) is significant. The bench is bad, but not quite as bad as it seems.

Except that Cam isn't NBA worthy on either side of the ball, and Kaminsky's defense is so bad that it nullifies his offense even when he is on fire offensively.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We didn't have much depth to begin with but the injuries have been killing us

Injuries and a suspension are issues for sure.

I'm saying if I were to take a step back in time to this past summer and was told those four mentioned players (Rubio, Oubre, Booker and Ayton) were playing well for the Suns, I would have expected better results.

Suns should be able to win with those four players with an adequate supporting cast. Hopefully this is what will happen when everyone gets healthy. A trade for more depth would definitively help.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Injuries and a suspension are issues for sure.

I'm saying if I were to take a step back in time to this past summer and was told those four mentioned players (Rubio, Oubre, Booker and Ayton) were playing well for the Suns, I would have expected better results.

Suns should be able to win with those four players with an adequate supporting cast. Hopefully this is what will happen when everyone gets healthy. A trade for more depth would definitively help.

And if at that time you were told that the starting power forward was Dario Saric, who would contribute nothing, that there would be no back-up power forward, that there would be zero offense off the bench, and that Mikal Bridges would be the only player outside of Rubio, Oubre, Booker and Ayton to show any sign of being an actual NBA player?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Suns bench needs improving even without the injuries.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Good to see, I have expected this news for quite awhile. But I would think he has a very small percentage of ownership so I am not sure it really changes much of anything.
With his foot now in the door, and Sarver behind the move,
maybe Larry will be able to do what no one else has.

Convince Sarver to hire the right people, let everyone do
their job and count his trillions.

I would hope that Fitz is not one of Sarver's stooges
like Jones or his inexperienced coaches, who don't have
the leverage to take charge.

We now have something to hope for. If it works, great!
If not, well, there used to be a joke about the comedian
Bob Hope and his cousin No Hope. That would be Sarver. :shrug:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If TJ was at least as good as he was last year (in other words, just competent), the bench would look much better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this link works properly. Here's a 3-4 minute video of Booker and Fitz shooting together and talking life, community, being a role model. Neat video, it's good to see Booker and Larry already have a good relationship.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gina Mizell
@ginamizell

·
3m

Monty Williams said he’s unsure about the availability of Cam Johnson (quad) or Aron Baynes (hip) for tomorrow’s game at San Antonio, but is hopeful one or both of them will be able to return on this road trip (Sunday at Memphis, Tuesday at Dallas) #Suns

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

·
4m

Devin Booker on the run of form this season: "That does make it frustrating when you can see the spurts when where we're all locked in together and we're playing at a high level compared to games like last night when you just get your ass kicked from beginning to end."

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
How is it this team is decent on the road and absolute garbage at home? The overall demeanor is night and day when I watch away games vs home games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose