Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow Memphis has a 7 game win streak going. Suns are 10th, should move to 9th after pending a Suns over Spurs win.

Grizzlies have some nice players on their roster. Morant, Brooks, Clarke and Jaren Jackson Jr are a nice young core.

Even Valanciunas is only 27. Then there is Melton.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

·
29m

Oubre said during the Atlanta game it was in the second half when things started being out of sorts. The lights were messing with him. He's already been through a concussion in Washington so he knew what was up when it was going on.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting note on the season as we have officially passed the halfway point. Only 1 loss by 20 or more points this year compared to 8 at this point last season. The Suns were 10-32 after 42 games last year and are currently 18-24.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Interesting note on the season as we have officially passed the halfway point. Only 1 loss by 20 or more points this year compared to 8 at this point last season. The Suns were 10-32 after 42 games last year and are currently 18-24.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Improvement, absolutely. But exactly the type of marginal improvement that easily can be attributed solely to having a competent head coach and NBA level starting point guard. I maintain that in terms of roster construction we have seen nothing that should inspire confidence in James Jones.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can still play better than Saric at his age, better numbers and better defense. Can still shoot it beyond 3.

Ibaka's numbers are indeed better than Saric's across the board. The question, of course, is whether they are better enough to warrant giving up assets, particularly given that Ibaka's defense has fallen off of a cliff (to the point where it is now as bad as Saric's).

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Any word on whether we can shave 10 years off his age?

He's only 30. He seems older because he's had some down years. I don't know whether they've were because of attitude or injuries (he hasn't missed many games, but might have been playing with nagging things). He'd be close to ideal because he's fundamentally sound, plays both ends of the floor, and can space the offense. But maybe he'd be another Ariza, and start to mail it in as soon as he figured out that the team isn't very good.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's only 30. He seems older because he's had some down years. I don't know whether they've were because of attitude or injuries (he hasn't missed many games, but might have been playing with nagging things). He'd be close to ideal because he's fundamentally sound, plays both ends of the floor, and can space the offense. But maybe he'd be another Ariza, and start to mail it in as soon as he figured out that the team isn't very good.

Weren't there rumors about Ibaka being older than his listed age?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't Seattle/OKC pick him with one of the picks we gave up to dump Kurt Thomas?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ibaka would be a nice addition to this team if the cost is not too high.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ibaka is only 30. I thought he was older. He might be able to play 5 more years, but he is an expiring. I would not want to give up too much for a run at the 8th seed and then lose him. That does not make sense at the stage where this team is (unless Ibaka indicated he would resign with us).

I really liked DRose last summer, but I am not sure about his fit here. Maybe he would be OK. He is not the facilitator that Rubio is, so the look off the bench would be very different.